[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>been working in a hospital for a year >use heavy duty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (55KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 480x542px
>been working in a hospital for a year
>use heavy duty sanitizer almost daily cleaning sheets and furniture etc
>read side of can
>" this product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer"
>I've been breathing this shit in almost every day for a year
How potentially fucked am I? I've always made a conscious effort not to inhale it anyway but there have been times where I sprayed it in the air and walked into it unintentionally. I've stopped using it, but I know some of it has gotten in my nose and mouth before, and I've made plans to see a doctor because I'm terrified.
>>
You aren't fucked, California is a bunch of pussies and they think everything will give you cancer, that warning is literally on every fucking thing imaginable it's not to be taken seriously
>>
>>18377897

pretty much this. its ltierally a plaque on my apartment. i went to ben and jerries, they had a plaque saying that mother fucking ice cream can cause cancer. it really is everywhere.
>>
With cancer, it's a crapshoot.

Like, imagine normally you have 40% you get cancer at some point in your life.

You might have increased that to 48%, with most of that extra risk increasing your PRESENT DAY chances. Since you're young, you will probably recover and after a few years that 48% will decrease again. Like with smoking, smokers have a higher chance, ex-smokers too, but if you survive the first 10 years after quitting your chances of lung cancer, while still present, will drop.

At least that's how I understand it. I'm not a doctor, just have friends with cancer.
>>
>>18377897
>>18377902
Boo hoo, a government warns its citizens if something is unhealthy. What a nanny state!

Go buy some bleach and figure out if it's drinkable, idiots. Don't read the label, that's for pussies.
>>
Look up the sanitizer you use online and see if there is anything dangerous written about it. Do your own research and determine for yourself if it's bad for you.
>>
Its about long term exposure and may have also been for the plastic bottle it was contained in.
>>
There's loads of shit more dangerous in a hospital than some desinfectant.

Just use gloves and a surgical mask you pussy.
>>
>>18377892
california has those warnings on bottles of water.
>>
>>18377892
>>" this product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer"
it's nearly impossible to find something that doesn't state that

bags of woodchips have that
>>
I had a pic my wife sent me of a label of ground ginger (we both worked in a bakery) that said the same thing. Only thing we used it for was (surprise) ginger cookies. It's no longer on my phone but it was kinda funny. The label we use to put on a package of those cookies didn't say it I guess because I don't live in CA. From what I remember reading after this funny discovery it was because of lead levels found in ginger from china and/or mexico but most ground ginger you buy is safe and doesn't have enough lead in it to be harmful. It's not going to kill you but they're kinda giving you a heads up.

Funny thing too, did you know flour, oats, and other stuff is allowed to have crap in it?

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2015/06/09/maggots-rat-hair-mouse-poop-and-more-gross-things-fda-allows-in-food.html

Sorry for a Fox link but hey look into it. It's kinda sad what we (in the US I should say) actually eat and think nothing of it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.