[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I becoming too weird by normie standards? Then: >live with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5383.jpg (83KB, 639x647px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5383.jpg
83KB, 639x647px
Am I becoming too weird by normie standards?
Then:
>live with long term gf, dogs, house, good paying but stressful job
>go out on weekends

Now:
>live alone in a 5 bedroom house
>masturbate 3-5 times a day
>only have sex when I'm out of the country, or if girls I've hooked up with come to visit
>smoke pot and play vidya all day
>only leave house to surf or buy food
>don't do any chores, pay people to do yard work, house is a mess
>travel overseas frequently

I feel like my neighbors see me as a fuck up. Only people that visit me at home are my family and I'll throw obnoxiously loud bbqs for my degenerate friends whenever
>>
>>18398899
Do you enjoy the life that you have currently?
>>
>>18398905
I do but I feel like a huge degenerate or hedonist. The only long term goal I've met this year was landing a surf trick that kids half my age learn.
>>
>>18398899

thats not really weird. if you have the resources for a big house, then that has nothing to do with being weird.

if the normies knew about your masturbation some would say its weird others would relate.

as for sex thats not weird, you have sex with established partners

lots of people smoke pot and play vidya all day

you basically go outside to do what you like. some people will think you should do more but its not weird.

plenty of people are messy

plenty of people travel.

this isnt weird at all to be honest. not the most mainstream but not weird.
>>
>>18398926
>I feel like a huge degenerate or hedonist.

Sounds like you need to be more secure it what you like to do. If there are things you wanna go for then go for it, but it sounds like a pretty chill life to me. Also if you've got the funds to pay for a 5 bedroom house by yourself, you're doing better than most "normies"

Btw who cares what normies think of you? Do what you want so long as it doesn't directly negatively effect others.
>>
>>18398951
>>18398928
Thanks. I've been really self indulgent and deep in my head for the past couple of years that I find it hard to identify with wanting the whole picket fence, wife, and kids anymore so I'm not sure if I'm just becoming a big antisocial weirdo or not.
>>
>>18398957
Np bro. Btw if you don't mind me asking. What do you do for a living? What did you do before that was so stressful? I'm in my last semester as an industrial engineer here at uni and jobs are just on my mind atm.
>>
>>18398965
lol I was an engineering consultant but the company I was at before sucked the soul out of its workers.
>>
>>18398980
Lol no way. What do you do as an engineering consultant? Is that still what you do now? I'm guessing you went to uni for some kinda engineering too?
>>
>>18398957

the problem here is that you assume that the world is divided between 'wife and kids with a white picket fence' and 'anti-social weirdos'.

the wife and kids shtick doesn't make people that happy these days and more and more people are discovering independence and self exploration. like every other lifestyle it has its flaws but you are not even remotely close to the only person like this.

if you feel sad or lonely invest in some friends or what have you, but if you're happy and fulfilled i wouldnt worry. it doesn't mean you have to go get a wife and kids if you arent fulfilled, it just means you need to do more exploring.
>>
>>18398989
This
>>
>>18398986
Yeah I got my degree and license in mech engineering. Basically did design and construction management for hvac, plumbing, and fire protection systems. I'm still an engineer but my current job is way less demanding.
>>18398989
Thanks. All my neighbors are nuclear families and I get the stink eye sometimes. I don't feel lonely but some people try to imply that I should.
>>
>>18398899
Drop the drugs and you are ok.

The pot will turn you into absolute mess over the years.
>>
>>18399024

even if people do see you as weird, does it matter? you get what you want out of life and while the stink eye may suck its certainly better than just getting a wife and kids to appease neighbors
>>
>>18399029
This, I'm trying to kick this shit as we speak. Easily wasted about 4 years of my life on this shit
>>
>>18399159
>>18399029
Yeah I practice moderation. I feel alcoholism has affected my friends a lot more though. I don't drive, work, or do physical activities under the influence of anything at all.
>>
>>18399275
>moderation
I dont believe in moderation considering weed. That shit is cumulative.

And the moment you drink alcohol "to have fun", you already are on path becoming addicted.
>>
>>18399299
I mean the only reason I do most things is to have fun. It's kind of one of the reasons I feel like a piece of shit, because I'm almost constantly having fun. It's not even instant gratification, it's constant self indulgence. Maybe I need to volunteer more or something.
>>
You are living the fucking dream, but care about what your neighbours think

either troll or humblebragger. either way fuck off
>>
>>18399520
It's hard not to care what your neighbors think when you own a home. It should be your sanctuary, and a bad relationship with a neighbor could jeopardize that, especially in our litigious society.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.