[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I worked picking fruit at a fruit farm for cash in hand a couple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0873.jpg (49KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0873.jpg
49KB, 443x332px
I worked picking fruit at a fruit farm for cash in hand a couple of months back. Now my dad is mad at me because he thinks it's unsafe and I didn't tell him about it earlier because I know he wouldn't like me working on a farm. How can I help him to stop being upset with me? What's wrong with working on a farm anyway? Being outdoors and doing something helped with not having anything to do since graduating from uni last year.
>>
If he's mad at you for getting a job you enjoyed doing, then your dad is a major asshat
>>
>>18372261
He was saying things like "what if the farmer went crazy and beat you to death?" "How could you trust a stranger enough to go to their house in the middle of nowhere?" It was a farm just a short drive from the mid sized town I live in.
>>
>>18372273
Wow, that almost sounds like he's got some issues. Paranoia. Did you try to talk to him about this calmly? Or is it futile? I don't know, if my son found a job for himself instead of sitting on his ass, I'd be proud. But the argument with the farmer is really weird. Can't say if he's obsessive or just really scared for you.
>>
File: IMG_0874.jpg (28KB, 841x175px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0874.jpg
28KB, 841x175px
>>18372299
I'm a female.
>>
>>18372305
Shit, sorry! I always assume anons are male. But still, that doesn't make the situation much more differently from my perspective. Of course, dads are over protective of their daughters, almost to the point of obsesiveness, so I can see this from his point of view also. Maybe tell him that next time you'll get a job find a friend to go with you?
>>
>>18372319
How can I convince my dad to be less overprotective? I don't party or do anything risky and im still a virgin at 22. Personally if anything bad happens to me it's my fault and I don't mind having to learn the hard way.
>>
>>18372335
To be honest, at 22 i don't think you can change it much. You'll just have to take his bitching, and he'll have to get used to you not being his pet. That's the only way I see it.
>>
>>18372343
Are his fears well founded? Can he change to be more progressive?
>>
>>18372354
I think his fears are well founded, but he's too obsessed with them. I think the change to a more progressive person in regards to being scared for you can only be made with time.
>>
>>18372358
What is he afraid of anyway? I don't have a need to be rebellious.
>>
>>18372362
Naaah, he's not scared of you being rebellious. He's scared of something bad happening to you. It doesn't seem like that, but a lot of shit can happen to you on a farm. Or as he said, he's scared of the farmer beating you up or god forbid raping you. He's just scared for his little girl, albeit a little too much. Try to talk it out, make him trust you to be super careful.
>>
>>18372365
Are people really that bad? I can trust my own judgement of character enough to weed out shady people.
>>
>>18372393
Yeah, i know you can. He knows too, but he's scared. Give it time.
>>
>>18372393
You can never really know with people, on good days they're great but on some days when shit hits them hard they tend to lose control of their emotions. Your fathers concern is well founded, he's just looking out for you for fear of something bad happening.
>>
>>18372408
>on good days they're great but on some days when shit hits them hard they tend to lose control of their emotions

Thanks for this tip. It makes a lot of sense. My mistake is i usually judge people on how they sound at their best and dismiss bad traits on people as them going through a tough time even if they act unpleasant on a consistent basis.
>>
Women should stay in the house.You will learn why he is scared when you find out how easliy a male can really overpower you.
>>
>>18372451
I live in a country with law and order. If a man were to beat or rape me he would be in jail.
>>
>>18372335
You sound extremely naive if you're implying that you'll be ok with being raped/psychologically traumatized in the name of learning some fucked up life lesson.

He's your dad, anon. He clearly loves you very much and simply wants you to be safe, and evidently has a hard time letting go of his little girl. But you're an adult, so you shouldn't have to apologize for it.
>>
>>18372451
Yeah, anon should stop living her life out of fear of something that will probably not happen.
>>
>>18372273
>"what if the farmer went crazy and beat you to death?" "How could you trust a stranger enough to go to their house in the middle of nowhere?"
>>18372305
>I'm a female.

Well obviously it would be too awkward to say it explicitly to you, but he doesn't want you getting raped or sexually abused.
>>
>>18372473
How do I convinced him I won't get sexually harassed? How do I get him to drop the benevolent misogyny?
>>
>>18372515
You won't, he's hardwired to work that way like any other father. Eventually he'll adjust to the concept of having an adult daughter who makes her own decisions and is capable of assessing risks for herself. He's done that for you since you were a child after all, but now it's not so necessary and he may not realise it yet.
>>
>>18372258
your dad's a closet queer with a penchant for buff farm boys.

he's just jealous at you for being able to live out his wildest phantasies of frolicking in the hay with a stable lad, or the horses on occasion, getting manhandled by the surly farmer after being caught stealing apples, that kind of thing.
>>
>>18372515
Reverse the roles: seduce the farm boy, get yourself pregnant, and present him with the "fait accompli" as the French say.

He'll come round, eventually.
>>
>>18372539
He's still mad at me and calling me stupid for what I've done. Any guys know what I can do to help him get over this? I get that he doesn't want me to get hurt.
>>
>>18372804
get your gun license and conceal carry permit
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.