[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that i can rarely find excitement in my life without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1493312800014.jpg (60KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493312800014.jpg
60KB, 540x720px
Why is it that i can rarely find excitement in my life without getting high. Everything seems so mundane and boring to me that it doesnt seem interesting at all ive been clean for weeks now and i just wish i had something that gave me that euphoric feelong drugs did. Ive tried many things but theyre more fun to do high. How do i become happier without drugs rather than just pretending that im happier. The only thing ive found close is buying things but its very temporary.
>>
Depression
>>
You should read A Million Little Pieces
>>
>>18381593
How do i deal with it i try to be optimistic and do cool things but they just dont intersest me most of my time is spent working or going NA
>>
>>18381593
Sadly this
>>
>>18381582
Your neurology is not wired to be euphoric a lot.

It is wired to feel feel that way over certain accomplishments, new love, or extreme accomplishment.

It is wired to feel sustained and content or neutral. Negative feelings serve their purpose at times. Not always though, emotions in general are irrational.

Drugs feel good because they game your system and cause you to over produce certain chemicals. It is not good for you at all and will actually lower your overall quality of life.

In terms of clinical psychology, mania (marked frequent or constant euphoric feelings) is also considered a disorder, for the very reason its not necessarily a good thing. (you may have heard of manic depressive) because you cannot healthily sustain that kind of feeling and a big fall usually follows when the systems burn out.

Tl;dr

Shouldnt have done drugs man. It fucked your world view. All you can do is work towards normalizing yourself and feeling so-so with feelings of contentment when you accomplish things or if youre lucky maintaining a content "everything is cool feeling", or in your case, extreme sports or activities and hobbies that give you a rush that you can do regularly.

You arent supposed to feel good all the time. Those feelings are evolved into you to make you work towards things and maintain your survival by giving you a shot of happy when you actually do something good.
>>
>>18381582
I dunno, been cold turkey on weed for about a few weeks now and I feel fine and I was a hardcore stoner before. I'm using the boredom as motivation.
>>
>>18381582
You turned into a pothead . Try getting sober and detox a little
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.