[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't fucking take it /adv/...the tension is too much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: aayyyyywtf.jpg (50KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
aayyyyywtf.jpg
50KB, 300x300px
I can't fucking take it /adv/...the tension is too much to bare.

I started a new job a little over a month ago and I haven't really bonded with my coworkers; I'm always on my own at lunch. I've been the odd one out, I don't know if I have what it takes to build normal relationships with others and live a decent life. I'm trying really hard to assume the best about my coworkers but I'm constantly fighting the idea that they think I'm weird, that they don't really care for me or want me around.

How can I compose myself in this situation? I'm starting to freak out and I don't want my anxiety to interfere with my work performance.
>>
Take a step back and look at yourself. Are you and interesting person that people want to hang out with?
If you're not, just accept that you're weird and do the best damn job for that paycheck. You're not there to make friends.
>>
>>18399464

But I need to mesh with the others to be considered a good worker. We seem to have friendly enough conversations but I still can't fight the fear that they secretly dislike/hate me or something.

I was doing find until today but all of a sudden it became this huge problem that I can't stop thinking about.
>>
>>18399486
You're rushing this thing a little bit too much, at least wait for 3 months before assuming everyone hates you. Did something bad happened on your previous job?
>>
>>18399515

Was a bit of a black sheep, often kept out of the loop or not invited to things. Everyone there was crazy judgemental and could be quite mean, talking to some of them could be like walking on eggshells because saying something weird gave them stuff to talk about with others later on.

It still just...I've encountered this experience so many times before (work, school, etc) and I'm at my wits with it. I'm a super traumatized loser, I'll never be the well adjusted type. I do my absolute best to be nice to people but that's almost never enough.
>>
>>18399552
You just need to learn a bit more on communication skills, thats all.

A little protip; the less you know about a person, the more you wanted to know about that person. It what makes a person interesting. Be that person.
And please don't be a nice to people, but be polite. Nice guy finish last is very true in a corporate working environment.
>>
I have a sister who you seem to think like. " Why am I so weird? Why am I always akward?" In my mind, its a problem with being self-centered.

I feel self-centered usually carries a bratty connotation, but why I mean by this is that you are so focused on yourself in these situations that you end up tearing yourself apart.

When you think to yourself "I am weird", you shouldn't feel isolated by that, everyone is weird as fuck. You are so focused on yourself in these situations that you obsess over your supposed missteps or flaws.

In the situation where you want to mingle and better get to know someone, instead of being so self-centered focus your attention to the other person, be an active listener so you don't get lost in your thoughts and psychoanalyze yourself. Everyone is weird and awkward, you are just self-centered.

Not everyone will like you, but the benefit of a co-worker is you can still have a cordial relationship even though you don't really mesh as friends. As long as your are polite and know your boundaries people will like you.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.