[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I hold out for this other job? Job A has 100% offered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1462137116945.jpg (20KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
1462137116945.jpg
20KB, 583x583px
Should I hold out for this other job?

Job A has 100% offered me their position, and I've been discussing it for nearly two month. It's my old company, offering me a $10,000 raise from my last role, and I'd be back working with a bunch of people I really like, and only 10 minutes from my house... but there's a reason I left the job in the first place and I'm worried they could screw me again because they're disorganized.

Job B needs another week or so before it will become official - I have an interview tomorrow and they want me to have another 4-5 hour interview next week. It would pay over $100k (approximately $25k more than job A), but is regrettably nearly a 45 minute commute across the city.

Even if Job B offers me the job, I'm not 100% sure I'll take it over Job A. But if I keep Job A waiting much longer than today/tomorrow, they'll probably move on without me.

What do?
>>
>>18369299
what are the fields of each position? Are you able to move closer if you take job B?
>>
>>18369712

Both are marketing.

I could technically move closer, but my friends and family are on this side of the city and my house doesn't cost me much.
>>
U take job B. You buy a fucking 1991 brougham Cadillac and you drive that fucking marshmallow to work every fucking day making that money bitch...you put your best music in and jam that shit entire way
>>
>>18369730
So if you take Job B you're adding an extra 6.5 hours on your commute per week, which doesn't sound like a lot, but that adds up when you're accounting for months, but you're also getting an extra 25k which is pretty good incentive to take it, and you did also state you left Job A before. If you can hold out potentially without another job for a few months, I'd personally wait for Job B. IF you need the money now, I'd take the guaranteed Job A.
>>
>>18369777

I could hold out for a couple more months but it'd be tight.

If I don't get either of these jobs I'm looking at a job more in the $50k range, realistically, as other places in the city simply don't pay as well.
>>
What are the chances of place A upping their offer if you tell them you have a better one? Not matching 100k, but at least offering 10k more...
>>
>>18369299
>theres a reason i left

Then dont go back. It wont change.

Ive taken paycuts and further commutes in my past for better jobs.

Its not that bad just get into ebooks and podcasts. A 45 minute commute is a good opportunity to become a well educated fucker.

Or you know.. Listen to music, thats pretty fulfilling too
>>
>>18369903

They won't up it... they're already at the top end of what they can offer. My bonus will bring me in over $90k next year though... so I'm not THAT far off.

>>18369915

I'm just worried about knowing I'm always going to be missing out on happy hour with the gang, the first quarter of all sports games, that kind of thing. And a full hour of sleep daily.

My Monday through Friday routine is going to be work, workout, dinner, sleep. But I'd have all of the money in the world for long weekends.
>>
>>18369738
This is the only right answer OP
>>
>>18369299
You could always take a then take b when and if it is offered.
>>
>>18370020
Yes hitting the highway in that land yacht cruising the entire way to work
>>
>>18369984
anon, job A is probably more than enough money. Yeah, job B pays a lot more, but commuting does get old after a while; plus bigger chance of getting into an accident, more car wear, etc.

I would do A if you don't think they'll dick you again.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.