[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it weird not to use social network ? I only use the Facebook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1496355452682.jpg (42KB, 380x509px) Image search: [Google]
1496355452682.jpg
42KB, 380x509px
Is it weird not to use social network ?

I only use the Facebook messaging app, nothing else, no profile, no Snapchat, no Instagram. I just don't find any reasons to use them.

I used to have Snapchat but I kept receiving snaps from people so I deleted it.

Instagram, I never used it.

Facebook profile, I just don't post anything, so i deactivated it.

I'm socially doing fine, I hang out and shit, I talk to girls in bars/clubs... in my daily life I don't talk much you could say, mostly if I have nothing to say.
>>
I haven't had any social media or messaging apps since I was 13. I'm 18 now and the only downsides from it have been
>often not invited to things unless I get specifically into contact with those people over the phone

>girls have asked for my Facebook and look fucking puzzled when I say I don't have one
This has cock blocked me once in the past
>>
>>18380337
Would you use them now because of this ?
>>
>>18380342
Nope. I'll never get any real form of social media.
I have discord and that's as far as I'll go desu

If my friends wanna talk, they have my number
>>
I did this for years, and all it did was further socially isolate myself. You might think it's cool to not have to rely on social media (I used to be the same way), but it may appear strange to your friends. I'd at least set up a safe facebook account just to add people you meet and talk on messenger, you don't have to check your feed at all.

>>18380337
>often not invited to things unless I get specifically into contact with those people over the phone

This also happened pretty frequently
>>
>>18380326

its unusual, but not weird. you meet people all the time who don't use social networking. its just not the norm.

its like watching a show from the 60s. its unusual, not weird.
>>
>>18380982
I use messenger, you can use it with your Facebook account deactivated.
>>
>>18380326
For this time and age it's weird. I used to did it myself since I dislikes drama and attentionwhoring that came with it but all it does just isolated me from lots of things. Anything that isolate your connection to others is not a potentially good thing to do in long run.
While social media not my cup of tea I now activated my social networks again to open the connection to lots of people and things out there.
>>
>>18381026
I haven't felt isolated so far. I think I'm not ready to use social media again. I got used to using only messenger. And Instagram and Snapchat have never been really useful when it comes to social interactions.
>>
>>18381041
I think social media nowadays is more than just a tool to meassage each other like messenger does.
It could help you connect with people's unspoken interest and things. I used to feel the same as you until I got back activating all of social networks again 3 months ago.
>>
>>18381060
How do you connect with new people on social media ?
>>
I don't have any social media either. Call it weird, idc. Tired of the stupid shit, drama, and have no interest in what everyone is doing, when they eat, shit and fuck. Likewise, I'm not interested in telling everyone the same thing. It's not that interesting. They can text me if they want or call.
>>
>>18381064
Lots of people actually open to connect with new people and social media just make it easier. PM, DM, chat them on facebook, instagram, etc. Pick the one that interests you after you're looking through their profiles. You also build your profile so it could spoke volume about you and enable others to try and open up to you after they've through your profile.
While attentionwhoring and dramas are annoying, there's nothing wrong with some healthy self-promotion in social media.
>>
>>18380326

I like that you're off the grid. That's pretty cool, anon
>>
I deleted Facebook 5 years ago when I entered a relationship. And I saw the effects it had on social isolation which lead to me becoming unhappy and ultimately our relationship ended.

I've rejoined but made a habit of not sitting on it all day and using it as a crutch. Instead treat it as a tool to brag to your friends about your social accolades or other life accomplishments. It's a good thing if used in moderation.
>>
Didn't do any social media until I found myself missing out on details/plans etc with friends and school stuff.

Joined facebook and it's been horrible.
I hate seeing stupidity from people I know day in, day out sharing shitty articles.

Early a guy was complaining about the BBC not playing the silly Liar Liar song on the radio and saying nothing is preventing them from doing so.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.