[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a decent job that'll give me weekends off? Like,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Tammy_Slaton.jpg (88KB, 392x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tammy_Slaton.jpg
88KB, 392x360px
What's a decent job that'll give me weekends off? Like, a receptionist or something?

I'm sick of never knowing when I'll have another day free.
>>
Fight attendant.
>>
>>18395823
I've considered being a baggage handler, even though it doesn't give weekends off.
>>
>>18395948
Maybe consider being a package handler
>>
I find call centers that haven't completely outsourced to india have a set schedule. It might be second shift to cover the west coast until 8 but you're not working saturdays.
>>
>>18395950
What, like UPS?

I did that once. They fired me because I put hazardous chemicals in precarious places. I was 16 tho.
>>
Lol I'm a receptionist and work everyday no exception, only 3 hours a day though
>>
>>18395951
My friend did this. Got fired the very first time some crazy-ass complained.
>>
>>18395979
Wtf. Sounds like a paint in the ass.
>>
>>18395964
No, package like dicks... I was saying you could handle dicks.
It was a joke about being gay
>>
Work for the local government or school district. Weekends and most holidays off. It's great.
>>
School bus driver... even get summer off
>>
>>18396306
>>18396320
But.... it's summer now.
>>
>>18396336
Local government?

Summer is only 2 months in the school year really
>>
>>18396336
Yeah. I save all year and get by on unemployment in summer. Worth it for the break.
>>
Janiter like I do
>>
Update: My mom told me I'm not a failure.

I may apply for male flight attendant.
>>
Anything in the school district?
>>
kneepads.exe
>>
>>18395807
Software engineer. I write code for a large bank. Pay is great, I "work" from home Thursdays and Fridays, and vacation whenever I want.
>>
>>18397036
Not OP but What does a sw engineer for a bank actually do? I mean what kinds of things do you do on the days you work?
>>
>>18397077

Okay, this is how it goes:

8am: Hit snooze. Fall back asleep.
10am: Actually wake the fuck up, grab a shower, get dressed, call an Uber to take me to work. Code in my Uber the entire way
1030am: Dial into a standup call. This is a short (~5min) meeting where everyone on my team answers three questions. What did you do yesterday? What are you working on today? Do you have any blockers preventing you from doing anything?
11am: Arrive at work. Goto the kitchen, make myself a cup of coffee and a bagel.
1110am-1230pm: Code, then take lunch with my coworkers
2pm: Come back from lunch. Code.
3pm: Get pulled aside for ping pong. No kidding, we actually use the table.
330pm: Code.
530pm: Leave the office, head home.

Code* = tasks are agreed upon and assigned to me every two weeks during a sprint planning/retrospective meeting. Tasks are vetted, given a number of points based on their estimated difficulty, then my teammates and I get to pick and choose depending on our workload.

They can be larger things like building out new features for a part of our bank's website or fixing existing bugs. They can also be changes that you as an end-user never actually see or are affected by, such as cleaning up shitty code that others wrote before me. That part is called technical debt, and we pay it back because if it's left untouched then in a few years the codebase will be utterly unmaintainable and will cost the company millions of dollars to hire competent people to either fix the mess or rewrite the entire thing.
>>
>>18397077
I forgot to add that I also spend time doing the following:

Having one-on-one meetings with my manager and their manager. This happens about once every other week for. It's a 15 minute check-in to see how things are going. Usually I complain about not having enough interesting work and am given better work to do.

Code reviewing the, uh, code that my coworkers wrote. The project I'm on is pretty large and so we have other devs working on it, so we review each others' code to make sure that the end product looks as if only one person wrote the entire thing and give critique on it. Usually I tell people (mainly really bad programmers who really shouldn't be programmers in the first place) that their code is complete shit (in the nicest way possible while offering lots of help and guidance).
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.