[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm so very alone. I've been single for several years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

I'm so very alone.

I've been single for several years now, my ex left me after an eight-year relationship and I felt like i've been alone ever since.

I'm going to school right now and out for summer, living back at home in my hometown. This place is very small and doesn't have a lot of opportunities for people that don't drink and go out to bars.

I made some friends in school but everyone is much older than I am and I just feel very out of place.

I've always had more female friends than male, I guess it's for the fact that I was always tormented by guys growing up. I've always been much more comfortable around females.

I'd like to be in a relationship with someone again but I don't know how I would even begin. It's not like I haven't tried either, I've signed up to a countless number of dating sites and even used ones you had to pay for. I literally sent out hundreds of replies to people's profiles commenting on specific things they liked or talked about - I never got one reply. The whole online experience has been very demotivating.

tldr; very lonely, living in small town hard to form relationships. Afraid of being alone forever.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I feel like I'm not meant to be on this planet.
>>
>>18397903
I've been alone for years OP. Man up and make some online friends, or find some hobbies
>>
>>18397909

How do you make online friends? If I knew how to do it I would have done it already. I have hobbies, I just can't seem to find people that share them. Specifically ones of the opposite sex.
>>
>>18397920
What sort of hobbies? I am in the same boat as you OP but I've only been alone since last week. I am having horrible nightmares every night, just woke up from one of them. I'll do anything to escape this feeling.
>>
>>18397929

I'm sorry to hear that. I still get the nightmares too, it's really shitty.

I really enjoy photography, although I haven't gone out shooting in a very long time. Running and hiking. Sketching and anything to do with art, I like making things.
>>
>>18397903
Tinder, okcupid, meetme, omegle, eharmony, kik, discord, online multiplayer games.

Social events.

Friends friends.

Get a gf you noob.
>>
>>18397935
I was trying to do more /out/ stuff with the ex but they apparently just care about drugs. Otherwise I loved doing those things when I still had some kind of creative drive. I have to get it back somehow, right now my life is nothing but drinking and depression on and off.

I did make some /tv/ themed Sim 3 houses a few months ago, any "art" projects I have done in recent years are just low effort stuff like that.

Idk I am afraid to use online dating sites, I might do what >>18397938 is doing and pick up an mmo. If you decide to do the same thing post the game you wanna play here and I'll check it out.
>>
>>18397938

I've tried tinder countless times, I just end up getting no matches or getting ghosted.

I play online games but I don't how to meet others that play them too? I go to message boards but it's largely a dead end.

I struggle with social anxiety disorder and I'm very much an introvert. I feel like everything is just working against me here.
>>
>>18397903
I'm not a big fan of these online dating sites. I would try things where you actually meet and interact with people. Volunteer activities, charities, meetups, part-time bar tender, something where you work with other people or do things together.
>>
>>18397952
Yeah, my ex lost her mind and totally changed who she was. Ended up abusing drugs and alcohol and going out to bars every night, drinking and driving, hooking up with random people, etc. It was heartbreaking.

In retrospect I should have pushed myself to go out more and be more social with her as a couple. I just struggled with ptsd and social anxiety. I still do but i'm a lot better now than I was back then.

I've recently started playing playerunkown's battlegrounds. I could never really get into wow or mmo's like that.
>>
>>18397965

Thank you, they're total shit from my experience. They leave you feeling more empty than you did before going into them.
>>
>>18397965
> Volunteer activities, charities

Is it shitty to be skeptical of doing this kind of thing because I'm worried a lot of the people involved are compensating for something or have otherwise selfish motivations, I know the whole idea that nobody can be purely altruistic but my experiences have led me to believe a lot of them are ex drug addicts who did horrible things to people or trying to get laid. I'm not religious, but I do get people need to be forgiven for their past but I'm not on board with the whole song and dance aspect if that makes sense.
>>
>>18397958
>countless times
9?
99?
999?
Finding significant other is no easy task which can take months to years. The only sure way how to lose is to not play.

