[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I get very anxious when I lose in games. Anxious and have anger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I get very anxious when I lose in games. Anxious and have anger issues, the other day I actually harmed myself when hitting my palm when I got angry over the game.

And I feel very bad because I spent $70 in the one pictured. Because I thought "oh gee, im sure itll be fun, ill just take it easy and improve slowly", but I'm just a rager and get very depressed over it

I feel like I need to invest time in the game to make it seem like I didnt waste the money

I should just quit competitive games altogether, right? I feel like i have no cure, i've been like this in varying degrees for 6 years or more
>>
I feel the same dude. I also hate how all my friends are always better than me and I feel like I hold them back
>>
If you're physically harming yourself because you occasionally lose in a game then you should take a break, clear your head and occupy yourself with something productive. After a week of not playing, come back to it and see how you react. I also used to play fighting games competitively (street fighter, mostly) and I would also get really annoyed at myself for losing or not completing a combo but I didn't harm myself over it. have you ever taken part in a tournament in person? it's a rush but soul crushing and embarrassing when you lose because everyone has their eyes on you and you just have to suck it up and move on
>>
>>18385667
you need to find meaning in your life

stop giving a fuck

you only learn by facing challenges, if you always win you don't get better... remember that
>>
>>18385682
same guy

you have to remember that it's just a game, even if you become invested in it. losing is part of learning and getting better, so keep that in mind
>>
>>18385667
It's foolish to expect that you are among the best players in a game.
Tekken, for example, has been going for many years and many people you play against have a lot of experience already.
You can't win them all.
>>
>>18385686
>>18385700
I know this, I'm not retarded. I just started playing 2 days ago and some people have been playing for a decade. To be honest I'm probably not that bad for been playing for 2 days, but I still feel so irrationally anxious and sad over it, I don't know how to control myself

>>18385682
I had a break of like 3 months without playing anything competitive, just some casual roguelikes from time to time, indulging in other hobbies, but I start playing and I'm again like this. Maybe I should take a break from Tekken anyway and just play again next week.

I know this is stupid af, but I feel like a kid that cant control his emotions (well, im that probably)
>>
>>18385724
Oh you just got into tekken? Yeah, if you're this new and losing then that is totally normal and you need to accept it. Tekken is one of the harder fighting games out there because the movement of the character is a lot different than in a 2D fighter. So, before you start learning block string and long combos, you need to master the movement of whatever character you're playing, which is something you don't have to spend a lot of time on in 2D fighters. And yeah, some people have been playing tekken since like 1995, or whenever it first came out, so they'll be kicking the shit out of you for a long time but you can learn from them. Watch Knee, he's a really good korean player
>>
its a fucking game. shit isn't real nigga just close your eyes. your bitchass probably won't be playing this game in a few months.
>>
>>18385667
imagine someone like you playing CS:GO. you wouldvtoss your fucking PC out the window XD
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.