[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I end the friendship without telling my friend she's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: 38487392.jpg (625KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
38487392.jpg
625KB, 2560x1600px
Dear /adv/,

A while ago, my best friend got out of a really long relationship and she's been slutting it up ever since. She's already been w/ 6 or 7 guys since the start of this year as far as I know and it's so disgusting I can't even talk to her. It's changed my whole image of her and I no longer want to be her friend.

The point is, I don't want to hurt her feelings. How do I end the friendship without telling her it's because she's such a slut?
>>
>>18390723
Just ghost her? Women have no problem doing that to guys they don't like or no longer like, don't see why you should have a problem then.
>>
Are you sure you want to cut her off?

For a different perspective, I had a slut phase too when I was younger. Now, I find slutty behaviour super disgusting, but the reason I did it at the time came from being really depressed about my big break up and feeling like I'd never be wanted again. Casual sex gave me some validation.

Break ups after long term relationships can be a really tough time. If you're truly her friend, you should talk to her, try to understand more, and try to have 'girls time' with her and stuff so she feels wanted without thinking she needs to get validation from sex. You should also be honest about her behaviour changing her view of her. Be like "hey I know this isn't you, and I'm really worried about you being this self destructive..." make it a caring thing.

If that doesn't work though, then just cut her off, but I really think you should consider this first.
>>
>>18390733
>I had a slut phase too when I was younger. Now, I find slutty behaviour super disgusting
>>
>>18390723
Why do you care so much?
Just tell her you disagree with whatever she's doing and you'd prefer if she avoided the subject.

Or just ghost her/avoid her, if you wish.
>>
File: 1496464395182.png (94KB, 192x187px) Image search: [Google]
1496464395182.png
94KB, 192x187px
>>18390733
>I had a slut phase too when I was younger.
You don't have a slut "phase", you don't stop being a slut. It's a label that sticks to you permanently.
>>
>>18390761

You're an idiot...
Please don't breed...
>>
>>18390767
It's true though...
Sorry I hurt your feelings...
Maybe you should find another guy to keep you warm tonight...
>>
>>18390733
Doesn't sound to me you find this behavior super disgusting but offering justification and no down side.

"Casual sex gave me some validation" So this is not slut behavior but a lifestyle that brings comfort and will at some point run its course and can be dismissed as a phase. You know like adolescence or young adulthood, something everyone goes through.

I really don't see anything that you or OP say that is self destructive. Is this behavior a coping mechanism, a lifestyle choice or a "phase" every woman goes through but needs depression to trigger it?
>>
File: 1.jpg (25KB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
25KB, 380x285px
>>18390723
That's....well, that's really not that many guys.
Why is it disgusting to you, anyway?
>>
>>18390733
Here's what's funny. These "slut phase" confessions are always fuzzy about duration but if you were to know the truth they last much longer than the "long term relationship" and the real reason the relationship ended in the first place.
>>
>>18390824
I'm the poster from before who said I had a slut phase. I was in a relationship for about a year and had a bit of a tough phase for about 4 months after the break up, I was just drinking lots etc. That was like 5 years ago and I would never do that again, I was 17 and young and stupid.
>>
>>18390847
Posts like this make me think did my gf have a "slut phase"? I don't even want to consider this shit.
>>
One of my best friends did the same thing as your friend OP. Its pretty jarring at first but talking to her works.My friend was extremely insecure so she was sleeping around. I think she got to around 12 guys in 8months. My other friend and I talked to her and told her its not safe for her health (stds) and that its not her character as we knew her. She started to slow down a bit and actually started saying no to guys. One of the guys she turned down still wanted to see her despite no sex which I think meant a lot to her. Now shes engaged to him after 4 years of dating
>>
>>18390723
>I don't want to hurt her feelings
someone needs to tell her something. I knew a girl like this once and straight up told her I wasn't going to hang around and watch her throw her life away cause some guy she was on and off with was using her as a cum dump instead of committing, so then she turned to going to parties to get fucked.
>>
>>18390866
you just know she did AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>18390733
Becoming a huge slut to get over depression isn't a valid course of action. It's like saying "I just murdered 100 people because I was really depressed but now I'm horrified by murder. " It doesn't wipe away what you've done and healthy sane people don't immediately dive into self destructive activities to deal with life issues.
>>
If you want to end a friendship over feeling repulsed by behavior of them that harms no one (at most potentially themselves), you should have the balls to tell them that so they at least know what kind of friend exactly they're losing.
>>
>>18391880
>and healthy sane people don't immediately dive into self destructive activities to deal with life issues.
Actually it is very common for people to deal with a break up either with fucking around (or, if you're a guy, trying really hard to fuck around) or alcohol/partying/obsessive gaming.
>>
>>18390723
Just break it to her nicely.

