[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >24 >struggling to find ways to study effectively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: studying.jpg (50KB, 650x320px) Image search: [Google]
studying.jpg
50KB, 650x320px
>be me
>24
>struggling to find ways to study effectively
>quiz tmr

I know that this may seem stupid or pointless but I am curious to see what you guys will have to say. Lately,
I feel very distracted and disoriented when it comes time to sit down and concentrate on my studies. I'll be always pushing off the time to do the work until last minute or even work on it somewhat but in a very hastily manner to where I didn't really grasp what I was doing. For instance, when I'm trying to read my books, I get lost and distracted in my mind almost within a few seconds of reading. I usually have to go back over reading things and sometimes making notes but this feels so fucking draining it sucks. I guess this is what it feels like to have average intelligence combined with ADD and LDs. Am I chasing the college dream, especially for someone like me?

What do /adv/
>>
You could try different study methods, like Pomodoro. Never had a problem with studying but when I I didn't felt like studying and needed to, I would watch tv and do homework during the commercial breaks. Even if the commercial is 2-5 minutes, it gets a lot if you spend the whole day/evening watching TV.

Set up a reward system. Let's say you read 10 pages in your book, then you can watch 10 minutes of youtube videos or play 10 minutes of gaming.

You seem to think and worry too much about other things that keeps you distracted so perhaps take a moment to clear that out before you start studying. Learn to let go. Maybe try yoga or meditation. But I definitely think you should try and get rid of what's bothering you before you commit to studying.
>>
>>18386681
Yeah, I get that but what if it's mostly my ADD controlling the situation here?

Meds don't really seem to help that much...
>>
>>18386681
Solid advice. Also try to change environments: go to the library and try to avoid studying in your bedroom (so that you don't associate it w/ stress).
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 282x179px
>>18386649
Best advice I can give you is this.
Let's say you have a chapter on photosynthesis.
Get a sheet and write down notes. Make sure they're concise and easy to read on the most important parts.
Once this is done practice some questions and get familiar which the way they're asked. Do it over and over and over till you know the answer instantly. That's how I study.
>>
File: 1488084278661.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1488084278661.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
>>18386649
>Am I chasing the college dream, especially for someone like me?

Probably not. I am diagnosed ADD and don't take my medication anymore because it turns me into a twitchy looking crack addict(I probably have dormant tourettes that is awakened by meds). Despite this I have a 3.6 as a 4th year in math.

I'm burnt out as fuck since my 3rd year and my studying sounds like yours. I wish I never came here but I'm in too deep now and just going to finish. You can do it though if you want.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.