[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In your opinion is accepting being average giving up? Or is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: average.jpg (15KB, 259x148px) Image search: [Google]
average.jpg
15KB, 259x148px
In your opinion is accepting being average giving up? Or is it being realistic?

Are you one of those people who listen to motivational speakers and movies telling you to be better than everyone and rise above? Or are you happy with being average.
>>
I'm below average famalam
>>
>>18382416
probably not, there's a huge rise of depressed NEETS in the millennial generation.
>>
>>18382391
If you can be financially self-sufficient and reasonably happy, you're doing great. Not everyone has to be a movie star or a billionaire.
>>
>>18382391
4chan is not even close to average. Average is a dream.

>>18382417
Ehhh, it's more losers have gotten louder and the safe space of geekery is long gone. The pretty people have taken over it.

I'm positive that's why /pol/ and /pol/-esque opinions have become so popular among the losers, it's literally the last place left where normies still won't enter. I hate /pol/ and I'm sure most /pol/-tards don't actually like /pol/ but when you have nothing left...
>>
>>18382439
I just don't get how /pol/ could adopt, skew and bastardize the most normie, respectable culture possible, conservative culture.

Not saying /pol/tards are anywhere near conservatives.
>>
>>18382391
I just thinking that there's always someone who has it worse or better than me, so no point in dwelling on that. I accept and happy with myself then move on doing what I want.

I hate motivational speakers since most of times they're just selling empty words without backing it up in action.
>>
I had an issue where even when others thought I was average I still felt inadequate. Now I'm just shit all around.
>>
>>18382439
People have flocked to /pol/ because the standard binary of American politics doesn't do anything for anyone anymore, which isn't really dissimilar to why the Rust Belt voted Trump and will likely continue to vote for things they view as political outliers.

The stormfront shit and most nerds being white is just a by-product.
>>
>>18382391
Wanted to be something
Realized I'm a no talent retard
Now I just want to be comfy and die peacefully.
>>
File: pol.jpg (292KB, 953x772px) Image search: [Google]
pol.jpg
292KB, 953x772px
>>18382391
If you're unhappy being average then it's giving up. If you can look in the mirror and smile at what's looking back you're pretty much doing fine whatever your circumstances are.

>>18382439
/pol/ isn't even close to the boogeyman people believe it to be but you're close to the mark in terms of people at least believing it to be that boogeyman making it popular. It's like old /b/, people thought we made vans explode and that the dangerous cyber-terrorist known as Anonymous used it as his HQ, but it was just people doing dumb shit for giggles. It's just outcasts finding unity in absurdity, which is what the entire site used to be.
>>
It's okay to be average, it's not okay to be below average.
>>
Being average is okay as long as you're doing what you want to do. The paradox is only a select few actually do this and in turn rise above the pleebs
>>
>>18382391
People who are above average change the world and actually spend little time worrying about such a trivial label.
>>
>>18382817
>It's just outcasts finding unity in absurdity,

I guess so but I'm sure geek/nerd shit becoming mainstream has funnelled losers into /pol/, and I don't mean in the anti-sjw sense, I mean in the 'they're no longer experts in their own' niche sense. Used to take a long time slowly gathering up trivia about vidya/comics/anime, but now everyone's got the internet and wikipedia.
>>
I don't factor other people in when judging myself. As long as I know I'm doing the best I can, I consider myself fan-fucking-tastic. Giving other people the power to "validate" you just makes you a weaker person, but be humble enough to learn from others and acknowledge their strengths as well.
>>
I am average or below average in looks but my mind is superior
>>
>>18382391
What happened to the average/below-average people? I feel like they've forced them indoors.
>>
I'm a below average depressed neet, gave up on life a long time ago. It's realistic for me to not bother, I don't care about life, all the stupid social/power games disgust me, I just don't care about this place.

Not happy, but i'm numb so what does it matter?
>>
File: 1425350277971.jpg (125KB, 924x572px) Image search: [Google]
1425350277971.jpg
125KB, 924x572px
>>18384196
Beauty has a lot to fo with stuff like diet, hygiene and habits, so in first world countries where you have access to good food as well as information on what's good for you, it's getting harder to be ugly. You'd have to be really lazy or just naturally in the 1% of horrible genetics to achieve it
>>
>>18382817
/pol/ exists because the world is going fucking insane and every place that isn't /pol/ just tells you to ignore it.
>>
>>18382391
Not really.
I am happy being average. I am average in many ways, below average in some, over average in others. I don't think I am objectively outstanding in anything, much less as a person in general.
But I do think I can make the difference for some. I do think that I can bring happiness and make people's life a bit better just by doing my very best and being myself.
So I'm content with it.
>>
>>18384359
What's insanity in first place anyway? Even then, what could we have possibly done anyway?
>>
>>18384274
Wow I couldn't disagree with that pic even more. I know way too many people who think they're better than everyone because they look good, and that makes them kind of shitty imo
>>
>>18382391
I accept being average in some areas because I have no choice. I don't care as much about being above average in certain things. The things I want to excel at, I do my best to excel at.

