[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>girlfriend left me >now I have no one to split bills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1496005345403.jpg (30KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496005345403.jpg
30KB, 500x400px
>girlfriend left me
>now I have no one to split bills with
>family lives across the country
>cheapest place I can afford only leaves me $300 for food monthly
>work full time job that is a few dollars above minimum wage
>mfw people tell me millennials are entitled when I can barely feed myself
>>
>>18388587
Are you retarded? 300$ for food monthly is more than enough
How much do you eat?
>>
>>18388589
I don't eat much but a bag of 5lb potatoes here cost $12

300 is everything left over though. So that's clothes and hygiene too.
>>
>>18388587
I spend about 50€ on food per month. And that's if I get myself something really nice a few times. Then again, I cook for myself which isn't always easy to do with a fulltime job. Do you usually buy something to eat for your lunchbreak (assuming you have one)? If so, you could start making sandwiches instead and bring them with you to your work and make a light dinner when you get back home.
>>
>>18388595
>5lb potatoes here cost $12
Jesus Fucking Christ, where do you live!?
>>
>>18388595
There are videos on youtube on how to eat with like 5 dollars a day or something, or you can get cheap food like rice or beans and get creative.Stews and stuff
>>
>>18388609
Nope. I tend to skip lunch. I just keep working from my desk. I never eat out either. A 2lbs thing of ground beef is about $25 after taxes too. That will last a few evening meals if paired with some noodles and sauce.

I pretty much live in the worst part of Canada where 38% of my wages is taken directly out of my pay.
>>
>>18388621
Bag of rice is $20. Lasts about a week.
Beans are pretty expensive here too. Even ramen packages are about $2 per square.
>>
>>18388630
You can get pasta too, is it expensive as well?
>>
>>18388630
Where do you live holy fucking shit.

I'd say move brother. Goddamn. That's ludicrous. A ramen square anywhere I've ever lived is around 50c.
>>
>>18388634
It's about $2 for no name brand bag that can last about 2 meals.

I mean. I used to be able to afford just $50 a week, but they increased the price of everything along with taxing the shit out of us. My car insurance alone is $300 a month with gas costing about $120 and all I do is drive to work.
>>
>>18388637
And if you buy them in a pack they're about 30c a piece.
>>
>>18388595
>>18388625
>>18388630
Those prices are bloody insane. Would it be an option for you to go shopping in a cheaper town every other week or so? Say you drive some 50-100km to get to where things aren't so costly and buy in bulk. You'd have to calculate to see that you don't pay more for the gas than you'd save on the groceries, but could that work?
>>
>>18388637
Newfoundland, Canada.
I'd move if I could find work elsewhere.
>>
>>18388645
It's more expensive if I leave the city. I already got a Costco membership and buy in bulk but God damn are bills tight.
>>
>>18388638
My advice to you is to go vegetarian or lower the meat consumption since it's so expensive
>>
>>18388646
I work as a soda vendor in the U.S. It's backbreaking work but I make about $16/hr and the cost of living is cheap as shit compared to that mess. Apply across the border dude. It opens the door to a lot of other opportunity.
>>
Well, with prices like that, there's no way I could live on the 50€ I need now. I think I could make it work, but yeah, it'd be hella tight with clothes, hygiene, etc thrown in there as well.

Only other things I can think or are either getting a flatmate to split the rent and some bills with, or asking for a raise.
>>
>>18388667
Flat mate + maybe use public transport. I'm from switzerland and public transport here costs 1/4 of what a car would cost you. Also, if you've got a farmer nearby maybe he'll sell you stuff in bulk cheaper.
>>
>>18388646
You need a roommate. That's the only solution to your problem. You can't change the cost of food/goods. You can alter your diet to include less meat, as suggested by another anon. So you can make minor tweaks, but they won't amount to much considering how high the cost of goods are where you live. So the only thing you can control is the amount of people to share the cost. So get a roomie.
>>
File: feels_bulb_man.jpg (66KB, 547x396px) Image search: [Google]
feels_bulb_man.jpg
66KB, 547x396px
>>18388721
I've been looking for a roomate, but I live in a shitty place where there isn't much access to public transportation and the only people that need a cheap place around here seem to be retail workers which means they need public transportation.

I even asked my Ceo for a raise but the best he could do was give me a small loan to deal with the next two months.
>>
>>18388587
My dude, if you're spending more than 70$ a week for food on one person you're doing it wrong.

That said: get a better job, or a promotion. If you've been there for 2+ years you've go the retail experience to get work in a managerial position.
>>
>>18388730
Well you could search for a roommate per internet or public billboards.
>>
>>18388587
Get a roommate asap.
Find cheaper acomodation.
>>
>>18388775
I live in Canada. 100 bucks in food a week is like white rice and potatoes all day errday
>>
>>18388587

So there's a few things you can do to try to stretch your money out until you find a roommate, OP.

First, go through your bank account and look for any online subscriptions you may br paying for that you either don't use anymore or you'd be ok without for 1-2 months. I saved like $50 that way because I'd sign up for stuff and forget about it.

Second, make a list of anything you really don't know that you can cut back on or buy cheaper versions off. I'm talking about smoking, drinking, junk food, etc...

Third, keep a close eye on your utilities. Take shorter showers, don't leave lights on or stuff in sleep mode if you can help it, maybe use a fan instead of running ac if it's not too hot.

Finally, check for any assistance programs that maybe available. I don't know much about Canada but if there's any food assistance programs or banks or welfare or anything. Check it out.
>>
>>18388873
not if you cook your food.

We had someone ask something like this before.

For ten to fifteen dollars you can get enough beans and rice to last you for like one to two weeks. That leaves you with 90 dollars per week to spend on veggies, meat, and extras.

300 dollars a month for food is WAY MORE than enough. No you cant have avocado toast, but you dont have to only eat rice and beans. You could easily afford yourself deli meats, veggies, and ground meat. With all that you can make sincerely delicious food at a fraction of the cost, but you do have to actually do the cooking afterall.

It is shitty, no you probably can't buy any boxed crackers, chips, soda, snacks, frozen tendies, frozen meals, ice cream, etc... but you have more than enough to be able to be creative with meat, veggies and carbs in a huge variety of ways.

And put up an add for a roommate.
>>
>>18388595
>I don't eat much but a bag of 5lb potatoes here cost $12
You're fucking joking, frozen potatoes in a bag are a dollar a pound in West Michigan, $3.99 for a bag of Green Giant golden potatoes.

You've got to use food banks. I donate to food banks. Use the food I get.
>>
>>18388922
>>18388873
I did the math and on amazon, for a pure rice and bean diet at 1940 calories a week only comes out to 16.50$

so, you're not cooking, not trying or something..
>>
>>18388595
https://www.numbeo.com/food-prices/country_result.jsp?country=Canada

Yeah, you're definitely fishy about the price of potatoes. The average price is 1 dollar per lb in canada.

Also use food banks.
>>
>>18388948
Man I'm not even lying. Shit is expensive here in Newfoundland because everything gets shipped here since we are an island. Plus sales tax is 15%
>>
File: Screenshot_20170605-210605.png (532KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170605-210605.png
532KB, 1080x1920px
>>18389397
This is the cheapest I can get a dozen eggs here. Most times it's about 4.45
>>
>>18389425
http://eflyer.colemans.ca/find-your-store/

300 bucks is a lot of money senpai.
>>
>>18389425
That's almost a dollar more from where I live. On sale they're $1.99, regular is $2.50-$3.00

Move retard. Or stay and go hungry :p
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.