[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell do recruiters know over the phone that I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

How the hell do recruiters know over the phone that I'm an introvert?
>>
>sir, are you still on the phone?
>>
>>18376735
I listened when she was speaking and answered her questions when she asked them.

They also gave me a personality test to take prior to a phone interview. I've been getting in person interviews after the phone interview.

These are accounting and data analyst jobs, so I don't think I need to be too outgoing.

I'm just curious how people can tell Im an introvert over the phone.
>>
>>18376729

>you only answer questions, don't ask them
>one word responses, usually yes/no
>you don't volunteer relevant information, the conversation partner must ask more questions
>you're polite, but might fail to participate in the typical small talk viewed natural by extrovert (how do you do's and such)
>you're overtly formal and your way of speaking doesn't reveal anything about your personality

Probably something along these lines. Impossible to tell for sure without having talked to you.
>>
>>18376782
Oh and are these things not good?
>>
>>18376793

They're not inherently bad, but since you're looking for a job it could be. If you come off as reserved and introverted, you're not selling yourself to the company as well as you could. If they have two applicants with the exact same skills and experience, they might take the more extroverted one simply because the recruiter has a more refined sense of that applicant as a person and might also think they could fit into the work environment better. But if you have decent skills and experience, you don't have to worry about it too much. It's more important in customer service and other such fields. In accounting/data analysis someone will take you, if you just know your shit, even if your people skills aren't perfect.
>>
>>18376815
Thanks for the input. Like I said above I get in person interviews for these jobs after some of the phone screens.

Im asking because I just had a phone interview for a job that pays well and is a large global company. The interviewer said at the end that everything I said matched with my personality test. Then she goes oh and I could tell you're an introvert.

But yeah I have relevant job experience as well as experience in the customer service industry on my resume.
>>
File: 1280_ben_affleck_the_accountant.jpg (864KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280_ben_affleck_the_accountant.jpg
864KB, 1280x720px
>>18376770
>accounting job
>introvert
>autist

is there anything else you'd like to tell us, anon?
>>
>>18376855
Yeah I'm also good looking and fit, so combined with those three things it makes for an interesting experience when women try to hit on me.
>>
>>18376729
Shyness, awkwardness. Making sure they understood you. Not using casual smalltalk. Not bringing up any topics or even elaborations on the topic on your own. Being too rigid and scared. Using reflective language. Not using active language.
>>
>>18377164
Oh, these things all sound very negative and I'd be inclined to believe you, but I just got an in person interview for another job next week. Which are going to pay between 40-60k, so I don't think my introverted personality comes off as this toxic.

You're right though, I hate small talk and when I'm asked a question I answer it appropriately, no extra fluff. I'm not scared, I have more of a chill not giving a fuck aroma. I don't really actively engage people either, I let them engage me.
>>
>>18377728
Being introverted is not a bad thing. It is just a thing. No need to become passive aggressively defensive.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.