[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to change my name because it's a dumb German name

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Max Power.gif (1MB, 245x225px) Image search: [Google]
Max Power.gif
1MB, 245x225px
I want to change my name because it's a dumb German name assigned to jew ancestors that literally means a type of merchant. Fuck me if I ever manage to have kids I would die before naming them after me. Also my dad I'm sure wouldn't really care, he hates his Jewish upbringing kek, also his parents too since he edgy. He raised me more humanist/secular.

Here's the question though: Which of these names do I take on as my new last name?

1. Sheehan - Mothers name, Irish side of family. Line has died out now because all my 3 uncles on this side were gay. Only the daughters married. My grandfather with this name is bretty cool 5/5 Irish Catholic doctor who moved to America.

2. Arsenault - Step-dad's name. Quebecois in origin. Line has also died out because his older brother had no kids, a lot of his many sisters married and had kids but obviously the name their kids got were from their fathers. Grandpa on this side is dead, was pretty cool guy even though I could barely speak French with him. It would mostly be because my step-dad had a really beneficial effect on me, being a more normal person and not a complete assburger Bernd like my father.

3. Arsenault Sheehan - Take both these names, in whichever order.

4. Maurice - Change middle name to last name, and simply drop current last name. My middle name is after my great grandfather, it's a Jew tradition I guess. Name is ok though I like it. Also is versatile because it has history as both an Irish name and a French name.

5. Some dumb meme made up last name. Not likely to do this I don't want to end up as Max Power.

So what do you think? Which option is best in your opinion?
>>
>>18372300
Try Geralt of Rivia
>>
I'd probably go with Sheehan, since it just makes sense - don't like your dad's name so change it to your mother's.

That said, have you talked to your dad about this? You say he'd be okay with it, but you don't seem to know for sure.
>>
>>18372300
Talk with your dad's first and make sure he wouldn't be offended.

I like Sheehan most, but taking both your mother's and step-father name would be a nice gesture.
>>
>>18372315
He's a beta and he hates everything about Judaism, going so much as to be an anti-Zionist i would say.

I guarantee he'd have no problem with it, and if he did, it would be of the silent variety and he wouldn't try to convince me otherwise.

Also come to think of it I think I remember talking to him about it once, don't remember what he said though.

>I'd probably go with Sheehan, since it just makes sense - don't like your dad's name so change it to your mother's.
I guess so. Seems like I could put more thought into it though. Also consider that my first name is already irish in origin, so that coupled with Sheehan as a last name would make me just be REALLY IRISH sounding forever more. Thats why I'm still considering the other options rather than just going with that from the off.

>>18372317
>Talk with your dad's first and make sure he wouldn't be offended.
Yeah for sure, I'll go talk to him about it once I've put more thought into what I'd actually change it to.

>I like Sheehan most, but taking both your mother's and step-father name would be a nice gesture.
Would you put Sheehan last still? as my official last name? Could go with Sheehan-Arsenault as the order (hypens seem dumb though, too many letters).
>>
What's wrong with the last name Kramer?
>>
>>18372337
2nd thread i've made on this and people still try and be clever and translate and shit

its Handler bozo

Kramer is a real german name, handler is not
>>
>>18372330
I'd keep Sheehan as your official name, yes.
Nothing bad with being Irish sounding. Irish guys are hot.

Hypens are a pain for your kids.
>>
>>18372348
Just keep your last name and change your first name to Dick
>>
It was brought to my attention that I could modify my dad's first name (Daniel) and change my name to that, making the new last name Daniels since that sounds like a more legit last name than just Daniel.

Also I made a strawpoll. Pls vote:

http://www.strawpoll.me/13086897/
>>
Do your research and pick a name that will help you in your chosen career path. They have done studies where they send out resumes to all kinds of companies with all things being the same (education, experience, etc.) and only change the name. They found that traditional, white, conservative names get more call backs for interviews.

Point being if you are going to go through the process of changing your name, change it to something that will actually benefit you. Not just because "it sounds cool"
>>
>>18372401
>traditional, white, conservative names get more call backs for interviews.

lol
>>
File: O'Faolain.jpg (67KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
O'Faolain.jpg
67KB, 324x324px
>>18372418
actually probably pretty true. I'm considering changing my name back to the old Irish spelling with the O' cause otherwise no one can pronounce it and too many people think I'm related to sarah palin. at least if they're gonna mispronounce it they should have a reason.

also there was no reason for my great grandfather to change from the old name except to keep from being outed as irish back in the day and getting beat up. it's a good royal name.
>>
>>18372418
Regardless how you feel about it from a political correctness standpoint, it's the cold hard truth.
>>
>>18372422
thats a really really good name
>>
>>18372426
>>18372401
Can you give me list of examples of traditional, white, conservative names?
>>
>>18372430
Daniels, Smith, Johnson, Miller, Thompson, Anderson. idk man, any eternal anglo name, a lot of scandi names, names that the original white settlers would have had.
>>
>>18372430
I personally think it is extremely professional to go with just the first letter of your first name then your middle or last.

For instance. W. Phillips or R. M. Stone

I also like this approach because from a professional/career standpoint all of your professional relationships will know you by that name. If they try and google you using your shortened or abbreviated name, they will only find what you WANT them to find. Essentially you will have control over what is on the web under your "professional" branded name.
>>
>>18372442
how do people doing this introduce themselves? just using their last name?

also doing that in the modern age seems very archaic, i feel like one might get made fun of doing that
>>
>>18372468
"Hi, I'm W, Phillips"

Or with the two letters I would say the entire name. "Randy Michael Stone"
>>
>>18372494
>introducing yourself with first name as a letter

autism
>>
Call yourself Maurice Maurice.

Just be sure to point out whenever that it's pronounced Moh-rheese, like the French do.

Problem solved.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.