Post profile photo and tell me how fast you ask girls on dates. If you dont ask them on date in 1st convo, you are doing it wrong.

Also real world activities like
>>18397965
works. You just have to decide what are you willing to sacrifice in order to find happiness in your life.
>pro tip
Whining on /adv is not enough.

>social anxiety disorder
Let me guess, brought up by single mom? Ever been slapped? How old are you? World is cold shit place full of miserable people and only way out is through sheer power of will.

So what it will be? Suicide or self improvement?

And btw hiding from your life problems behind anime and video games is like prolonged suicide. Just even more pathetic.
>>
>>18397970
>Yeah, my ex lost her mind and totally changed who she was. Ended up abusing drugs and alcohol and going out to bars every night, drinking and driving, hooking up with random people, etc. It was heartbreaking

Yup except mine met someone from the clinic, I am certain she turned him onto heroin for the first time because his personality and values are completely different now. At least I don't have to see it happening.

And yea the mainstream MMOs are pretty shit. I feel like a game is my best bet atm because I don't want to rush into dating or meeting anybody, just looking for people to talk to first. They were my only friend and I have no idea what people are even like, I have so much trouble talking to them and worry they'll pick up on autism or something.
>>
>>18397984
>And btw hiding from your life problems behind anime and video games is like prolonged suicide. Just even more pathetic.

Anime and games/improving yourself aren't mutually exclusive, you seem like you're projecting some insecurity yourself there hitch. Can't expect everyone to just turn off their voice of reason and thrust themselves into the world with ptsd or something, without any idea how to act around people.
>>
>>18397984

>Let me guess, brought up by single mom? Ever been slapped? How old are you? World is cold shit place full of miserable people and only way out is through sheer power of will.

Brought up in a chaotic household with parents that were both unstable and in an unstable marriage.

Suffered through abuse at a very early age, thought it would end after high school but it continued into work afterwards

Tried 3 or 4 times with medication for depression but the side effects were horrible every time on various medications.

Tried talk therapy twice and was made to feel like an idiot both times. This is due to the piss poor healthcare system in this small ass town.

I'm 31.

I've been slapped, punched, beaten. I had to get seven stitches once because someone thought it would be cool to see what a rock would do to my head.

I've tried running regularly and going out to events like concerts. I went to a show just before school got out for summer, it was by myself but i forced myself to go.

I have a feeling it will be suicide, I just don't know when.

I hate anime.
>>
>>18398001
>projecting
We are on 4chan, the average poster here is anime/videogames boy who has some mental problems until staten otherwise.

Of course you can do both at the same time, but then i read op's post again and to me it seems he has almost given up.

>turn off voice of reason
I can. And you should if you realize your voice of reason holds you home alone and sad. It obviously works against you.

There are people who dont think at all and ends up in big trouble. And then there are people like op, who think so much they are paralyzed by fear and
>social anxiety disorder
which is almost always doctors slang for
>being pussy afraid of everything
unless you were raped as kid.

So yea op, realize what you want from life, try to act a little reckless in your life and head outside. Here we have hot summer already, so river, beach, swimming pool and all kind of concerts are going to happen.

Or just go get drunk into some bar and talk to somebody there.
>autism
It doesnt matter, at least you will be more interesting for normies.

Cheers, dont rot in your basement alone!
>>
>>18397980
This has not been my experience and I have met some great people doing this. Of course there have been some dweebs but like everything else I didn't associate with them outside of the group.
>>
>>18398031
>I have a feeling it will be suicide, I just don't know when.

I an planning on that either way, because regardless of what I'm doing up until I have the resources to acquire a gun, I will eventually get sick and I don't want to die in the hospital, I hate hospitals. Even if this is your plan, you don't need to mould your life around it, you can still try to make the most of your life before you decide to cash out.
>>
>>18397991
That's pretty unfortunate. How long were you in your relationship for?

That's the one thing that I value most, not having to be around her and see what she's doing to herself. I think the worst part was how she would tell me she still loved me and just wouldn't let me go - despite not wanting me in her life.
>>
>>18398042
>How long were you in your relationship for?

