[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you find motivation /adv/? Context: >be me >19

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
How do you find motivation /adv/?

Context:
>be me
>19
>about to drop out of my 1st year at a CS uni
>parents mad af
>gonna have to take the exam all over again this summer
>parents constantly complaining bout my lack of dreams, goals and ambition
>TFW lowkey they are right
>can't find anything to strive for
>just waiting for all of it to end since I can't bring it all to end myself

Have you ever had periods like this? Will I outgrow it or do I just remain an unmotivated fuck forever, /adv/?
>>
You're too comfortable. Once you realize how shitty not having a good job is you'll be motivated.

I'm 27,I have 3 part time jobs so I can have a flexible enough schedule to go to school full time while supporting, myself and paying tuition.

Get it done early so it's not a scramble before 30
>>
>>18380408
this desu.
Give you self a challenge, go to a gym or set some goals somewhere. It's cliche but you really seriously should consider it.
>>
>>18380390
Read Meditations by emperor Marcus Aurelius if you want to find a purpose in life.
http://classics.mit.edu/Antoninus/meditations.html
>>
>>18380408
this. Once your parents stop paying your bills, you'll have motivation.
>>
I only consider it a failure if someone stops trying.
Want to start a new hobby but don't have the "motivation"? Failure.
Want to start a new hobby so give it a shot, only to find you hate it? Learning experience.
Want to start a new hobby and find you love it? Success.
Life in itself is meaningless unless you choose to give it meaning.
>>
>>18380390
There are two reasons for doing anything.

1. It's fun (defined however you wish)
2. It's what you have to do now to have fun later.

Thinking about school, first job, etc as #2 might help. You don't have to love what you're doing if you see it as part of the process of getting you to where you want to be.
>>
File: 1491527180207.jpg (175KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1491527180207.jpg
175KB, 704x396px
>>18380390
Look bro just think about it is it worth it thinking that way?you are wasting your time over some shit that will take your time away from you.
Ask yourself what do you want to do?are you tired? take a short break but remember your goal and strive to achieve it.
If you dont like that than fuck it.
Do what YOU want and take responsibility for your own actions.
Draw the line with your parents. Let them know its your life.
Want money? Then work.
Yes it is hard to "live" but at least you are living with your rules and your own hands.
Also learning and experience will make you powerful in this shitty world.
Just dont go hollow.
There is always a path you just have to search for it.
>>
>>18380390
I like a nice roof over my head . I hate waiting on the bus so have a car . Clean clothes. I also when hoes call me asking for money because their 9-5 doesn't leave them any money left. These are some of my motivation
>>
>>18380408
Very much this. I'm 26 and after bullshitting in CC since 19 I'm finally getting it together cause I want better pay
>>
>>18380390
This is depression. I grew out of it, but I know people who haven't. If you tend to be the type who will let themselves miss out on events and stuff, but would still have a lot of fun if they went, you may be able to power through. If you can't find joy in anything you most likely need anti-depressants. Talk to a doctor in either case. Tell your parents that you've got a weird kink in your neck or something that hasn't gone away for a couple of days, go see a doctor, and tell him you feel depressed. Call for help.
Personally I hit a point where I realized that I could cope with my life. How it is right now, is fine, and if every day was like this I would get by.
>>
sheer fucking will to not have a shit life and be able to give my future children a better future than what I was given.
>>
First year of CS is fucking hard, especially in a good program. I was at UIUC in the early 2000s, not even a CS major, but took some of the first year courses. Turns out I took like three well-known washout courses in two consecutive semesters, and that it's what first years tend to take.

I got my minor though. The classes after those washout ones were pretty easy.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.