[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, today me and my friend got in to an argument after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6418.jpg (100KB, 748x305px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6418.jpg
100KB, 748x305px
Hey /adv/, today me and my friend got in to an argument after work. my friend is dating a 16 year old (who in her state isnt the age of consent) whereas he just turned 18 and is legal in his state, and so is she. they've been hitting it off online and i told him it was illegal. he said it wasnt, as they were just texting. /adv/, is my friend grooming someone or is this somehow fucking legal because i'm questioning the fuck out of it. Thanks!
>>
>>18379550
2 years isn't a huge difference, in my opinion. That being said, at 16 I was very naive and got taken advantage of and manipulated multiple times just because I wanted the attention/wanted to be loved.
As long as they are communicating well about what they want, what they're comfortable with, etc. I don't think it's a huge problem tho.
>>
Well as long as it's just through text it's probably ok as long as no nudes are exchanged although if she visits him in his state it would be ok. A two year age difference may not be illegal in her state either because it's so close in age. In my state I think within 4 or 5 years it's ok. I don't think he'd get in legal trouble even if there are nudes because the age difference is so little.
>>
Just let them, if they end up in prision somehow just tell them "lol I told you"
>>
>>18379559
>>18379560
Isn't there actual laws preventing this though? Or do they not apply when they live in different areas? It's still grroming surely? Idk if they've done anything sexual though.
>>
>>18379571
grooming is what i meant
>>
>>18379550
You're focusing on legality rather than intent. Why?
>>
>>18379638
Because my friend thinks it's legal. They both come in hand do they not?
>>
>>18379681
I mean if they were talking before he was 18 it's perfectly legal (in my state at least) . Otherwise as long as he doesn't have bad intentions it should be fine.
>>
>>18379681
Not really. There was a case where a pair of 17-year-olds were dating in a state where 18 was considered legal age. Her parents hated him, and his birthday was a few months before hers. They were fucking like rabbits, and no-one considered anything illegal happening, then he turned 18, at which point her parents called the police and he had to register as a predatory sex offender since the state didn't have any close-age-gap clause in the law. Would you say he is one?

Point being something being illegal and something being wrong aren't strictly the same thing. If you're asking purely about legality than it's impossible for us to say without knowing the exact states involved (which I imagine you're withholding purposely), so it may be or may not be depending on that factor.
>>
>>18379550
go harass a real pedo instead
seniors are always dating freshmen
your friend is fine
>>
>>18379550
So she isn't breaking the law so maybe her state can't prosecute the 18 yo? I dunno they need a shria court tbf
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.