[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey adv, I'm gonna be honest and say in overweight. (pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hey adv, I'm gonna be honest and say in overweight. (pic related). what workouts/dietary plans work the best? looking to turn my life around
>>
I'm overweight. fuck I can't type sorry guys it's late
>>
>>18383624
Starting Strength + Cardio
Cut out sugar and processed grains
>>
>>18383631
what do you mean by strength? like anything in particular?
>>
>>18383637
It's the name of a lifting program
>>
>>18383624
Calculate your bmr(not a typo. Bmr not bmi) As in how many calories your body needs to keep functioning if you sat on a couch all day. Calorie count and meet that amount, or slightly less (too much less and youll enter starvation and your body stores fat)

Cut out refined sugar and eat your requirement of fruit, but not too much because then youre just eating too much sugar.

Your insulin levels will drop and *piece of knowledge missing* your body does some shit and starts burning fat for energy.

Strength train. Lean muscle burns more calories for just being on you. Itll raise your bmr, and youll lose weight faster.

Cardio is useless for weight loss.

Most of this information i got from an actual PhD kinesiologist with other bits filled in from diet study from peer reviewed journals.

Aka this isnt fitfag forum shit i got this from doctors.
>>
File: 1486216211563.png (127KB, 459x307px) Image search: [Google]
1486216211563.png
127KB, 459x307px
>>18383624
If you want to lose weight, 90% of it is in your diet, not exercise.

This doesn't mean you don't need to exercise, you clearly should, but almost all of your losses will be in having the correct caloric intake each day.

You should not be fasting or crash dieting, but instead have to enact lifestyle changes where you will eat healthier (and less), even after you finish your diet and get to your goal weight.

I would heavily suggest starting on calorie counting with an app (I used Myfitnesspal) and aim to lose about 0.5kg a week.

An easy way to cut your caloric intake is rarely eat fast food (never would be even better, but let's be realistic) and never to drink calories (no soft drinks, alcohol should be occasional, water/tea/coffee are friends)
>>
thanks guys :)
>>
burn more calories than you eat
thats it

you will be hungry. there's no getting around that. but the hunger just means it working. go to /fit/, read the sticky
>>
>>18383658
is sweet tea ok? or is that bad
>>
>>18383624
In order to lose weight, you're going to have to go into calorie deficit. That's the most important thing. No matter what route you decide to take, you're going to need to eat less than what you burn. A pound is worth about 3500 calories. If you cut 500 calories out of your daily intake, you could lose a pound per week. That being said, you still need to eat; remember that food is fuel, and you can't run without it. Remember that losing weight (and keeping it off) really keeping it off requires a change in lifestyle; otherwise you'll put pounds back on after ending a diet.

You could eat only Twinkies and still lose weight if you ate in deficit. But that wouldn't be enough for you nutritionally. Prioritize protein, fiber, and healthy fats in your foods. These keep you feeling full and sustained. When you go shopping, be sure to stock up on fruits and vegetables. No food is 'bad', but a lot of foods are nutritionally empty (i.e. contain calories, but won't contribute to your micronutrients). If you get 'junk' food, try to get individual packs. It's easy to overeat when something comes out of a large bag or container. Keep an eye on your sugar intake. If there is a food that you are especially prone to overeating, try not to keep it in the house.

Walk around whenever the opportunity presents itself. Strength and cardio (like anon mentioned) are good. When you work out, don't work with the goal of exhausting yourself to the point where you're collapsing. Your body needs to be conditioned to maintain that level of energy, and leaving the gym feeling awful may make you more inclined to never go back (because it would have been an awful experience). Consider joining a work out group, or seeing a trainer (if money isn't an issue).

Drink plenty of water. Get enough rest - lack of sleep can upset your appetite and make you want to eat more.

Consistency is key. Take it slow; never be too hard on yourself.

I hope this helps. Good luck, OP.
>>
>>18383674
Its bad. You can still drink it occasionally (say you had a light lunch) and keep within your calorie limit, but if you're trying to slim down it'll only hurt you. This isn't to say you have to eat bland shit for a year, but if you want to eat a big dinner, you should have a small lunch for instance so you don't overeat for the day.

You have to log everything in whatever calorie counting app you choose and aim to stay within the limit, if you happen to have a couple hundred calories left over, there's no real harm.
>>
>>18383674
Is it any higher than 5g of sugar? If it is, it's too much.
>>
>>18383680
> Also: Some people count calories, some people count macros (macronutrients). Some people do intermittent fasting, others think it's pointless. Take some time to figure out what works for you. Be sure to speak with your doctor to know how your overall health is/what your body can take.

Again, best of luck to you.
>>
>>18383624
Mix of diet and exercise.

it will take real lifestyle changes.
Cook at home, don't eat out, avoid refined sugar, do cardio, build muscle.
stick to it, will power will increase with time.
>>
>>18383688
Shit, didn't mean to make that into a quote. Hope that doesn't cause confusion.
>>
I've been thinking of cutting out junk foods like potato chips and such for things like peanuts, Veggie straws, and fruit. is this a good idea? OP btw
>>
>>18383704
Yep. Honestly just play around with calorie counting and put the food you normally eat in. You'll be able to gauge how calorie some of the shit you put in your body is. Peanuts (and nuts in general) are surprisingly fatty too.
>>
>>18383713
wow seriously? I would have never guessed man. not trying be sarcastic I promise
>>
>>18383704
Veggie straws are still junk food and peanuts are not good for losing weight
>>
>>18383704
Careful on fruit. I mentioned it earlier. Sugar causes insulin spike. No matter what kind. That causes fat gain. Yes fruits good for you, yes you can have it in moderation, too much and you will not burn fat. On the note of carbs, same deal. Youve got enzymes that convert carbs to sugar through a chemical process.

Sugar is energy so its not like its bad for you necessarily but our diets have too much.

Honestly man you want a munchy snack go get unsalted seeds. Fuckin bomb diggity.
>>
I have also been trying to drop weight (5'11" 170lbs, down to 157 as of yesterday) and I lost that weight entirely from changing my diet. My meals typically consist of a good amount of protein, a healthy amount of fruits and vegetables and a healthy amount of fat. I also portion my meals out so that I am not overeating. An example of a meal;
2 cups of spinach
1 can of tuna
1/4 cup of fat free salsa
4 cherry tomatoes
1/2 avocado
Boom. Healthy, filling and fairly low in calories. Between meals, I'll eat either an apple or a banana and I am drinking water constantly (which mean I have to piss all of the time but it also helps to keep you feeling full). Best of luck, brother. Just know that this is a lifestyle change and not just something to do until you lose enough weight and then going right back to eating like shit.
>>
Just stop fucking eating so much you fat piece of shit and stay away from meat, noodles, potatoes, etc.
Or just take a lot of chemichal drugs and develop mental health problems (you can do those in any order) those will stop you from eating just fine. I lost more than 10 kilos in 2 weeks.
>>
>>18383624
There's a board called /fit/ dedicated to stuff like that. Read the sticky there, lurk the /fat/ thread and the board in general for a while and get some knowledge on eating and training right
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.