[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one deal with losing almost all of there most significant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1463282358168.gif (334KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1463282358168.gif
334KB, 300x250px
How does one deal with losing almost all of there most significant friends?

Is it just a part of transitioning further into adulthood? 25 y/o male here. . .

I don't believe its because of anything I've done to be honest. I think I just happened to pick the wrong people to be friends with.

Fucking sucks anons... Some of my best friends just stopped answering my calls, texts, ect ectera. The only positive thing I can see from this is the opportunity to overcome adversary, and make myself into something even better than I could have before.

I dunno.. thanks.
>>
>>18392953
>Is it just a part of transitioning further into adulthood? 25 y/o male here
yuuuup. same age too. my thing was I outgrew them and started going a different direction in life. then none of us got along anymore, shit went real south.

friends come and go.
>>
>>18392965
well same age as when it happened to me without being a thing where people moved, or I moved, but where we just stopped being compatible types of people.
>>
this is why I always thought the
>bros before hoes
thing was stupid. bros don't stick around forever, or at least very few do. if you find someone that you really mesh with though, that can last a lifetime and you share life in a way that you don't with friends, and you grow together in ways you don't with friends.
>>
File: 1488094907407.png (1MB, 1438x781px) Image search: [Google]
1488094907407.png
1MB, 1438x781px
Thanks anons

>>18392965
>>18392968

I've outgrown dozens of "friends" throughout the years. Never expected to lose anyone whom I considered nearly blood related family. Specially when it was "mutal"

>nohomo

>>18392977

Checked

I've turned down / thrown away pussy cause the "bros b4 hoes" mentality. Making tons of sacrifices for people to end up getting cut cold turkey style.

>Why do I need to become my own best friends Jesus?
>>
>>18392953

kinda. some people place greater pride in friendship. others dont. people who make it to about 26 tend to be in it for the long haul, and people who make it as good friends passed 30 tend to be in it til the end.

but theres a lot of things that get in the way.

highschool changes you. college DEFINITELY changes you. graduating changes you and your life. and finally settling down and having kids changes a lot.

some people manage to make it through.

maybe you didn't pick the wrong people, maybe they just weren't going to be long term friends. doesn't make them wrong or bad. friendship is not about longevity. we've been fed this myth that love and friendship are eternal but thats cartoonery nonsense.

the truth is we attach to people in our lives while they're there because we tend to be at the right place and right time to get along. one of us changes in a drastic way (like graduating) and neds to go somewhere else and their owrk changes them or having a wife or having kids changes them in ways that they cannot relate to their old friends as well.

no ones wrong, people just change.
>>
File: 1494799117855.jpg (53KB, 342x492px) Image search: [Google]
1494799117855.jpg
53KB, 342x492px
>>18393158

>no ones wrong, people just change

What about people who suddenly stop talking to people for no reason? I've been guilty of dating people, and breaking up with them by cutting all contact with them without giving them any explanation / reason.

If Karma is real, I'm pretty sure losing a handful of friends is my punishment for that.

I really do appreciate your response though. Thanks a lot anon, I'll definitely take some notes.

Ironically, the two friends I have left from high school for instance, I wouldn't expect to actually to be there.

One got this girl pregnant unplanned last year, and has an apartment with said girl and they're starting a family together.

Other guy was pretty much my enemy all four years of high school, and now he's the type of friend who'll call you just to hang out and buy you a few drinks and shoot some pool.

/therapy session
>>
>>18392953
Happens to everyone. Dont overthink. People get really busy, they take on more responsibility in terms of mortgages and car payments. Theyre starting families, theyre getting tired of the hangout life and would rather keep to themselves and their SOs, theyre commiting more to their jobs, and probably working harder and getting more tired.

Factor all that in and then include that people just drift apart naturally, and change personalities entirely as they age and you have a natural reasonable explanation as to why you dont hear from them.

My best friend freaked out about this shit like you did. I loved the guy and he had a complete mental breakdown when people called him less and i was less available (in that time, for my own defense, it was because i was starting a new career that was education intensive and very hard so i just wasnt available.)
Dont be like him. He suffered totally needlessly. Me and all his friends who werent around anymore loved him dearly still and ended up shutting us all out.

I mean hes doing good now and were back in contact, but hes got a kid coming next month so now we definitely cant hang.

But thats life. Get new friends. And dont be a pouty bitch about it.
>>
>>18393272

most people dont just randomly start hating you. things fade, and the cut off point doesnt seem like it to you but you are not sitting there in their head watching their lives build up and fall apart and being sad about where your piece lands in it all.

>losing friends is karma

stop
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.