To expound, I'm below average height as a man. This I cannot change. My face is arguably above average in handsomeness but I don't have control over that besides keeping my hair cut nice, so I don't really think much of that. I don't make above average money, but that was never my goal. I do my best to be above "average" at work because that's just how my work ethic is. I do photography on the side as a fun hobby, and I try my best to make great work there, or "above average", as you might say. I don't have dreams of being a big famous photographer and I'm not worried how average, or above or below average, my "following" is online.
>>
>>18384274
I'm more than sure they've shipped off all the ugly/poor people outside of major citys. I've lived in a rough part of London for over 20 years and all the ugly, disabled, rough-looking people have moved away.

Obviously they haven't directly moved people cos they're ugly but I'm sure there's a correlation between uglyness and poverty.
>>
>>18385075
Yes, poor people can't afford gym memberships and healthy diets. When you're poor you often end up eating fast food, which is really bad for your body
>>
>>18385276
I never understood why people think this.
It is MUCH less expensive to eat clean than to eat fast food and shit like that.
>>
>>18385284
I can confirm this right now.
I am poor as fuck, I can't afford to go to the gym... but outside is free.

ALso, poor as fuck means I am no longer eating out, eating at bars, ordering pizza etc. I cook at home always, and it saves alot of money and is wwaaaaay healthier

I can make a healthy lunch that is also good for less than $5, while a fast food combo meal is more like $8-9
>>
>>18385295
Do you only cook for yourself? Doesn't that end up quite troublesome? Also, time-wise if you're also working how do you find the time to cook? Or you're poor cause you don't have a job
>>
>>18385295
I live with 120€/month for food usually. 3 meals a day plus snacks.
>>
>>18385284
>I never understood why people think this.
>It is MUCH less expensive to eat clean than to eat fast food and shit like that.

Cos it's a fucking hassle, you come from your wageslave job that you're always on the edge of losing and you wanna eat something that gives you a little bit of joy, doesn't cost a lot or take a lot of time to prepare.

Course this degrades your health and in turn your motivation.
>>
bumop.
>>
If you don't know what your purpose is, explore until you find it. If you're too burnt up to pursue your purpose, do drugs.
>>
>>18382439
I agree, seeing the very people who bullied me in school for being into vidya and anime post about how they're massive nerds drives me up the wall, unfortunately the general public starting to drink from the fountain of autism to the point that being a shitlord political poster is the only thing you can do to differentiate yourself from them.
>>
File: 1489997849684.jpg (56KB, 499x288px) Image search: [Google]
1489997849684.jpg
56KB, 499x288px
>>18382391

>In your opinion is accepting being average giving up?

Its my opinion that if residing yourself to be average were an acceptable human mentality then we would live in a much sadder world with much less invention and innovation.

If you want to sit around and mope about your shortcomings instead of work hard to develop your strengths thats fine, just don't expect anyone to feel sorry for you and don't expect anyone to validate your shitty mentality by calling it "realistic". It isn't realistic, its just boring and defeatist. If you spent as much energy into improving yourself as you did into convincing yourself that have no choice but to be a defeatist sad sack your life might be a lot better off.

I dunno man, all I know is that the world doesn't have time for people like you. Live the way you want to live, I fully support that, just don't complain when life passes you by and ignores you. You chose it.
>>
>>18385753
Basically. (I mean, there's something to be said about ugly duckling situations. And when you have just enough geeks to form an actual social circle so you turn out normal but I'm digressing)

I don't think anyone knew how popular geek shit was going to be. And you can't exactly call people out on being "fake" geeks since the advent of wikipedia, youtube and the internet in general becoming more user-friendly, everybody can get up to date almost immediately. Remember when anime used to come with like 2 episodes per vhs tape?

I have no idea what's going to be the outcome of this. These people don't even have faith to turn to. There's some african proverb that goes something like

>if you do not initiate your young men into the tribe, they will come back and burn down the village just to feel the heat.

Sounds a lot like /pol/ being needlessly antagonistic just to provoke a reaction.
>>
>>18382391
I've never understood this concept. It can be argued that we are all the same since biological all humans are 99.9% the same. But the opposite can be said since every person grows up completely different and had different thoughts and feelings than everyone else. How the fuck can there even be an average when the we all the same and all different at the same time? It makes no god damn sense.
>>
>>18386215
You're thinking too deep.
>>
>>18382391
As long as I can keep my bills paid and stay relatively happy I don't need some extravagant lifestyle or some legacy to leave behind. Right now I just want to do my thing and enjoy my life. If someone thinks that's wrong or bad because I'm "average" they can go fuck their self
>>
Bunp
>>
>>18387404
We aren't average.
>>
>18385988
I like this proverb
>>
>>18382817
Keked hard at that pic. Thanks.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.