[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tl;dr: I cheated, confessed right after, I was forgiven, relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 88722-cheating-lg.png (663KB, 600x437px) Image search: [Google]
88722-cheating-lg.png
663KB, 600x437px
tl;dr: I cheated, confessed right after, I was forgiven, relationship is back on track but I still feel overwhelming sense of guilt. How to overcome it?

Long story:
Me and my girl are our first sexual partners. Were 26 and we've been together for almost 7 years now, we're engaged, planning wedding for next year.

Two month ago I was drinking with my friend, we've met girls we knew from back when we were students. Long story short, I've ended up in bed with one of the girls.
I regretted this terribly (honestly I've never thought it's going to affect me so much).
I decided I cannot lie to my girlfriend, since we were always honest with each other, so I confessed what I did. I told her that despite I want to fight for the relationship, I'll understand if she decides to leave. She asked me to move out (andI did), but after a week she called me and said that she wants to try again.

Things between us are good since then, actually our relationship works as if nothing happened... but the problem is I still feel guilty over what I did. I think of my infidelity every day and it keeps comming back to me every time I'm having a good time with my girlfriend. I've talked with her about it and she says that she sometimes thinks about it too, but not as much as me.

Question is, how can I handle the feeling of guilt? I know I'll have to live with it for the rest of my life, but ffs, I can't focus on anything else lately, every time I feel happiness my brain is like 'that's nice, but you're still worthless piece of trash'. Sometimes I think that the only way I could feel relief is to break up with my gf, but I love her, I've never wanted to be with anyone else.

Pieces of advice from older anons who's been in similar situation would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>18385114
It's called being a male hoe. It's at the early cycle so give it some time. After you run through a couple of bitches you should have the hang of it. Try recording some of these for me please ?
>>
>>18385114
If you were raised Catholic then go to confession. If you were raised some other way I don't know how they deal with guilt but do that.
>>
>>18385132
I was raised Catholic, but I've always thought going to confession was an artificial way to deal with guilt, like you're just tricking yourself that what you did doesn't matter anymore.
>>
>>18385154
It's been my experience that if you did it when you were little it will bring relief. I don't "believe" in it much myself but found that it did lessen my feelings of guilt.
>>
>>18385114
You either have a serious drinking problem or a serious impulse control problem or both, and you need to overcome this/these before your relationship can continue. You feel guilty because your relationship is back, but you haven't fixed the issues that caused you to choose to betray your girlfriend's trust and go outside your relationship for sex. People who do that tend to lack morals, Anon.
>>
>>18385179
Thanks, I'll consider that then
>>
>>18385114
And just to be clear, by taking you back she's an absolute fool.
>>
If she takes you back then she has made it clear that cheating is OK in your relationship. I hope you are okay with her seeing other men on the side.
>>
>>18385114
If you never wanted someone else, you wouldn't have cheated. Also, mark my words your relationship is not the same. You betrayed her trust and put the expectation of infidelity into it so it will never be as it was. Go to counseling, talk on a regular basis and try to figure out what caused this betrayal, because statistically speaking your odds of staying together have plummeted. Hope it was worth it, scumbag.
>>
>>18385181
I think I just wanted to see if I could be attractive to someone else than my girlfriend. Turned out that I could, but checking that out wasn't worth it at all.
The problems I used to have in my relationship seem insignificant and immature now...
>>
>>18385186
why?
>>
>>18385214
>wanted to be attractive to someone other than my gf

Why are you in this relationship in the first place?
>>
>>18385223
Because you're the type of shithead who cheats on a whim because you "wanted to see if you could be attractive to someone else than your girlfriend".
>>
>>18385114
she absolutely fucked someone else in the week when you were moved out, so don't feel guilty at all
>>
>>18385223
Because it's immoral, Anon. The most important person in your life thought you two were in a monogamous relationship. As it turns out, that's not true, but you never told her. It means you have bad character.
>>
>>18385224
This. By this comment we can assume he is unfulfilled in his current relationship, and was seeking validation from some stranger but found out that when you wish for things, you should be careful of actually getting it. Now he's pissing himself with guilt and trying to believe his relationship is the perfect thing because he almost lost it to some petty need to be validated instead of simply talking to his girlfriend. He's going to cheat again. No doubt.
>>
>>18385242
Wow, you're rather unforgiving

people make mistakes

however, if this happens again.... then she should move on
>>
>>18385214
thats stupid of course you can be attracted to someone else.

