[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some black guy with a gold tooth tried to imply my best friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2224.jpg (258KB, 1199x808px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2224.jpg
258KB, 1199x808px
Some black guy with a gold tooth tried to imply my best friend was a white supremacist for jokingly name-dropping the SS in a private conversation we were having in the gym locker room with my mate. No racial references, nothing. Literally a Family Guy-tier Nazi joke. After the joke was made, he started creepily looking us up and down as we were getting changed after showering, before cryptically talking to us about "standing up for our beliefs" and "not to cower". We eventually realised what he was on about when he told us that they should be teaching that to us in the "SS Army".

He also essentially implied that he had a violent past (and therefore in no position to be lecturing anyone about "beliefs") , by saying that if he were six to ninth months younger, we'd "have a serious problem".

Considering my grandfather is in fact an ethnic Jew and my mate's ancestors had to flee Nazi Germany for that reason, I'd say he's on very thin fucking ice interrupting like that and trying to play the victim. Correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>18372459
>blacks and jews getting angry at each other over white racism
Who's the goy now eh? hehehe
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgf_dpXizDE

not advice but kinda related
>>
He sounds really self-righteous. What did you say to him when he was essentially threatening you?
>>
>>18372459
>that if he were six to ninth months younger
what? are you all children? only children speak in terms of months, adults in years and older people decades
>>
>>18372459

>Correct me if I'm wrong.

You made a shit joke about racists and black guy got pissed. Not the most ridiculous thing to ever happen, dude. Everyone has their soft spots and you just accidentally hit his. He doesn't have a right to assault you for making a tasteless joke but simultaneously its kind of naive to expect that no one will ever be rubbed the wrong way by the shit you say.

Even if your humor isn't meant to be hurtful, sometimes it is; pretending like no one is allowed to take issue with the things you say so long as you say it in the form of a joke is a naive oversimplification of human interaction. People who have been raped don't think a lot of rape jokes are funny. People who are black don't think a lot of racist jokes are funny. Its just the way of the world; its all fun and games until someone mocks a personal issue for you. If your expectation is that people respect your right to deal with the horrors of the world through humor at the same time you should be realistic about the possibility of encountering people who don't cope the same way AND appreciating the thin line between parodical juxtaposition and straight mockery.

I don't know him or you or the joke that was told, those are just my thoughts. Who is wrong or right doesn't really matter. Words were exchanged and no one got hurt so this whole situation is really a non-issue at the end of the day.
>>
>>18372508
It took a few moments for me to twig that he was inscensed by the Schutzstaffel reference - while he was cryptically talking about "how important it is to stand up for your beliefs" I asked him what his beliefs were. He replied that his belief was standing up for his beliefs. He continued to talk about "beliefs" to my friend. My friend was getting nervous by this point and said that he wasn't really discussing any particular ideology, but that the "beliefs" thing was a good philosophy. When he made his thinly-veiled threat, my friend basically said "yeah, it was a private joke, but I apologise".
>>
>>18372513
we're both 19, he looked around early to mid twenties.

>>18372516
fwiw, the joke was a reference to a shitty sketch show idea we came up with while stoned the night before. Our other friend came up with three stage names - Smudge, Soggy and Slick. We were discussing this in the locker room and my friend said "Yeah the logo for the comedy troupe could be the SS logo with three S's".
>>
>>18372459
just stop talking to black guys, there is no reason. white women do because they want to fuck them but unless you want to fuck a black guy, stay the fuck away from them.
>>
>>18372516
it's not like he was a jew though? sounds like he was being a self-righteous faggot
>>
>>18372525

Sounds harmless but yeah, like I said, there were some words exchanged, nobody got hurt and you just went your separate ways. Total non-issue. I'm not sure why you're even still talking about this.

I'm curious as to why you feel the need to come to us for validation based on some insignificant interaction you had with a stranger over literally nothing. I feel like most would would of just shrugged and laughed and went about their day.
>>
>>18372530

>it's not like he was a jew though?

Maybe he was raped by a Nazi. Maybe his big brother dressed up in SS gear, crawled under his bed and scared him in the middle of the night. Who knows? My point, ultimately, is who cares? Some stranger didn't like your joke, you engaged for a minute and now its over. Whats the issue?
>>
>>18372533
I'll admit you have the objectively more sane and grounded perspective on this. It's just something that makes you feel shook up because it's not every day that you're essentially threatened with violence and accused of being a Nazi.
>>
>>18372554

Well some people are fuckin' crazy. I'm definitely not defending him. I'm just saying its not crazy to think that making a nazi joke could possibly trigger someone's unhinged wrath. Did you deserve it? No. Still, its not really shocking that it happened.

I feel you about being shook up but hey, the world is a weird place. Gotta anticipate some unreasonableness here and there.
>>
>>18372540
the issues, by anon:
1.) He was eavesdropping
2.) He threatened them
3.) The joke wasn't directed at him, nor could it have sensibly been directed at him
4.) His friend actually apologized
>>
>Correct me if I'm wrong.
you're wrong as hell. Dude has certainly faced enough racism in his life to feel the need to do something about the white (teens?) sitting around talking about nazi shit.
>>
>>18372554
it's almost like nazi's aren't a joking matter
>>
>>18372585
Like beloved TV shows The Simpsons, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python and The Office did?
>>
>>18372593
It's almost like sitting there in reverent silence whenever Hitler is mentioned is akin to licking his boots or something.
>>
>>18372525
>the joke is literally "we're three nazis"
>scandalized when someone calls you a nazi
>>
>>18372598
>whenever Hitler is mentioned
yeah man, whenever hitler randomly comes up while you're in the lockeroom in a fun jokey way
>sitting there in reverent silence
is this a thread about am elderly black man sitting in silence?
>>
>>18372600
The Nazis weren't joking.
>>
You people are such cucks. It was a stupid, off-hand joke. That guy shouldn't have gotten so pissy over it, and I'm willing to bet it had a lot more to do with being a tough guy than any beliefs he has.

But what do I know
>>
>>18372603
yeah man absolutely, funny how the guy who historian Michael H. Hast ranked no. 39 in his list of most influential human beings of all time gets discussed from time to time.
>>
>>18372603
>am elderly black man sitting in silence
Please elaborate on this point, I'm not sure what you're getting at.
>>
>>18372459

The last bit of your post is exactly what you should've said to him you pussy. Also, aim higher than 'Family Guy' when writing jokes.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.