[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I totally wrong for not giving more girls a chance and instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (115KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 540x675px
Am I totally wrong for not giving more girls a chance and instead holding out for girls I really like?

I feel like I'm wasting a girl's time if I don't like her already, but I never date anymore.
>>
Well it depends. Who are these girls you're rejecting/writing off, and why are you doing it?
>>
>>18393756
*ahrug*
I'm of the opinion that dating people just to meet more people is a good thing.

Go out to have an interesting time meeting a new person with a different take on life.

Meeting more people can only help expand your own worldview and broaden your exposure to life.

That is not at all a bad thing, and occasionally you catch a pleasant surprise, or at least a funny story to move forward with your life with.

The worst thing in life is to put yourself in a box where you feel like you know it all. It limits you and warps you in an unhealthy way that limits you from finding, understanding, and truly valuing the things that truly mean the most to you.
>>
I say give everyone more of a chance. People are surprising.

> wasting a girl's time
If she decided to go on a date with you it isn't a waste. There's always something positive to learn from a date no matter how bad it goes.
>>
>>18393762

I mean, I've recently written off come out-of-shape girls who aren't my thing, but if I sat down and talked to more girls, or tried online dating more proactively, I'd have a lot more opportunity. On OkCupid, I have something like 280 likes, but I never message anyone at all.
>>
>>18393786
Rejecting girls because they're not attractive to you is fine, but you can't just sit there and expect a girlfriend to just land in your lap.
>>
>>18393793

It seems like that is contradictory to a lot of other advice... A lot of people say that if you're looking for a relationship, it won't come, and "these things just happen."

I think sometimes that my standards are too high, and that I never try. I haven't approached a girl in a long time.
>>
>>18393805
This is my experience. Looking fir a girl never gets you one. They just sort of fall in your lap when you least expect it.
>>
>>18393805
>"these things just happen."
because the circumstances are in favor of it happening.
>>
>>18393805
>It seems like that is contradictory to a lot of other advice... A lot of people say that if you're looking for a relationship, it won't come, and "these things just happen."

That's because there's a difference between being desperate for a relationship, and going out while being open to the idea of one (while actually being ready for it).

I'll put it this way.

As this anon >>18393776 I did online dating

I met a bunch of girls I would never have met otherwise. I pretty much just went out to hang out and meet random people, same as if I sat down at a bar and just started talking to people.

I didn't go out specifically to get a girlfriend. In fact the short bit that I did, I had absolutely no luck even meeting people.

But while I was just going out to go out, I randomly just messages a girl some off hand comment, she responded, I figured hey, let's meet for a coffee. fast forward two years and some change and we're still together.

I Wasn't specifically looking for a relationship--I was just out there to meet people--but I was open to the idea of it and put myself out there, and went with the flow, and end up with one.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.