[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't really enjoy many things but what I really like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: de-golden-gate-berlin.jpg (647KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
de-golden-gate-berlin.jpg
647KB, 1280x800px
I don't really enjoy many things but what I really like is music. I love just seeking new things everyday, finding new interprets and sounds that I haven't heard yet and I built up a pretty big collection over the years. I played drums in the past but never really got good at it, mainly because I wasn't disciplined enough for it. Always had a good ear for music and rhythm though. And in the last couple of months I've been playing with an idea of trying to learn how to dj.

I'm 21, is it too late to start? Where should I start? How much does it cost to buy some basic hardware (used, of course). I would just like to be playing a few nights at small clubs every now and then.
>>
I don't want to ask on /mu/, they are all faggots over there.
>>
>>18385149
21 is not too late to start

anything worth doing is difficult and requires dedication

theres about a million different ways of doing this, so consider if you want to be making your own stuff, mashing other peoples stuff, doing it live, or compsing music at home.

I personally recommend as a good starting point a kaossilator. I have the pro version and its awesome, but if you can record or sample from a regular one ~$150 you can a ton of awesome loops you can then edit and sample later.

Some expression pad that works with a DAW (digital audio workstation)) is also ag ood way to go.

if you don't want to spend money on software, look into Ubuntu Studio, it comes with tons of awesome free professional quality software
>>
>>18385681
Thanks man. The thing is I don't know literally anything about the know how, where should I start, where should I learn from?
>>
>>18385702
I purchased my kaoss pro just to make sounds.

I got stoned and made weird sounds.

now i have a ton of pads and a drum machine, recorder etc.

go 1 step at a time, it takes a long time to learn how to interface everything, but keep at it, its alot of fun.

Also, don't be afraid of learning MIDI, its super useful

go buy a kaossilator, and play with it.... if you really really enjoy it, go buy a something you can quickly sample with (like an MPC or something). you can use those two things to produce a ton of music.
once you are comfortable with both, you'll have a better idea of what equipment you want and where you want to go from there
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.