[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That feel when I often get self-conscious and paranoid that everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: sad frog.jpg (114KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
sad frog.jpg
114KB, 1252x1252px
That feel when I often get self-conscious and paranoid that everyone is judging me and thinking I'm weird. Don't know how to address it.

I tend to get into this defensive passive-aggressive mode where I'm being rude on purpose, autisticly stare down random people who I think have challenged me, and generally fill with seething hatred.

I'm not proud of it, but often I can't help myself. I'm not sure what other reaction is appropriate if people really do find me weird, which is a big anxiety of mine. I'm working on myself, dress decently, am in shape, been told I'm good looking. But I just can't find my own fucking place. Don't feel like I belong.
>>
>>18395528
Most of it is probably in your head its ok to have walls to cope, but you have to distinguish whats logical or not
>>
>>18395528
Yea not sure dude . Maybe get some tacos and crawl back in your ahit
>>
OP are you me?

you can fake emotions, to try and forge genuine ones. Remove the hatred - care for an animal, a dog?
Feel like you don't belong? focus on becoming a nice person, the world needs more nice people. How can you not belong to the world then?

we're both on the same journey, the best is yet to come.
>>
>>18395681
This made me smile, this thread is to real, it's eerie
>>
>>18395681
Well telling myself that it's mostly in my head helps. Lots of my emotions stem from bitterness and loneliness, even though I'm an introvert and don't need people THAT much.
I like cats, but I'm not sure if getting one right now would be good. My father is against it as he thinks he would have to clean after it. Perhaps if I move out, which I want to do when I get a job (currently finishing my master's degree, I should graduate in 2 months).
>>
>>18395528
you probably are weird. accept it, and learn to not care about others opinions.
>>
>>18396046
I don't think I'm weirder than most people
>>
>>18396616

Exactly. You're weird, so is everyone else. Not a big deal.
>>
>>18395528
I used to do this a lot like 2015, and a bit last year, but I'm slowly getting better and ive been pretty chill this year

i used to be really bitter about other people and shit and I would hate going outside or looking at others I felt like everyone was in on this big ass joke and i was the fucking clown

I look at a lot of stuff differently now.

One day I was walking and I realized something: "huh, I'm so busy worried about what I look, I didn't notice that guy over there." That guy over there. I don't know him. I will never know him. and he was walking. away. that was all. and it just kinda dawned on me that, this guy might be (maybe not who cares) thinking the exact same thing as I. He might have walked past me thinking "Oh man I hope this guy doesn't think I look weird or something.... fucfkfuckuck I HATE THIS GOD I WANT TO GO HOME"

You go online and you find out there's a good amount of people who feel like they are being watched with eagle eyes and anything they do will be FUCKED forever

I kinda realized that most things are very neutral or positive (usually). When i dealt with people i was always fucking worried and shit but i realized I'm just talking to myself in another's body. That person might be just as much of a pussy as I am and if they aren't so what? i just gotta deal. I think of myself; what I think of others, and I usually have a neutral or positive opinion. I cant even acknowledge the negative too much anymore because i realize it happens so rarely. The people I used to place negative opinions on were just people who did nothing wrong to me and I was just bitter and jealous that they were having fun, or with friends, or whatever the fuck retarded bullshit there is to get jealous over.
>>
File: positive_attitude.png (89KB, 717x660px) Image search: [Google]
positive_attitude.png
89KB, 717x660px
>>18396657

Whoa. This dude has done some legitimate growing and maturing, good work my friend.
>>
>>18395528
OP what you gotta know is that most people that pass by won't even care about how you look or if you are weird. And if they do think about it, it will pass very rapidly, people like to concentrate in their own life which is fine.

My recommendation is open up a bit, don't think that people are constantly attacking you, which is most probably not the case.
If you are always holding a shield between you and other people, then they will never get close to you. Give them a chance and don't think so much about it, believe that people are neutral until they prove otherwise, be nice to them.

If you instantly assume people are thinking badly of you and get all defensive, then you will never overcome this.

Be nice to people and get this: People most probably don't even have a percieved notion of who you are, so try to give them a good first impression. And even if they think you are weird, they most probably won't mind in a few minutes, they have to concentrate on themselves. But if you give a good impression, they will remember it.
>>
>>18396704
>If you are always holding a shield between you and other people, then they will never get close to you
God damn. This post and the one about faking emotions just hits too close to home for me. I feel like I've pushed away a lot of people like this. Even ended a relationship because of it. But I just can't figure out how to feel for people or show emotion. I just don't have "it."
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.