[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/, I'm in need of advice. I'm a 21 year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1493528965875.jpg (52KB, 586x501px) Image search: [Google]
1493528965875.jpg
52KB, 586x501px
Hello /adv/,

I'm in need of advice. I'm a 21 year old guy, and I've been a NEET ever since I graduated from high school ( The reason is because I felt like complete fucking shit due to all the stuff I had to endure for so many years).

I'm fucking tired of doing the same thing every single day so I'm trying to change. I'm currently looking for a part time job and looking into going back to school, which leads me into the main reason why I made this thread.

Should I apply for University, or should I consider other options like Community college and Trade school?

On one hand, going to uni will allow me to study the ONLY thing that interests me, which is computer science (programming, software development, etc). But the thing is that its expensive as hell. It will cost me about $13,000 per year.

On the other hand, going to CC/Trade school will be significantly cheaper, but nothing that they have to offer really interests me, though I'm willing to bite the bullet and just study something that is in demand in my city.

What would you guys suggest that I do? I'm very confused and need to decide where to go asap. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Also I wont be able to reply right now since its late and I need to sleep, though I will try to respond to messages tomorrow.
>>
>>18375488
The first important thing to consider is whether you can finish the program or not
It's one thing to have high goals, but it's another thing to get it done

Choose a thing you can do. Then go from there.

Computer science has good career options, so it's not a bad choice.
Trade school isn't bad either, but I've heard there's an overabundance of trained workmen.nowadays. But I don't know shit

Good on you for wanting to get out there though.
Once you have a regular paycheck, it'll open up whole new worlds
>>
>>18375502
>overabundance of trained workmen
Where did you hear that lol
>>
>>18375522
Grapevine or whatever
Like plumbers and shit aren't hiring because the old fucks aren't retiring

I'm not talking about factory workers
I'm talking about tradesmen
Electricians, plumbers, carpenters and shit.

Hell, maybe I'm wrong. Who knows.
But I know the CS shit is booming

My mate taught himself how to program over a year and is now working as a web developer
>>
>>18375522
The market is saturated with boomer fucks who don't want to retire while doling out minimum wage for four years to apprentices in exchange for backbreaking labour and injuries. Also there is a (((demand))) for skilled trades but the wages haven't increased yet to match, haven't increased since the 1980s and are actually worth less due to inflation. It's a game of chicken with employers begging for apprentices while paying them less then fry cooks until they finally start to see a drop in profits and raise wages.
>>
I'm going to piggyback off this thread since it's pretty relevant.

I have a similar situation to OP; but I have been working some low-wage jobs while saving like crazy and living at my parent's house. I have about $18k usd in the bank. I can afford two years of school easily if I keep working like 12-20hrs per week. My problem unlike OP however, I have NO idea what to go to school for.

It seems there's so many options that it borders on absurd though. Do I go for a 6month / 1 year cert? Associate's degree? Trade school? Apprenticeship? I've googled a million different pages about career picking and nothing seems really helpful.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.