[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I stop being a NEET? >29yo > got out of hi school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 1

File: yyyk.jpg (25KB, 436x428px) Image search: [Google]
yyyk.jpg
25KB, 436x428px
How can I stop being a NEET?

>29yo
> got out of hi school with almost top grades, tried college sum years ago but left bcuz it was full of normies / I was not ready(?)
>be basically a NEET since then, living with my parents with just a few occasional short menial jobs.
> lost my (few) friends and can't get new ones, lives in a town where basically everyone (but me) knows each other
>never had a gf, even if I am not ugly, but too shy/ ankward

What are my chances to become a normie at this point? What should I do?
>>
>>18369201
Stop using the word normie. Try finishing your education or going to a trade school. Save enough money and have a plan that you work towards to help you move out. Have a specific date and hold yourself accountable so you don't put it off. Possibly consider moving when you have enough to a new city. Pick up interesting hobbies that lend to you as a person and force yourself into social situations.
>>
Are your parents rich op?
>>
>>18369201

Study. Find a job.

How do you find a job? Ask people you know. Look online. Buy the newspaper.
>>
>>18369219
my father is a doctor,well off but not THAT rich
>>
>>18369226
>Ask people you know.
I dont know barely anyone

Look online. Buy the newspaper.

they all require experience that I have not...btw should I fake some experience in my cv?
>>
>>18369229

Don't make up big lies. Do something believable.

Also, look for "Help Wanted" signs in stores and stuff like that. You don't need that much experience there. Just be clean and show a good attitude.

Also, expect some "no"s when you start. Don't let that discourage you. It's not easy getting a job, but it can be done.
>>
>>18369227
Rich parents produce soft kids, shitty parents, tough nuts. Old mate who dropped out in year 8 has more work experience and is more adjusted. So advice to op is Work Is work, experience is experience.
>>
>>18369233
>"Help Wanted" signs in stores

there aren't where I live and I'm too shy to ask in stores with no sign if they need someone.
>>
>>18369241

what's your point? that's not an advice
>>
>>18369229
>>18369242

Listen, you can shut down everything we say without trying it if you want. You a NEET because you are to much of a pussy to try anything.

Once you finally hit rock bottom, you might grow a spine and actually put some effort in. Sorry, but you have your advice. Word of mouth, ads and signs are the ways people get jobs. Make them work for you. Good luck.

This is /Advice/, not /Cuddle/. You are being a lazy coward. Your problem here is your attitude.
>>
>>18369241
Or be proud your old man is a doctor and follow is lead. Perfect person to learn from, and he has someone to pass his skills onto
>>
>>18369248
rude, there aren't signs outside stores here for real
>>
>>18369249
>start studying medicine at 30

mmm... if I had a life maybe
>>
>>18369250

Ok, use one of the other methods.
>>
>>18369247
The person who has a couple of months flipping burgers is more qualified than someone who is a doctors son. Any experience is better than no experience. Does not matter what, just get some experience under you belt.
>>
>>18369254
I sent my cv in answer to a bunch of ads found online, nobody even bothers to answer me
>>
>>18369262

>Also, expect some "no"s when you start. Don't let that discourage you. It's not easy getting a job, but it can be done.
>>
>>18369261
what has the fact my father is a doctor has to do with this? are you jealous you come from a poorass family or what?
>>
Get your lazy ass up and get a job. And drunks always need friends
>>
>>18369268
Lol. Your ego already restricts you from seeing any advice.
>>
>>18369262
As an employer I never hire anyone who expects that by emailing in a resume they will get the job. You must present yourself in person or over Skype if it's long distance.
Here's what I can gather from your posts

>your grammar and syntax is horrible, poor communication skills
>being neet is a red flag, I don't want to pay someone to be responsible for making my money who isn't inclined to pit in any effort
>You haven't volunteered your timeeither
>You make up excuses very quickly to divert blame from yourself

You have a lot of work to do to even convince McDonald's you are competent. Get your shit together and pit on a fake smile, and don't stop looking for work till you find it.
>>
Yeah I dunno either OP. I've been on NEETbux for 2 years now, and I think I've solved enough of the issue that caused me to quit work and school to go back to those things, but I just don't know how. A two year work gap seems to make all employers immediately throw my application in the trash, even if I do have work history (warehousing and forklift operation). It sucks and I don't know what to do.
>>
>>18369298
>your grammar and syntax is horrible, poor communication skills
english is not my first language