>>18390729
Don't do this unless you hate her. Be a man and at least say goodbye, even if you don't provide a reason.
>>
>>18390723
Are you pissed that she's fucking everyone? Or are you pissed she's fucking everyone else?
>>
>>18391980
OP is likely a straight girl
>>
>>18391994
Then who cares what she thinks.
>>
>>18390733
>I had a slut phase too when I was younger
Yeah and now you're looking to settle down right?
You're still a whore, don't delude yourself
>>
>>18390866
Yeah... first hand experience can confirm
>>
>>18391887
>source: my ass

Even assuming your statement is scientifically proven and not just your own warped view because you're a shit person with a shit group of friends, it doesn't make the action ok or justified anymore than murder is ok or justified just because "a lot of other people do it too".
>>
>>18390723
You accuse her of sleeping with your man you last words to her should be" your such a slut "
>>
>>18392040
Not that person, but yeah, it's kind of common. People deal with trauma in many different ways. Is it the healthiest choice? No. But otherwise normal, sane, healthy people will sometimes make unhealthy choices when faced with overwhelming pain. I started drinking too much after I separated from my wife. It was a really bad way to deal with my emotions, but it happened.

You're welcome to hold people to a standard of rigid, moral perfection; but the rest of us in the real world understand that sometimes people are flawed creatures and don't always deal with shit in the best way.
>>
>>18390866
You were the end of one
>>
>>18391887
>healthy sane people
>>
>>18390723
OP, could you possibly point me in her direction? I could use a good lay.
>>
>>18392188
Healthy and sane is relative. Just because you have a low point after a serious setback doesn't mean you lose your normal person card. There exists no army of "normal, sane" people who do everything by the book. It is normal to struggle with things, to have quirks and flaws.
>>
OP is attracted to his best friend here is is jelous she wouldn't have sex with him.

/thread
>>
>>18392004
maybe she wants to scissor sister her
>>
>>18392263
Neither healthy nor sanity are subjective qualifiers. Health is identifiable as is sanity.
>>
>>18392314
I understood it as overall mentally healthy vs physically healthy. But when it comes to sanity, there's a reason that the main rule of thumb in psychology is that it's a real issue when you experience it as an issue in everyday life, or a large/important part of your environment does. "Sane" people do a lot of "abnormal" things like talk to themselves, have little rituals that calm them, overindulge, enjoy in self-destructive or risk taking behavior, without overall fitting the pattern of a patient. If you were to consider all these people mentally insane, then most of mankind is and the diagnosis becomes meaningless.
>>
>>18392321
There's also a reason that psychology is considered a joke in the science community and it's because they just guess at everything without any way of proving any of it. It's not a real issue because you feel it is. It's a real issue to you perhaps because you haven't developed the skills one would normally have to deal with whatever it may be but that's not how the world works. It doesn't change to mold itself to a particular person's view of it.

All the things you described for sanity are markers on the way to insanity. they may not be insane and they may never be insane but the chances of them becoming insane or already being insane are much higher than with others who don't exhibit those quirks.
>>
>>18392635
Hate to break the news to you but sitting in the dark shit posting from the comfort of your mom's house isn't healthy, sane behavior either. Welcome to the unwashed crazy masses.
>>
>>18390733
Sleeping with many partners is not validation, it's confirmation that men will hump about anything that let's you.

