[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some advice. I'm dating the love of my life, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1493602303800.png (296KB, 627x476px) Image search: [Google]
1493602303800.png
296KB, 627x476px
I need some advice.

I'm dating the love of my life, and it's the first real relationship for both of us.

Recently she told me that she isn't sure if she loves me. She "loves me," but doesn't feel that heart-pounding, butterflies in the stomach, head over heels sort of infatuation that is associated with romantic love. She says she still is happy with the pace things are going and doesn't want me to get discouraged.

I've noticed this trend for a while, where I'm a good bit ahead of her in terms of desiring intimacy and she's afraid to open up. That's normal, but it's hard not to think that it's because she doesn't like me too.

Her doubt made me start doubting. I'm sad about it. I'm not sure if this means she really likes me at all, or if I'm expecting too much too fast. I don't want to put my heart into a lost cause, but I'm also afraid that if I back off now it might be just me spooking myself.

I still love her, but I'm not sure about the relationship now.

What should I do?
>>
How long have you been dating?
She "loves me," but doesn't feel that heart-pounding, butterflies in the stomach, head over heels sort of infatuation that is associated with romantic love.
That simply means the honeymoon phase is over on her part. You have absolutely nothing to worry about if you're still both happy in the relationship.
>>
>>18386660
Oups:

How long have you been dating?
>She "loves me," but doesn't feel that heart-pounding, butterflies in the stomach, head over heels sort of infatuation that is associated with romantic love.
That simply means the honeymoon phase is over on her part. You have absolutely nothing to worry about if you're still both happy in the relationship.
>>
>>18386663
What shook me is that she said she never felt that honeymoon phase to begin with. We were always best friends before, so maybe that had to do with it? Neither of us knows if this is normal or a fatal blow.

She said she was waiting for that kind of honeymoon sign to return my "I love you" feeling despite the fact that she feels happy with me.

We've been dating 10 months and are happy. Or at least I thought we were. I don't know.
>>
>>18386651
>heart-pounding, butterflies in the stomach, head over heels sort of infatuation that is associated with romantic love.

This is a meme, and it rarely lasts long. Actual, long lasting love is deeper, and stronger than that. I've been married for close to 10 years. Those butterflies last like 6 months.
>>
>>18386651

>love of my life
>first relationship

oh dude you have no idea.
>>
>>18386739
That's what I thought. What about her saying she never felt that honeymoon phase in the first place though?
>>
>>18386755
bump....
>>
>>18386755
She thinks love is that initial honeymoon feeling
She won't realize shes wrong until she has a few failed relationships.

life sucks
>>
>>18386885
what is romantic love if it isn't that?
>>
>>18386910
What do you think old married couples have?
>>
You said you were friends before dating, that can definitely be a reason. You grow to love the person as a friend before developing romantic feelings, so you never really get that "crush" since it's already love. But, if it worries her too, it's also possible she just simply doesn't feel as strongly for you. That can either change and she'll fall for you more, or it won't and you'll end up breaking up. But that could happen in any relationship, at any time, so being afraid of that isn't alone a good reason to break it off.
>>
>>18386952
disinterested cohabitation
>>
What do you two do for each other OP? Like, what would you say is the sweetest thing you have done for one anoher?
>>
>>18387078
She sang and recorded like 10 different songs for me when I was sad.

I put on two small plays for her when it was Valentine's Day.
>>
>>18387131
You guys do things like that often? That sounds awesome.

Maybe you're trying to draw a parallel where it can't be made. She said she loves you, and shows she does, so that should be enough for you. Not everyone feels or expresses it the same way.

Don't sweat it.
>>
File: 1458755412615.jpg (162KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1458755412615.jpg
162KB, 1280x853px
This happened to me with a girl recently, we were dating for 4 weeks, meeting twice a week or so and she decided that we should stop seeing eachother, because she wasn't feeling the butterflies and that she wanted to fall in love

This actually happened a week ago and i still dont fully understand her, she told me she was great with me and really enjoyed spending time with me and that i made her feel some emotions others dont, why dont just let things flow then? I knew what she meant because i didnt had too much hope for a future with her either, was i toxified with her thoughts maybe?

I dont even know if this is a call for help, my mind bugs me with this thought, why would you finish this with all the things we said we were going to do? Destroying everything if we were having fun and having a good time?
>>
>First relationship of my life
>Ten months in said relationship
>Honeymoon phase is over
>WHAT IS LOVE? BABY DON'T HURT ME...

You're both too inexperienced to understand that every relationship goes through a honeymoon phase. Also, butterflies? Familiarity and routine kills that. She either needs to learn to accept that this is not an always thing and embrace what good your relationship has to offer, spice shit up in your relationship, or fuck dudes who give her butterflies and semen in her stomach. Six of one, half a dozen of the either. Fuck adrenaline junkies. Hopefully you're both just immature and you get past the. Or move on without problems.
>>
>>18386651
>heart-pounding, butterflies in the stomach, head over heels sort of infatuation
An extremem minority of people feel that way. Hollywood tries to propagate that that's how love is supposed to be because it lets them sell movies, but in reality love is mostly much more subdued than that. Falling in love often takes time, and you don't get any butterflies then, instead it may just be a feeling that you are where you belong.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.