>being neet is a red flag,
I don't tell them I am a complete neet but I fake some experience

>You haven't volunteered your timeeither
I could fake that too, thanks for the advice

>You make up excuses very quickly to divert blame from yourself

no point to blame myself, I just need to know what to do at this point

>You must present yourself in person or over Skype

they to email them your cv, genius
>>
Rich or poor doesn't matter. You think your parents want to look at their loser son every time they come home jerk face...how do you know your dad isn't trying to invite some guys over to gang bang your mom but nooooooooo the loser son is still at home doing a whole bunch of nothing...they ask themselves doesn't he have any friends to go get hi with ?????
>>
>>18369317
they decided to have me, nobody forced them so they are paying the consequences.
>>
>>18369308
Because you stopped for two years. You can have a phd, but you won't get a job over some illegal who knows how to go to work every day. Seems like there is a fine line between autist and retard.
>>
>>18369308

That's were contacts help. Try asking friends and family if they know of someone that needs some help.

After a year of fail, I finally swallow my pride, asked my mom if she knew of some work openings, and I got a job from someone she knew from her own job.
>>
>>18369316
You have no experience and are going to be applying to entry level jobs, fast food and manual labour. Pretty much the only thing that matters for these is that you have a good attitude. Every post here is filled with shit attitude. Good fucking luck getting a job because I wouldn't hire you even if you were the only applicant.
>>
>>18369325
I'm pretty sure I made it clear in my post that I know the reason I'm having trouble finding work is because I didn't work for 2 years.
>>18369327
I don't have any friends or family that can help with that. The only family member I'm in contact with is my mother and she's unemployed.
>>
>>18369316
You can't fake experience you dumb fuck
>>
>>18369332
>I don't have any friends or family that can help with that.

Tough luck. Try neighbors, people in shops you visit every day, and other people in your life. Also, don't stop searching.

When you don't have a job, your jobs is finding a job. Spend at least 4 hours a day on that. Walk the street looking for "Help Wanted". Search for ads online and in the paper and visit those places. Go to you local government to see if they have some kind of program to help you. Go to temp work agencies and sign up.

Sitting on you ass won't get you a job.
>>
>>18369333
you can fake it on your cv, but ofc you cant apply for a job in the same field of the faked experience, it's jsut to hide them I an not a total NEET
>>
>>18369337
The thing is that I make more money from NEETbux than I would doing anything that pays less than $12/hr. There aren't 4 hours worth of jobs that I'm qualified for and pay that much to look through.

I have zero people in my life to ask for that sort of thing as well. It's online or nothing.
>>
>>18369298

Not OP but a similar scenario. I've had 7 years of solid work but then scattered employment history. The two year NEET gap seems to scare people and I have nothing to place in the gap. College cannot be afforded and volunteer work is a city away so it's gas I cannot afford.

Any tips when applying? I have people skills but I feel like my two years of unemployment and wrestling with personal demons have made me into some workplace or social pariah.
>>
>>18369322
They decided to have you fine why aren't you at the mall charging up their credit. Get you a bitch there while you're at it or a boy toy your choice or go save the blue whales
>>
>>18369342
>NEETbux

I've seen that mentioned here a few times. What the fuck is that?

As far as I know, people don't pay you to do nothing unless you have a medical condition And even then they try to make excuses to say you are qualified to work so they don't give you any money.
>>
>>18369348
Social security disability. I get "paid" to do nothing because the government accepted my application and doctors saying I could never work any kind of reasonable job.
>>
>>18369350
fuck i wish I had disability too to get NEETbux
>>
>>18369350

Then why are you bitching here? Why do you want a job?
>>
>>18369317
It's a parents responsibility to raise a emotionally prepared, adjusted child, they are failures.

If any child becomes neet, you have failed as a parent.
>>
>>18369355
I don't want to be NEET. It's terrible and slowly ruins you physically and mentally. I can't just go work for minimum wage though, because then I'd be living in my car, and that's not really feasible.
>>
>>18369360

Then study while you still have money and get a good job? Make a contact network while studying?

