[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In school for programming >Last semester of second year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

>In school for programming
>Last semester of second year
>College is making me fucking miserable
>No drive to go to class/do my homework
>Barely passed my last semester because of this
>Marks this semester are starting to get concerning

I keep making the same mistakes with my time over and over again. It has me wondering if maybe I picked a field I simply don't enjoy. It worries me, because I've already invested this much time and money into it, and at the same time I thought I wanted this since I was 12. Without this, I have nothing, no other ideas as to what I want to do with my life, not much in the way of hobbies, and I'm worried if I don't follow through with this I'll spend my life working some shitty factory job just.... existing, making nothing of myself. But at the same time, whose to say the issue isn't I'm just lazy? Maybe this would be an issue no matter what I was in school for because I'm just too much of an unmotivated useless fuck to do anything productive.

Anyways, I can't handle feeling like this anymore, and I'm not sure what I should do about any of this.
>>
i told myself i wanted to be a computer programmer since 1997. a bachelors degree later and i realize i fucking hate this gay shit. i would rather wipe my ass with sandpaper than write a faggot hello world.

think back on times you enjoyed yourself and make a career out of that. read "What Color is Your Parachute" and change majors now whole you are young, you wont regret it.
>>
>>18379000
I honestly can't think of a time I've felt true passion towards something
>>
>>18379015
than i suggest you read the latest edition of "What Color is Your Parachute." the flower exorcise makes you write down facts about yourself which help determine what you honestly think about yourself.

if you cant make yourself start and finish a project, programming isnt for you. no matter how good you are at it. find something that gives your life meaning.
>>
>>18378683
You're already in the 2nd year. If you can, push through

If not, drop out and take a break for a couple of months and figure things out. Or just drop out of college totally and go into the trades or the military
>>
>>18378683
Board is over 18s
>>
>>18379107
Kek the military would eat me alive

>>18380069
I'm in college anon
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.