[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the FUCK is it illegal to consent to euthanasia almost everywhere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1426707352372.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1426707352372.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
Why the FUCK is it illegal to consent to euthanasia almost everywhere in the world, but it's legal and morally right to euthanize other animals? Why don't we have the right to choose, as human beings, to have a peaceful death? Why is it selfish to commit suicide, or be suicidal in any way? I want to fucking die but I don't want to traumatize whoever finds my body/my family and it'd be nice to have a relatively painful death, a happy end to a miserable road.
>>
>>18393533
The short answer is:

A mixture of religious culture and money. Government can't make money off of you if you're dead. And deeply-rooted religious beliefs cover any moral argument against it.
>>
>>18393539
Fuck this shitty planet
>>
>>18393533
cause you are going to die anyway why try something that's defined to happen its like plucking an unripened apple or something just live it out dude death is already defined don't worry if you feel suicidal or not you will die just be patient
>>
>>18393551
If your dog was yipping and limping in pain from a chronic condition you'd put them out of their misery, right?

Why do we have to suffer and wait until a "natural death" (something most people don't have the pleasure of experiencing) just falls into our laps? I know I'm going to die. I'm in agonizing pain and I want the ride to end already.
>>
>>18393533
Maybe it has something to do with the definition of consent? I think you are seen as unable to consent under a lot of pain or severe mental health problems or what have you which happen to also be reasons why people consider euthanasia. It's stupid and surely there could be ways around it but it is what it is. It's not a perfect world in other ways either
>>
>>18393533
i'd even take it a step further and put down old and useless people just like you do with old and useless animals
>>
>>18393571
then do it why are you so much concerned about anything at all
and let me tell you no matter how close they are to you maximum 3 months and they are cool with you biting the dust
no one cares enough man just do things that satisfy you
>>
>>18393533
The primary answer is that it could very easily be abused. Not only children trying to get rid of rich or bothersome parents by faking their signatures, but whole cultures. Alongside gassing Jews and others, the Nazis had an extensive system of killing the "unfit" and imperfect. It would be easy enough to make those seem voluntary.
>>
the other anons point about religion/money is exactly right. i do think there are a couple 'right to die' states where you can do that op.

>>18393753
maybe he's disables lack the means to do it himself without going some fuck awful way like slitting his own throat you fucki g retard
>>
File: IMG_8585.jpg (49KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8585.jpg
49KB, 720x720px
>>18393533
Because (((big beta))) would lose billions in revenue.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.