That's like saying your a horn and get validation when someone plays a song with you, it's nothing exceptional, in fact it's expected.
>>
File: 1478140554613.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1478140554613.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>18390723
1. fuck her
2. call her a slut
3. cut ties
>>
>>18390723
i can help you op

so first you try to break up any regular meetings, like if you were meeting every friday evening at the bar you say you want to stop drinking or something so you stop regularly seeing each other.

then don't contact them at all so they have to contact you each time they want to meet up. you have to decline sometimes, but not all the time or they will get annoying.

its hard to give general advice here since it depends on the kind of activities you were doing together. for example if you shared a hobby you could say you lost interest in that hobby or you don't have time for some reason.

to make this believeable id say in the beginning decline once or twice then accept an invitation, with the amount of declinations gradually rising. sooner or later they will just stop contacting all together and success - you have one friend less and one acquaintance more.
>>
>>18390761
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna%E2%80%93whore_complex
>>
>>18390723
Say
LISTEN HERE BITCH

You're a fuckin slut and I can't stand it anymore... don't talk to me from this point on 'mic drop' walk away
>>
>>18390866
So you would love your gf less if she had a slut phase?

are you sure your not just in love with the 'idea' of your gf and not who she actually is?

you sound incredibly insecure

(this is all assuming she isn't a slut now)
>>
>>18393145
>trying to shame
>the #1 women tactic

People don't change. They only refine who they've always been to better fit their situation in society. Despite what you poor niggers might think because of your shitty environments, it's neither normal nor acceptable to be a huge slut for any period of time.

The fact that you did it once means you can and will do it again under the right circumstances and it sheds light on your character and who you really are.

You can cry all day about how it shouldn't follow you and "It was just once time!" but it doesn't change the fact that you're a whore and you will have a stigma on your forever because of it.
>>
>>18390729
Prolly this. It's what adults do. If you stop liking someone you just stop hanging with them on purpose. But you will probably end up seeing her sometimes anyway. Not too much you can do about that. But if you just don't actively reinforce the friendship, it will fade with time most likely. "Breaking up" with a friend just seems needlessly dramatic.
>>
>>18390723
>>>18393145
>trying to shame
>the #1 women tactic

Your post is literally nothing but shaming
>>
All of the responses here are shit. Lots of people go through a phase, especially after a long term relationship ends, where they stop saying no simply because their usual reason ("I have someone I love") is gone, and they haven't yet remembered that there are plenty of reasons to say no. It's shit to go through, but it's a valuable experience.

And for every girl that goes through this phase, there's X number of guys who went right through it with her. She didn't fuck herself, fellas. Shut the fuck up with your "Women who have sex are whores" crap, no one over 25 thinks like this except Fundamentalists and there's good reason for that.
>>
>>18390723
well stop being a bitch and for once think others are not supposed to live up to your criteria
>>
>>18390723

HOTTT. let her fuck around, maybe she's got daaddy issues to sort out and the only way is through the men's dicks.
>>
>>18393549
Most of those guys probably think she is their girlfriend until they find out the hard and painful way that nope, shes just a whore.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 326x238px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 326x238px
>>18390733
>I've had a slutty phase when I was younger but now I'm different
That's something you can't change, same as you can't make a hole smaller after boring it
>>
>>18393145
>So you would love your gf less if she had a slut phase?
If she hid it from me and I found out she's gone, if I knew about it i wouldn't even consider a relationship with her in the first place
>>
File: 1496248738251.jpg (51KB, 1024x566px) Image search: [Google]
1496248738251.jpg
51KB, 1024x566px
>>18391882
>If you want to end a friendship over feeling repulsed by behavior of them that harms no one
So you're friends with anyone that isn't an out-and-out asshole? We all make judgments when it comes to choosing friends.

>>18393051
Psychologists giving a perfectly normal perspective, shared by most of the world for centuries, a name doesn't make it abnormal.

>>18393145
>the 'idea' of your gf
Tumblr University's psychology programme isn't accredited, so you know.

>>18390723
Just stop contacting her, OP. Whee's the confusion?
>>
>>18393549
Sorry you became a slut lass but being a manwhore is in no way acceptable either, I guess you just attracted your kind of people
>>
Why do you care how much consensual sex your friend is having OP
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.