i want to bang most chicks I see and I love my gf.... When you are in a relationship your emotions don';t shut off, and its your actions that matter.
stop being a fucking idiot.
>>
>>18385132
lol You need to forgive yourself, not get forgiveness from some pedo in a box.
>>
>>18385258
>P-People m-m-make mistakes
Why is this always the go to line for dirtbag cheaters? He has already explicitly stated that he did what he did because he wanted to see if he was attractive to someone who wasn't his girlfriend. And cheating is the one "mistake" that you don't make if you want your relationship to live on.
>>
>>18385258
>people make mistakes
He didn't leave the milk out. He went outside his relationship for sex. You don't come back from that.
>>
>>18385268
>Why is this always the go to line for dirtbag cheaters
You forgot
>life is c-complicated!
And
>Not e-everything is b-b-black and w-white
>>
I'm not asking for moral judgement of my actions, or decisions made by my gf.
I learned my lesson and there's nothing I could do to turn back the time, I know that I never want to go through this shit again.

I just ask for a piece of advice from people who's been where I am right now to help me ease the burden and focus on actually doing something constructive rather than constantly feeling depressed.
>>
>>18385268
>>18385271

I disagree, and depends on the person, the history, the circumstances, and the motivations.

OP should know deep down why he did it, if he is actually sorry (and not just sorry he told her) and if he is going to do it again.

Clearly she loves him. he fucked up, and got a second chance. If he throws that away, he is 'a dirt bag cheater' as you put it and never deserves another chance with anyone.

You sound bitter, like you've been cheated on and never let it go
>>
>>18385114
There really should be a /cheater general/ to contain the shitposts. No Idea why people are still replying
>>
>>18385277
I didn't call him a dirtbag, you did. I said he has bad character.
>>
File: 1387821232558s.jpg (5KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1387821232558s.jpg
5KB, 250x187px
>>18385267
>>
>>18385275
End your relationship. Because as it's already been said in this thread, that burden isn't going anywhere. Even if you eventually start to feel like your guilt is going away, the lack of trust your wife is going to have for you will be a constant reminder of how you fucked up. Cheating kills relationships, and 9/10 there's no coming back from it.
>>
>>18385281
>dirtbag cheaters?
was in response to two posts,
sorry for confusion, you (second post) did not say that, and yeah I agree this is a major character flaw. OP needs to grow up and has been giving a second chance many guys don't get. USE IT WISELY OP
>>
>>18385191
Meh, if i cheated first then whatever we had is over metaphysically. So whatever she has won't be a huge blow cause I know it's for revenge.
>>
>>18385258
Seriously, and here I thought Reddit was up it's own moral ass.

You bleeding hearts take the cake.
>>
>>18385279
I really wish 4chan had a immoral advice board cause it seems like suicide to ask anything that's taboo to people and they get all in their emotions.

Dude cheated. Either stay with the bitch or go get new pussy.
>>
>>18385299
>It's an "anon learns that people don't like cheaters" episode
On reddit, they'd be telling him how to fix his relationship (which isn't going to happen). On here, everyone is telling him that his relationship is fucked (which is true). If you think this thread is anything new, you are retarded.
>>
>>18385299
You could ask this question on /b/ and you'd get the exact same results. 4chan isn't a "if you did something wrong everyone will like you" website. It's a "if you're a retard everyone's gonna tell you" website. It has nothing to do with being a "bleeding heart".
>>
File: 1493594238884.jpg (221KB, 1000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1493594238884.jpg
221KB, 1000x1334px
>>18385114
How do you even manage to pull a girl so easily as a 19 year old virgin that got into a 7 year relationship?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.