[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Derealization/Depersonalization > wake up about 2 weeks ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: sink.jpg (29KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
sink.jpg
29KB, 306x306px
Derealization/Depersonalization

> wake up about 2 weeks ago and everything feels surreal
> Feel very disconnected from the world
> Memory is terrible
> Can't remember anything I've learned from my college classes
> feels like there are no real consequences
> No desire to do anything at all
> completely content to sit in one place all day
> all my interests are gone, no enjoyment even in videogames
> stopped going to the gym and I don't even care
> feels like everything before and in the future won't/didn't happen

What the fuck is going on?
Not even my ADD meds are helping with focus or memory.

How do I fix this? Finals are coming up and I can't remember shit
>>
Different people have different triggers. Yours could be stress, mine was my parents. I had depersonalization my whole life until I moved out.

I know how bad it sucks man. Get your hormones checked, some people say it can be caused by low test, make sure your diet is right. Force yourself to go to the gym. Live as healthy as possible, the rest should fall back into place
>>
>>18386135
I've always been stressed but this is just fuckin ridiculous. I legit can't tell how long has passed after leaving the bathroom and sitting down on the couch. I can't even fathom what I need to do tomorrow and I my memory is in the pits. My train of thought is all over the place too.

3 years of college fine and now this just pops up? I can't exactly use it as an excuse to get out of taking finals either. How did you deal with it in school?
>>
>>18386159
Try taking a ZMA supplement and fish oil. A UV lamp may help too. There are tons of homeopathic cures, different ones work for different people. Going outside in the woods has always been something that could bring me back.

Is this your first episode, or have you had previous?
>>
>>18386177
Thanks for the response, imma look into buying a UV lamp tomorrow

This is my first episode. I've never experienced anything like this before. I feel like I stepped into someone else's life
>>
>>18386058
>How do I fix this?
Do you have access to mental healthcare?
>>
>>18386058
I'd honestly go see a doctor if this is happening.

That said, how are your sleep patterns.
>>
>>18386532
Yeah but I've tried seeing a psychiatrist and they tried to push various issues on me like mommy issues. Sure I don't care for my mom but I don't see how that affects me in such an unusual way

>>18386552
I'm going tomorrow

My sleep patterns are fucked. I've been awake for 2 and a half days straight with only 2 hours of sleep. If I really force myself to sleep with pills or something I sleep for 12+ hours before I wake up. Not even my alarm on max wakes me up
>>
>>18386058
I had this happen months ago and it last for about 2 or 3 weeks. I was honestly afraid I'd never feel normal again and going to a doctor was difficult since it was tough to describe. Ultimately the cause was assumed to be extreme stress (hard time at work during that period) and I ended up on some medication.

It was honestly the worst feeling in the world. Nothing felt like it mattered, I didn't feel real in some strange way and my mind just wandered endlessly. Try to keep it together and absolutely see a doctor about it.
>>
>>18386792
Thanks for the response. I honestly feel like I'm going insane.

What kind of medicine did they prescribe you and did it help?
>>
>>18386797
Some kind of anti depressants I believe, it was to do with brain chemistry and of course the stress I had at the time caused some extreme changes. I say get on it as soon as you can since I felt like I was losing mind too. Oh and be careful of driving, the concentration issues were really bad for that.

In the meantime, try to be calm and maybe read a book. Somehow books really helped me hold it together until I saw the doctor.
>>
>>18386810
Thanks m8 I appreciate it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.