[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm annoyed at my boyfriend's bullshit "the person

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I'm annoyed at my boyfriend's bullshit "the person who loves the other most is losing" mentality. We've been together for a year and he's still too insecure to show his feelings more openly, even while he realizes that this is a bad mentality to have. It makes him defensively make fun of me when I do stupid things or criticizes me when I'm being insecure, while all I do when he has troubles is try to be there for him as best as I can. He is never as comforting as I am, and I know it's because he thinks I'm going to think less of him if he does. He only half-heartedly apologizes, and it feels like he's oh so graciously allows me to love him and pet his ego while he sits back like the god he thinks he is.

I'm just venting because I'm tired of showering him with compliments yet dealing with him being so emotionally closed off. If I ever back off a little, though, he whines about how he feels insecure and worried that I don't love him. What should I do?
>>
He's childish. Either tell him to grow up or leave.
>>
>>18369767
I'll tell him to grow up if this happens
>>
He has parent issues maybe he likes his ass kissed and your not like his ex who would swallow that nut on demand
>>
What's the issue? He isn't wrong.

The only issue is that he has anything to lose in this and you don't, so you feel his position is negative. If you were in the same, you would not think so.
>>
>If I ever back off a little, though, he whines about how he feels insecure and worried that I don't love him. What should I do?

Tell him to stop taking his insecurities out on you and act like a mature adult who can talk about their feelings and work together with their partner to form trust and a healthy relationship. Emotional availability and vulnerability is key to a healthy relationship, sounds like he isn't ready for that.
>>
>>18369760
>What should I do?

Find a better boyfriend? I mean, really. If you try to talk about it and the other person doesn't want to change, then your only options are: Giving up and settling OR Moving on to someone that makes you feel better.
>>
>>18369760
>What should I do?

break up with him :)
I mean clearly he knows he's above your league
>>
>>18369857
If he were above my league, couldn't he find someone better than me by now
>>
>>18369869
You fucking dumb bitch, guys date down and girls date up.
>>
>>18369869
He was being sarcastic because of your boyfriend's ego.
>>
>>18369882

You date down, don't generalize. Some of us have self esteem.
>>
>>18369760
Why you complaining to 4chan? He likely learned to do that here.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.