[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I go to meet women? Somewhere where it would be okay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: blueruin.jpg (168KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
blueruin.jpg
168KB, 1920x1080px
Where can I go to meet women? Somewhere where it would be okay to approach someone and talk to them, and gain experience asking girls out without coming across as a creep.

I've been trying to come out of my comfort zone a little bit this year, to better myself as a person. I've been eating better and exorcising for the last few months, and I'm less of an overweight piece of shit now. I think it's time to start at least trying to improve my social life a little bit.

I've tried online dating, and it's just not for me. I don't like the game, and how impersonal and robotic it feels. I've found it very hard to connect to any of the few girls I've messaged on OkCupid/Tindr using only text chat, and I fizzled out of the conversations before they went anywhere. I've heard that a lot of people recommend just jumping right in and asking girls out on dates immediately on this service, but that isn't me. I need to get to know someone at least a little bit before deciding if I want to make a move.

However, at the moment it feels like it's my only option as a shut-in virgin loser with severe social anxiety issues who can count the number of friends he has on one hand. Especially when you factor in that I can't afford a car AND rent at the moment, and I chose to have a good roof over my head even if it's restricted me to relying on a bike+public transportation to get around. Brings my self confidence down, as I feel like even if I met a nice girl I wouldn't even be able pick her up for a date.

It doesn't help that I don't have a single hobby or interest that requires me to get out of the house and interact with people either. I also don't like bar/club scenes. Can't stand them, I've never had a good experience at one.

What should I do, other than the obvious "get a car, go out to bars/clubs kind of things" that work for normalfags? I'm not too picky, looks arn't that important to me, I just want a nice girl that I enjoy being around/talking with and isn't some vapid Stacy.
>>
Okay now bro I need you to meet me halfway on this and really open yourself up to what I'm saying. You're going to feel an urge to dismiss it, but please please please reflect on what I'm saying:

You need substance. Right now you're still that reserved little kid from Highschool, too scared to step out of his comfort zone. Your anxiety is not you, push against it and yes it's not going to be a great experience but it will harden you up for the moments that matter.

What are your hobbies mate?
>>
>>18376795
My advice for meeting people is always: do volunteer work.
Do you have any political opinions? Volunteer to do some work for a local candidate you like. Are there any non-profit orgs in your city you think are doing good work? Call them and ask how you can get involved.

Volunteer work is great for meeting new people because 1) It puts you directly in contact with folks; 2) you know you have something in common with them, because you're all choosing to spend your time & energy in the same place; 3) awkward silences are usually not a problem because everyone there has a job to do; 4) people volunteering are generally in a good mood, and thus more chatty, because volunteering actually feels GOOD; 5) even if you don't end up meeting someone, you'll still have spent your time doing something worthwhile, and you may discover that you enjoy it and want to continue.
>>
>>18376894

>You need substance. Right now you're still that reserved little kid from Highschool, too scared to step out of his comfort zone

I agree. Hense why I've been actively trying to make an effort to better myself, both physically and mentally. Baby steps, but I've made progress. It's what lead me to opening up and trying online dating, which landed me here.

I appreciate the blunt honesty.

As for hobbies, I dabble in video editing, creative writing, and graphic design on the side when I'm not actively doing stuff for my day job in a similar field. I'm also into animation (not anime, I'm not a weeaboo. More into European features and short films.), and occasionally collaborate with one of my few friends on video game design related project for fun. I'm not the kind of person that generally spends all day playing video games though, not since highschool anyway.

I've considered looking into things like creative writing classes or local groups related to my interests, but unfortunately my area is apparently pretty unpopular for that. Meetup.com for my hometown literally has five results, unfortunately.

>>18376928

Thanks for the advice.

I generally try to stay out of any political stuff, because quite frankly both sides of the political spectrum kind of disgust me at this point. Still, I'll keep doing some volunteer work in mind as a potential avenue in the future.
>>
>>18376961
Community college is great place to go, or just classes for things in general. Your hobbies sound interesting although I get the impression that you're not pushing yourself enough with them or have spread yourself too thin. Part of having substance is having eloquent thoughts, which requires deeper focus on what you're doing.

Unfortunately you'll be doing a lot of this with no motivation, and yeah a girlfriend would help with that, but right now you got to dig out of that hole of yours. Which you've fortunately started doing.
>>
>>18376977

I tried college a few years ago and it didn't work out. Had a little mini breakdown and burnt out about a year in, decided to do my own thing. I ended up getting a decent enough gig doing some graphic design work for a freelance company though, so things sort of worked out. It was enough for me to move out of my parent's house and get my own place.

Admittedly though, I'm self aware that I'm extremely under-ambitious. I've sort have been at a standstill for the last few years, both in terms of my career path and life goals, which is what motivated me to try and better myself in the first place.

Still, I don't think I'm quite ready to go back school just yet. Especially now that I'll be more than half a decade older than most of my peers.

As far as my hobbies go, you're correct that I'm not pushing them as hard as I could be. I rarely show any of my work to anyone outside of tiny circle of friends. My goal has never really been to make a career out of/get famous/whatever with any of that stuff though, most of the stuff I do has simply for my own amusement.
>>
>>18376961
>I generally try to stay out of any political stuff

Doesn't have to be political though. You could deliver food for Meals on Wheels or participate in a fundraiser for a local youth centre. There's tons and tons of work that need to be done out there.
>>
>>18377029
Well I've got work now so I'll have to leave it at this:

Maybe you just don't get people around you. There's something of naively when it comes to people, which we all have at some point in time. I say just keep putting yourself out there, building up your experience, really pay attention to those around you. I can't give you a timeframe for when it will pay off, but it's better than living in a dark corner the rest of your life, plus it will inspire your creative side a lot more.
>>
>>18377039

Oh, yeah.

Sorry if my post wasn't clear, I was just addressing the local candidate part of your reply. If I end up doing any volunteer work, it will end up being charity stuff for sure.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.