[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I try to be the best friend I can be to the few friends I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0267.png (2KB, 478x468px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0267.png
2KB, 478x468px
I try to be the best friend I can be to the few friends I have by being a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk to and hang out with, but they never reciprocate it back. They act like I don't exist and never invite me out with their other pals even though they say I'm one of their "closest friends". When I ask them about it they get all offended. What do I do? I know I'm not entitled to anything, but they never seem to want to be around me. I haven't done anything, I'm just super lonely. They are the only friend Ive ever really had in my life.
>>
>>18399201
just be friends with them and don't get emotionally attached to them. Be there for them but don't care if they do shit like that. Just disconnect yourself from them and learn to function without them.
>>
>>18399201
I feel you. You can always test their interest by not initiating conversations or not trying to invite them to places.

And if they don't do shit then just ditch them. It's better to be alone than with shit people that make you feel miserable.

You can always make new friends but I guess that you've already gotten this advice numerous times.
>>
>>18399389
The thing about making friends is I find it hard to start the conversations (unless I'm really eager to talk to them.) Once that part it over, I can socialize all day and night, but just the initiation... I'm just bad at coming up with things to talk about.
>>
>>18399212
Its hard not to get attatched to one of the only friends you had in years, let anyone anyone who has actually cared about you and didn't treat you like a ghost, but I guess that will never happen.
>>
>>18399201
I feel you OP. I had a friend invite me and some other people out for smoothies. I used to dance with these people and took a long, extended break from it. Anyways a couple teenagers show up, my friend (25) and myself (22). We were hanging out and proceeded to say that he was planning to get the same tattoo that my ex and her current boyfriend had (cringe). One of the first things my friend said to me was to call my outfit tacky. I know I should have just put on thick skin and not been bothered by it but there was just something about it coming from a friend who hasnt slighted me before and who was wearing galaxy pants, a video game T shirt, and a snapback. It just ticked me off to hear that from a "good" friend just to impress a bunch of 16 year olds. So I ended up leaving pretty early thinking to myself you know what if you want to hangout with kids a decade younger than you and get smoothies, be my guest and dont count me in.

The next couple days I kept a healthy distance and felt better about it so I decided to reach back out to him, after all we are still friends. So I invited him out with my siblings to Steak and shake one night and knew he has to work in the morning so I even suggested to get wings with him the next day if that worked better. He replied that wings sounded great and asked when and where. I told him the place and we could shoot for 8. He then sent a lame message about it being too late for him and that he "was feeling like an old man". He offered that maybe we could do something on the weekend but I told him I was leaving for a two week trip. He was just like Have a nice trip. I just said I would and see you later.

I just wanted to tell him man I know you work but if you cant meet a friend out for dinner for an hour what kind of friend are you? You could get back my 9.30 and still get 9 hours of sleep if you had to be up by 6.30. If I really ment anything to you you would make an effort. I guess not.

Sry 4 wall of text
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.