10 fucking years. Only to find out they have about as much love for me as a distant cousin and felt this way for a while but just wanted to wait for someone else to come along. It's already falling apart between them, everyone warned him about her so that's why I think a relapse is involved.
>>
>>18398040

I wouldn't say i'm moulding my life around it. I'm still making steps towards a possible future for myself - which is why i'm in school right now. If it wasn't for school i'm not sure i'd even be here right now.
>>
>>18398048

That's brutal. I'm sorry to hear that, I certainly know how that feels though, it's not fun. When mine ended I took it very badly, it seriously almost killed me.
What kind of support system do you have?
>>
>>18398049
School is definitely better than nothing ... Don't take what you have for granted. And don't invest 100% in anybody, I hate this kind of advice but life really is not a fairytale at all.
>>
>>18398056
Just my parents honestly. I really fucked up, it seems like you at least have a chance with school and all.
>>
>>18398031
Fuck, now i feel a bit sorry op.

You clearly need hug. Op, your life can still be salvaged. As the bullying go, it works pretty straightforward:
Weak meak people with 0 confidence act in certain way and all non autism normies can tell it. And of course assholes bully you the most simply because rhey can feel your fear and that you wont resist.

That is why they bully you at work. Maybe not that badly as in school, but it hurts the same mental way. Change job and face your bullies. Tell them to fuck off, tell HR, bully them back. This is only way.

>suicide
Please dont, there is still hope.

Also you are at school. Chat dudes and ladies there. Force yourself to talk to them. Ask them what they are doing at weekends and ask if you can come too.

>>18398040
I dont know what is more pathetic. Future suiciders giving suicide advices or people like me who live life on easy mode and know the misery only from 2nd hand experience.

Fuck this, i am going to jump off cliff myself. The struggle isnt worth it at all.
>>
>>18398064
>Fuck this, i am going to jump off cliff myself. The struggle isnt worth it at all.

Christ calm down.
>>
>>18398057
Yeah, I have a problem with giving far too much of myself to other people. In most cases, they don't even deserve it and the effort I give largely isn't even appreciated. I just want someone to love me as much as I'm capable of loving them you know?
>>18398059
It's good you have your parents, that's always a huge help. What about friends?

Yeah, school has been very helpful so far, despite the fact it's hard for me to connect with all of these children.

How old are you?
>>
>>18398064

No worries, people generally don't get it unless they've experienced it themselves. I like to assume everyone I meet has been through terrible shit. It's just a better way of thinking and treating others I think - assume they've been through hell.

It's hard to say, I didn't get physically beaten at work but psychologically I'd say it was on-par for sure. Having hammers thrown at you and nails shot at you from nail guns. Construction is the absolute fucking worst. This is why I'm back in school now, like I said it pretty much saved my life.

>suicide
>Please don't, there is still hope.

No promises there, although it shouldn't be within the next 3 or 4 years anyway. I do chat to people at school. It seems like the ones that I feel I connect with are just not interested in me.

I think what makes it worst is having to always hear from other people how they think I should be seeing someone. "If I was a good looking guy like you and 20 years younger" etc etc. Makes me want to fucking die.

>Fuck this, i am going to jump off cliff myself. The struggle isn't worth it at all.

I second this. >>18398069

>Christ calm down.
>>
>>18398070
>What about friends?
Literally one autist who comes over to drink a few times a week, he is in an abusive relationship himself and I sometimes have to baby sit his phone so he doesn't drunk text her, all we do is watch TV.
>How old are you?
>>
>>18398100

At least you have that one friend! I lost all of my really close friends when my relationship ended.

>28.

You're still young!

>I really fucked up

How exactly?
>>
>>18398069
>>18398093
>christ calm down

Sounds rich coming from people planning suicide. Now you felt how i feel reading your suicide notes. Apply your advice to yourselves first.

>>18398093
>psychologically
As i told you, normies with social skills (all of them) just look at you and can sence your lack of balls / confidence. That is why you have no respect.

