[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop giving a damn about what strangers in public think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1491276623283.jpg (69KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1491276623283.jpg
69KB, 472x472px
How do I stop giving a damn about what strangers in public think of me?

The older I get, the more social anxiety I seem to get. It's almost crippling me to the point that I can't autowalk or eat food properly without thinking of the people around me judging my behaviour.
I don't feel the same way at all when I'm with friends in public, but when I'm alone I feel really paranoid. This shit ain't fun.
>>
>>18388617

Why would people in public give a damn about you? They probably have better things to worry about than your egotistical ass.
>>
Everyone in public is worrying about themselves not you LOL
>>
>>18388617
Think of it this way:

How much thought do you put into the actions and behaviors of random people on the street? The vast majority doesn't even register with you. For the ones that really stick out, you might notice it and within 10 minutes completely have forgotten about that person.

That's what everyone does. No one could give less of a shit what you do unless you go out of your way to interact with people and make them notice you. Even then that's somewhat difficult to achieve. Making a lasting impression on someone isn't something you will accidentally do.
>>
>>18388617
Sometimes it's like " hey why's that guy staring at us"
>>
File: 1496526411590.gif (203KB, 680x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496526411590.gif
203KB, 680x768px
Don't worry anon, I had a problem with the same thing.

1. Realize how fucking weird people are. You think you look odd standing in a queue in the store? Look at that guy who makes weird hand movements. Or that woman who constantly scratches her back. Sometimes people do really retarded things in public but you don't even notice, because they seem completely natural.

2. Just act confident. It's not about feeling confident, it's about acting that way. I'm not the best looking guy around, but I decided that everytime I make eye contact with a girl on a street and she doesn't look away I smirk a tiny little bit. Don't overdo it though, it can look really fucking creepy if you actually smile.

3. Instead of trying to act "normal" act how you want. Walk in a way that you think looks cool. I don't mean "walk like a fucking anime character", I mean don't try to make every step perfect and never try to walk like other people. If you're reading some book in public or looking at your phone and somebody's staring at you look at them and smile. Be expressive.

4. If you seriously can't stand eye contact while walking, buy sunglasses that make your eyes invisible. Wear them and stare at everyone. Don't worry, they can't see your eyes, they're just looking at your shades. When you get more comfortable stop wearing them.

5. And again, please, don't try to be "normal". I guarantee you, you'll appear more "normal" if you'll stop pretending.

>inb4 reee just b urself

No, just stop trying to act like an average person.
>>
>>18388617
The way I eventually got over my social anxiety was by realizing that nothing matters. Everything/ everyone you have ever known or will ever know is on a float piece of dust going around a flaming ball of fire. The universe doesnt notice you and it never will. Then my soul died and i stopped caring what people think because they are completely meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>18388708
You're right. I think I'm putting random people up on a pedestal without even realizing it.

Funny thing is, I lived in another country for a while and had no problem being myself in public and doing as I pleased.

Just gotta realize that people in this country aren't as perfect as I think they are.
>>
I outgrew it but they do have medication
>>
>>18388729
Oh, then we have something in common.

When I was 17 I moved to a different country. I was thrown into highschool with no previous experience with the culture. Also I didn't know the language at all. All the friends I managed to make spoke in english, so I didn't really spend that much time with people from my school and I was scared that I'm never going to feel good in this country.

I felt really stressed out, but I realized that trying to mimic other people's behavior isn't going to do me any good.

I started to appreciate my culture and language. Soon I wasn't scared of speaking and completely accepted my accent.

You should do the same anon.
>>
>>18388735
No its temporary Just like alcohol
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.