You know you can't get something better than minimum right now, so work your way to where you can get something better.
>>
>>18369339
Just don't "fake" yourself out of opportunities. Normie beats autist with stellar resume
>>
>>18369363
Can't afford uni.
>>
>>18369365

Stop making excuses! Ididn't say uni. What about trade school or short courses?

There are options.
>>
>>18369365
Where's Bernie sanders when you need him?
>>
>>18369201
1. stop thinking in "normie" and "neet" categories.
you're not less of a normie than anyone else just because you don't have a job.
2. depending on your financial situation, obvs apply for either education or some low level entry job and get started from there???
3. if you dislike where you live now, just apply for education/ job outside your small town and then move there
>>
>>18369363
What about if I tell the employer I was battling cancer for those two years? Would that work? Seems like most people sympathize greatly with cancer patients and I have the pale sickly look.
>>18369373
What excuses? You said to study and that means uni. Trade school just means "do an apprenticeship and get fired at the end" lately. Can't afford trade school anyway.
>>
>>18369382
>What about if I tell the employer I was battling cancer for those two years? Would that work?

Still won't get you past entry level jobs. You have no experience, that was the problem to begin with.

>Trade school just means "do an apprenticeship and get fired at the end" lately.

How do you know? You have no friends, family, or job. You don't seem to talk with anyone, and you've been out of the job market for years. How do you know how it looks?

That's the excuses you make. You decide you'll fail with no knowledge or experience.
>>
>>18369378
Thank God my parents are rich enough and would financially support me. I'd like to get some education but I fear I am too old for university and that I would just waste time, also I'd feel like a parent of college kids even of probabily they have more life experience than me lol
>>
>>18369382
if you're any good at picking up logical stuff, you can always teach yourself programming and if you're on it, probably apply for an entry programming job within a couple of months to a year.
if you're good at what you're doing and just honest about your situation (had depression or social anxiety or whatever but now you start getting your shit together) hardly anyone will blame you. at least in programming, i think it's still more about what you can than about having a very polished vita.
>>
>>18369390
>You have no experience
I'm not OP. I have 3 years of work history in construction and warehousing. Just haven't worked for 2 years.
>How do you know
Because other people do research on the job market as their job, and that's what they are saying the market looks like for apprenticeships in all but the most esoteric of trades like underwater welding.
>>
>>18369396
I don't know how college is in the us, but when I did my bachelor's here in germany there were mostly young people in my courses - yes - but about 10-15% where more around 30 than around 20 years old.

you're not too old for university. education is your best option to get a good job if you can afford it.
or do sth. like >>18369398 and just learn a useful skill by yourself. but keeping up the discipline to do so is super hard if you're all on your own. probably impossible for sb who suffered from being a neet for the last years
>>
>>18369406

Try the cancer thing, if you can keep a straight face. I'm sure it will be so successful.

>Because other people do research on the job market as their job,

Ok, what do they tell you to do? Go read their articles instead of asking us. If they got their finger on the pulse of the market, then they know how to work it. Why are you asking us?
>>
>>18369415
>I'm sure it will be so successful
Why are you being a cunt to me? I'm asking for help because I don't want to be useless leech and you're attacking me for wanting to do just that.
>Why are you asking us
I wasn't asking about trade school. You are the one who mentioned trade school.
>>
>>18369412
I'm not from the us. I'm just not sure univerisity will actually help me to find a job here, I always hear of ppl with a uni degree that can't find a job.

what did you study btw?
>>
>>18369382
>what excuses
>proceeds to give stupid excuses like can't afford it.

You can apply for student loans. You can apply for scholrships. You can be gifted grants and bursaries. You can start a fucking gofundme. There are several countries including Germany and Norway who offer English speaking post-secondary courses for free - no tuition whatsoever. How much research have you even done? This is why your life sucks your lazy and out no effort into it whatsoever. You lack so much knowledge and yet you refuse to even look up the smallest bit. You expect to work above minimum wage yet refuse to try for school and fake everything in your life. Honestly the best thing for you is to become a manual labourer. You habe 0 work ethic and you're bound to never last an any job because you find it too hard or think they don't pay you so much. Vermin like you ought to be fed to livestock or thrown in front line infantry as a bulletshield.
>>
>>18369418

>Why are you being a cunt to me?

Because you are talking about faking a very serious illness? You area cunt, I'm a cunt back to you.