>i should seeing someone
You should. It is about time to marry for you. And they are trying to lift up your ego and confidence up so you actually have chance in attracting female.

So again, stop the bitching, realize you dont own anybody anything, and next time anybody tries to "banter" you, tell him to fuck off in the worst possible way. Insult somebody. It is better to be percieved as psycho than meak boy.

Start wirh gettibg friends from school. Start with
>can i sit next to you
in class and invade their personal space by qiestions. They will either tell you to fuck off or become your friends eventually.

Good luck and chill out on the suicide thing. You cant fap nor shitpost if you are dead.
>>
>>18398118
>You're still young!
T-thanks ...
>How exactly?
Idk I've just got nothing going on at all. I'm gonna go get a job or go to school and I'm worried people will pick up on how depressed and sheltered I am and I'll basically have the same issue you do OP. It's really hard to connect with anybody when you know you can't invest fully and have to constantly check yourself and overanalyze every little interaction until it turns into full blown paranoia. Idk how life came to this.
>>
File: 1445965661340.jpg (37KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
1445965661340.jpg
37KB, 500x497px
>>18398130
Your b urself level advice is childish and makes me want to swallow thumbtacks, you are just a speck of dust in the universe, stop being so afraid of death, leave norman.
>>
>>18398130

>Sounds rich coming from people planning suicide. Now you felt how i feel reading your suicide notes. Apply your advice to yourselves first.

Mine has a bit more foundation and a lot less sporadic impulse to it than yours. If that is some way of justifying it, I don't know. Whatever.

>I basically have no confidence, I've been working on it a lot the last few years though. So I guess I have some now, it's gotten a lot better anyway.

>Good luck and chill out on the suicide thing. You cant fap nor shitpost if you are dead.

Actually lol'd at that, thanks.

>Idk I've just got nothing going on at all.

No other education or career or anything?

>overanalyze every little interaction until it turns into full blown paranoia

This is the absolute worst. I'll lay awake at night going over conversations I had with someone trying to figure out what it was they ACTUALLY meant. Even if it was a small action they took towards me.

>Idk how life came to this.

You and me both.
>>
File: CJWKtLHUAAAgCeF.jpg (49KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CJWKtLHUAAAgCeF.jpg
49KB, 576x1024px
>>18398133
>sheltered
>connect
>cant invest fully
You are talking absolute bullshit.

Read my part about thinking too much
>>18398033
Turn off your voice of reason for a moment. It is clearly killing you. You need to say fuck it and do something. Anything really.

>>18398147
>be yourself
Never told anything like that. And sorry for interrupting your echo chamber full of suicide and broken dreams with no hope for brighter future.

If anything, you should fake being somebody else so the people aeound stop abusing you and your gfs using you as backup man.
>fake it until you make it

>>18398157
Suicide is never justifiable in these cases. Only good reason is some very slow painful terminar cancer. And in that case docs will give so much morphium the slow death will feel better than heroin trip.

>thanks
No problem anon. We are all here for each other. Maybe one day you will be the great /adv/isor and i will be that anon with terminal cancer. You never know.

So really guys, start and keep doing progress in your lives. Dont end up as r9k.

>pro tip
If you are super desparate about obtaining somebody who wont backstab you in the back, date single moms. They are girls who made some biggest fail in their lives and are desparate. They will date anybody willing to take care of them and kids. Perfect for "losers" like you if you decide you dont have for anything better.

Good luck!
>>
>>18398157
>No other education or career or anything?

No in a way it's a clean slate, but in another way it's blatantly obvious I've wasted my life up until this point and it's just going to be an uphill struggle to make up for the time, quit being alcoholic, quit being a NEET mess and figure out how to not be homeless in 10 years in the most expensive state to live in the country. So yeah, pretty fucked up.
>>
>>18398179
Either you're baiting or retarded, read the thread ffs.
>>
>>18398184
I felt like I wasted a lot of mine too. The best way to turn that around is just by starting. Small steps lead towards bigger goals even if you can't see it right away. Just stick with it.

