[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Graduated highschool a week ago >College in August >Already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Fuckit.jpg (34KB, 377x164px) Image search: [Google]
Fuckit.jpg
34KB, 377x164px
>Graduated highschool a week ago
>College in August
>Already reached the point where I leave my room for 2-3 hours max a day, usually just to exercise a bit and eat
I'm gonna go nuts. What are some things to do outside?
>>
>>18399294
join something and make friends
>urrrrr but normies reee I'm a special awakened memer
join something and make friends
>>
>>18399303
this. but let's face it, you'll just find some excuse not to do this. Unless you stop making excuses, nothing will change
>>
>>18399311
not OP here
cheap pleasures and money drive me to come out of my den
>I'm better than that.
guess you could prove it by staying inside longer
>>
>>18399315
adding to this, once I was out and about, I found better things. sometimes a very good friendship or a little bit of romance can boost your mood and lift your depression. we are social creatures, after all.

people always say to volunteer, but I personally don't believe in spending energy on the elderly or abandoned cats when you are in a state where it's difficult to go outside. then again, that is just my personal take.
>>
>>18399303
Not him but similar
It's not that i'm special or better.
It's the opposite. You can shower all you like but you can't get the stench of shut in off you.
People sense that you can't do much for them and write you off pretty quickly.
>>
>>18399352
Yes you can. It just means that you still act like a shut in.

>People sense that you can't do much for them and write you off pretty quickly.
They probably just acknowledge the fact that you'll bring their social status down and so it's better for them not to hang out with you
>>
>>18399372
It's a metaphor, sweaty.

>>18399352
I was just being cautious. Pepe is cancer.

It is very hard. Countless sociological factors make it so that a even a shut-in who is trying his best to get "out" stays a shut-in. I don't know the answer.

>>18399372
Anyway, what you've proposed is a self-perpetuating, sort of catch-22 situation. If you don't have any advice, begone.
>>
>>18399425
And I replied metaphorically.

What about that is a catch-22?
>>
>read outside
>go to outdoor events near you
>go to outdoor drink/food establishments
>play a sport
>get a job
Lots of stuff to do outside in the summer
>>
File: gondola1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gondola1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
similar situation here /adv/ In dire need of help
>19, just finished soph year
>working in Mass, from another state
>no friends up here to speak of
What I did in past summers mainly involved going out with my long time friends (like been firends 10+ years) and doing random shit
I've never worked a 9-5 weekday normie job before, so I have no idea what to do with my time from 5-11, and it's even worse on weekends
I'm one of those people that thrive off of socializing, but I'm also shy to people I don't know well so it's hard for me to make friends in the first place
I've started lifting and it kinda helps but it's not enough

>pic related me in this wasteland of loneliness and boredom
>>
>>18399621
Work out
>>
>>18399294
I suffered from the exact same affliction after i graduated HS and enrolled in CC. Please make friends and lift weights.
>>
bump because this is literally me.
i exercise for an hour a day to stay healthy(ish) and tan but then come back inside and sit on 4chan all day. i don't really have any friends they just cut me off
>>
>>18399621
Literally same as u right now, barring location obv
>>
>>18399621
bro you're going to school and you have a job, there's literally no reason why you shouldn't have no friends. I'm sure you have a couple acquaintances.
>>
When you're on 4chan you're with friends, anon!
>>
>>18399294
Get some friends to hang with, if you don't have friends get some
>>
I think we all have this problem to an extent.
A place to go every day is a human necessity. People make enough money to retire at 50 and then don't because retirement is waiting for death. I wish I could tell you how to get out and do stuff other than "get a job" but in truth I could never figure that out myself.
Just make sure you're in shape physically and mentally when college starts.
>>
File: sh4_05_1024.jpg (107KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
sh4_05_1024.jpg
107KB, 1024x768px
>>18399294

sometimes wish shit like this was real
>>
The older you get the more this happens, until you're old, and it's just about all you do.
>>
Not OP, but how do you just 'get friends' outside of school/university? Also what if I'm just not a likeable person?
>>
Join a class on something you enjoy, you meet like minded people there all while having something to do and it's fun. This is your youth don't waste it being bored
>>
>>18399621
Befriend people in your classes, and work. Find someone with common interests, just talk with people. It won't be weird because you literally work alongside eachother. Hell, go to a club on your campus or something.
>>
>>18399294
Do Not Ignore This Issue, OP

Get out now. Make a personal rule that you can only be online for pleasure 2 hours per day and force yourself to do other things or you will become retarded and mentally ill.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.