>I wasn't asking about trade school. You are the one who mentioned trade school.

Great, so the experts ONLY talk about trade school. You aren't OP, but you make excuses just like him.

NO CUNT MODE (also know as no insult mode):

>Word of mouth, ads and signs are the ways people get jobs. Make them work for you. Good luck.

>When you don't have a job, your jobs is finding a job. Spend at least 4 hours a day on that. Walk the street looking for "Help Wanted". Search for ads online and in the paper and visit those places. Go to you local government to see if they have some kind of program to help you. Go to temp work agencies and sign up.
>>
>>18369425
>There are several countries including Germany and Norway who offer English speaking post-secondary courses for free - no tuition whatsoever.
tell me more, also is it true some countries pay you for studying at university?
>>
>>18369431
No. That was the point of my post. Use Google and do your own research. You'll have to learn how to do that anyway if you do go to school.
>>
>>18369425
Even if I applied for aid and got into a state school for free, how exactly do you think I would pay for all of the other costs involved? Rent, food, books, mandatory online assignment platform subscriptions, etc. I'd still have to be working, or do you think going to school while homeless is feasible? Because the last time I asked a university about this they told me I absolutely shouldn't bother unless I'm going to have a place to stay.
>Several countries
They're not going to grant me a degree??? They're not going to pay me to travel there and go to school there???
>Expect to work above minimum wage
I expect to work at $12/hr or more because that's what the cost of living here dictates. If I can't do that then why would I bother working?

I want to go back to school, that's the whole reason I want to work again even though I know I could stay like this until I die if I wanted to, but I can't really go back to school unless I have the rest of my life in order.

>>18369428
If that's what it would take to find work that pays the rent then yeah I'd fake having had cancer.
>Only talk about trade school
What are you even talking about? I don't want to go to trade school I want to go back to uni.
>>
>>18369444
>I want to go back to uni.

You said you can't pay uni. So either work out a way to pay it or settle for s lower paying job until you save enough.

Spend 4 hours a day doing research and making a plan. A job won't fall on your lap unless you put the effort.
>>
>>18369453
I said it because blogging more than what was relevant seemed unnecessary. I had tried my very best to go to uni. I moved to another state and worked there for awhile supporting myself entirely so I could get the in-state tuition and attend for "free" through FAFSA loans and grants. Unfortunately I wasn't able to succeed there because of the start of the issue that caused me to get on NEETbux and become a NEET in the first place. I had a lot of trouble balancing work and school while I was doing this and eventually had to drop school entirely if I wanted to stay out of homelessness. Eventually I couldn't work and got onto NEETbux. 2 years later I'm confident that I've solved enough of the issue that I can function in school and work again, but the 2 year absence makes it basically impossible for me to start back up at uni or to find work that would pay for what it needs to.

I'm not lazy and wouldn't mind working 10hr physical labor shifts again, but I can't even get one. What the fuck am I supposed to do besides try lying about something that garners sympathy and excuses the work gap?

Like I said earlier, there are not 4 hours worth of jobs to apply to. I've been trying and I keep getting my application returned. I call them and they tell me it's because of the work gap.
>>
>>18369479

Then use those 4 hours to make friends at the local park/bar/whatever until you built a network of contacts that help you reach new working opportunities.

There are options.
>>
>>18369503
I'm not convinced that this works outside of movies or internships in uni, and my social skills are still poor. That's not an excuse that's just the reality. I've never had more than 2 friends and I don't know how to make them because I'm at least a decade behind everyone else in social skills.
>>
>>18369515

Live of your welfare and stop worrying your pretty little head.

Studying is impossible for you (or you don't want to study where you can actually afford it). Getting a job is impossible for you (or they pay less than your NEETbux so it's not worth it even for the experience). Making contacts is impossible for you (and even if you could, "it only works in movies").

You are so fucked. You are really really fucked. You have no hope. Is that what you want to hear? Then I said it. Live off the government while you can and maybe some day you wake up with actual drive to try and change your situation. Right now it's clear you don't want to. I'm so sorry for you. I really am.
>>
>>18369527
I'm just gonna try the cancer thing lol. It's clear you don't know what you're talking about anyway.
>>
>>18369534
why don't you convert to islam?
>>
>>18369542
Why would I do that?
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.