[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm too afraid to tell anyone that I'm afraid I might

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1677.jpg (79KB, 397x525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1677.jpg
79KB, 397x525px
I'm too afraid to tell anyone that I'm afraid I might actually kill myself soon I don't have intent but it seems to be creeping up on me. Telling someone is not really an option I can't get locked up in the hospital I have a job and kid and all that and it would just make everything worse..maybe..but I'm seriously scared that if the opportunity presented itself I would take it.
>>
>>18384433
Get life insurance first so your kid gets rich . Try getting killed by a cop so your family can sue too
>>
>>18384433

Suicidal thoughts are a symptom of other issues. I know a thing or two about clinical psychology, as i was going to do it but dropped it in uni.

I cant help you but i know enough to say they aren't going to lock you in a hospital. They do that to teens who actually attempted suicides.

If you went to a family doctor (not even a psychologist) hed probably check your blood to see if its a thyroid issue or a missing mineral or vitamin, all possibilities.

If it is he fixes it. If not hell refer you to a psychologist.

The psychologist will also not lock you up or force you to see him. You go on your own will. They may subject you to some tests and scans to see if something in your brain isnt firing, but mostly theyll ask you a lot of questions and try to categorize you.

Humans are kind of repetitive and typical. They can isolate and diagnose a specific illness just by getting to know you. Then its either medication, or ideally if they determine its environmental, theyll help you manage your feelings and teach you thinking strategies and mental exercises you can do at home that will help rewire and fix it.

One thing is for sure, 7/10 suicides are men between the age of 30 and 50 (even with kids) and it is for the exact reason of *they dont go for help when they need it*.

I had a co worker and good friend shoot himself in the head when no one knew anything was even wrong. Do not become him.

This is a legitimate medical issue
>>
>>18384443
There is one thing ill add while i hope you get this because i cant make this clear enough.

If youre suicidal and dont intend on committing suicide that is a huge flag for an underlying chemical medical issue. It could be a thyroid problem, or too much or too little of a specific hormone.

I swear if everyone must understand and accept one thing about psychology its this.

Suicidal thoughts are involuntary, and signals another problem. It doesnt mean you actually think you should die. It means something in your biochem is off!!
>>
>>18384443

Thank you for this.
>>
>>18384433
This is pretty great advice: >>18384443

I'd like to add this:
Don't be scared to talk if you have a close friend, or a close family member you can trust with this.

My husband talked to me about his suicidal thoughts more than once.
They were recurring for him since puberty, and they always affected his life in the ways you probably know.
Knowing what I was dealing with helped me giving him efficient help. I knew how to help him better because I knew what he was feeling. We went to a family doctor and after a first few checks and he moved to therapy and he's such a better men now.
He didn't get locked up, no one else other than me knows, and everything is fine for him now.

Don't be scared of asking for help and showing yourself vulnerable.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.