[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I find out if antidepressants are the right choice for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0418.png (445KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0418.png
445KB, 640x960px
How can I find out if antidepressants are the right choice for me? I took them in high school and they didn't seem to do much but it was a low dose and I just remember feeling emotionless, I guess that is better than depression but I don't want to be a zombie or ruin my brain for a negligible benefit. Maybe it's already fucked, is there any way to find out which one is the right one for me without experimenting?
>>
>>18372839
>is there any way to find out which one is the right one for me without experimenting?

Ask a proffesional, don't self medicate.
>>
>>18372839
seroquel for sleeping
but all antidepressants make you fat i wouldnt reccomend them
>>
>>18372842
Bullshit dude all a professional will do is experiment, that's the whole point of me asking
>>
>>18372961

So, a proffesional will be guessing, but we, a group of random strangers, can tell you what to take? Do you see the flaw in that plan?
>>
>>18372862
See I'm worried about this too, I really need to get in shape and I don't want to be more depressed because the pills make me eat like a dumpster and don't care about anything. That's what they did before.
>>
>>18372964
Other people can actually vouch for the effects where the doctor will just throw whatever at you. Sometimes they don't even listen and give you something for a condition you didn't even mention, like if I tell them I am anxious and they just decide I meant I was depressed because I was calm when I said it.
>>
>>18372972

Yeah, so a stranger with no knowledge of your symptoms AND no background in medicine can tell you what's good for you?

How do we even know you are depressed? A doctor has records and can check on you, we are guessing. Do you have so pre existing conditions or something that might wreck havoc with the pills we tell you to take? We don't know. How much should you take? We don't know.

Come on man, you have to be able to see this is not a good idea.
>>
>>18372980
I just know I have autism and they didn't really do much for me before. I have been saying I'd stop being depressed once my life isn't in the shitter but I'm willing to switch it around and take the meds if they help me cope. I just wish there was a better way to find out if there is anything I can take without trying them first that isn't illegal or won't make me blow up like a house.
>>
>>18373003

Ask a doctor. Ask several doctors if you don't trust a single one. But don't take medication advice from anonymous people online, man.

Even getting some of this pills without a doctors prescription would be illegal. So don't experiment on yourself.
>>
>>18373029
Won't they just say "well if you diet and exercise you probably will be good?" Then I will have to do 2x the work to keep the weight off instead of losing it for half the effort and just being depressed. I know this is gonna be the option I have to take anyway it's just kind of shitty one and that's why I've been drinking and smoking weed since I stopped taking them. Neither seem to help.
>>
>>18372966
get endorfants from lifting. 2 birds bitch
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.