I'm guessing this state is either NY or CA?

>>18398179

I'm so lost on how to approach matches on tinder. Especially when they give next to no description in their profile.

Also, >Christian

No thanks.
>>
>>18398190

thank you.
>>
>>18398190
If i have to choose, i choose to be retarded. Much better than reading the suffering for the second time.

Stop alcohol and get a job.
:-)

>>18398203
>aproach matches
Easily. Greet them with their name, introduce yourself, ask them what they are looking for on that site/app, throw random lame joke or newest meme and ask them on dinner. If they agree, exchange phone numbers. If they dont want to see you now or give phone, they dont want to fuck/date you so just cut the losses and move on.

>no thanks
That is problem with whiners on /adv. Terrible lives, terrible broken personalities, neets, alcoholics but all want 10/10 qties.

Fix your life first or realize how close to hobo you are and lower your standards.
>>
>>18398215
>Fix your life first or realize how close to hobo you are and lower your standards

They're definitely lowered, I had some good nookie for a while but I'd still rather set myself on fire than hook up with memester fuckboy like yourself.
>>
File: dizww2yfap7y.jpg (84KB, 952x592px) Image search: [Google]
dizww2yfap7y.jpg
84KB, 952x592px
>>18398228
>yourself
Was that aimed at me or you? Not sure.
>memester fuckboy
Nobody called me this yet. I had to google it, but it looks like you invented new meme. Sorry if i sound like a jerk, but that is the most effective way how to help majority of posters on /adv/. To make them mad a little so they (hopefully) do the self reflection part and realize how stupid they sound and decide to not give up.

Anyway hang in there anon!
>>
>>18398228

actually lol'd
>>
>>18398252

This guy seems like a total fucking clown. wow.
>>
>>18398252
What you're doing, it's not workin for you. You have no point of reference for what works and what doesn't, you're a total brainlet if you think faking confidence is fooling anybody.
>>
so back to my origional question.

How can I go about meeting people online and actually make a connection with them? Preferably female.

I've tried online dating and it just doesn't seem to work.
>>
>>18398309
You cant. You call them clown and or memester :-D

>we are all going to die alone
>>
>>18398323

fuck my literal life
>>
>>18398377
Think about it anon. You are talking with some anon on 4chan, called him retard, clown, memester even though he is trying his best (still probably shit advices) to help you and give you a lot of (You)s and attention you seek so you dont feel alone and maybe a little better.

And then you ask how do you make friends. Exactly like this:
>talking to them
and maybe trying to see their point or politely calling them on their bullshit. Works both online and offline.

But no, you are too good, too depressed, too emo, too cool for this anon.

And i already told you multiple times what is wrong with you
>too much thinking
>overthing problems
>zero or negative confidence
And i would guess as bonus
>obnoxious
>afraid to talk to people (introvert?)
>too much negative experience with people
>fear of failure

Good luck on your path towards salvation. And think about dating single moms before suicide. Think how terrible your parents were and that you can save some innocent children from the same (or even worse - single mom upbringing) fate. Plus with a bit of luck and patience single mom can give you the love, attention and warm home you were lacking to this point.

Or just work on your problems.

Dont lose hope anon.
>>
>>18398409
You are still butthurt about this hours later and you aren't even talking to the right person. OP didn't call anybody anything. Your stupidity is making him even more discouraged. Just stop talking and thinking ffs you're hurting yourself.
>>
OP, dress nice, lift weights, and get a decent haircut. Then just learn to socialize with strangers. Find a common interest that's very socialized or one compatible with another's. (My current social circle was originally met through one guy I met at a vape shop; I film a lot of his tricks since I'm into photography and filmography)

Seriously, the best way is to try. If my aspergers autistic 0 social skills initially ass can make friends and learn to socialize, then you sure as fuck can to. And it starts with growing balls.

(if your can't even cope a good amount of testosterone to rage out of depression, start with taking ZMA, working out, and NoFap)
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.