[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I tell my sister that I don't want to be friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1484506431022.jpg (76KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484506431022.jpg
76KB, 768x1024px
How do I tell my sister that I don't want to be friends with her boyfriend without hurting them? He's a nice guy but we really have nothing in common. Hanging out with him and talking to him would be really forced for me. And they're both pushing for us to be friends. What do I say?
>>
>>18382503
why does she want you to be friends with her bf? That seems kinda weird.

Does she need your approval or something?
>>
>>18382513
>Does she need your approval or something?

As long as he's not beating her or cheating on her then I don't care.

I think it's mostly him who wants to be friends. He knows I like video games and probably assumed I play the flavor of the month Ubisoft or Bethesda games. He added me on PSN so I know the types of things he likes. He's excited about Destiny 2. And I mostly play niche Japanese games.
>>
>>18382547
Oh well, best not to say anything then. He'll eventually understand that you're just not compatible with him.
>>
>>18382551
Well they're being very persistent. I honestly don't think it will stop unless I say something. I'm pretty sure he's going to end up being my brother-in-law so I'd rather not have a family member hate me.
>>
>>18382565
If they're being too annoying to you then best just make it known politely first, say something like "hey bro I like you but [insert the activities or topic you are not interested in] is not really my cup of tea, so I'd prefer to do something else."

Out of curiousity, do you perhaps have few friends and not really hanging out outside with another people? I don't mean to push your button, but if they're acting persistent like that maybe they're trying to do the 'get you out from your shell' thing or something like that.
>>
>>18382565
I mean, how much of your time is he really asking for, and how obnoxious is he? Just be friendly. It's awkward that they're forcing it like this, but it's obviously important to him and your sister that he feels "welcomed" by her family, or something.

I guarantee you'll probably just hang out 2 or 3 times and then it'll be normal. I think you should just go along with it for now
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.