[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drinking yourself to oblivion, anyone else starting to feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: drunk-580x358.jpg (85KB, 580x358px) Image search: [Google]
drunk-580x358.jpg
85KB, 580x358px
Drinking yourself to oblivion, anyone else starting to feel like shit everyday before you start ?

When i started boozing it was bliss, the beginning and the end were always bliss, that was about 15 months ago.

I started with 1 liter of 7% abv beer, that would put me under.

After 15 months i have to drink 2 liters and im starting to get insomnia after the last drink .

It feels like im aproaching the end of my barrel. I literally smell like shit since i don't bother to wash anymore. I wake up , go to the store, get my drank, booze off and go to sleep.

At the start it was all so amazing, such a high, i had so mad skills in Overwatch after my beers, now, im 30 kg overweight , i can barelly find clothes that fit me anymore, and worst of all, the high is starting to fade.

You get sick in the stomach before you get bliss. Is this my signal that its over ? Maybe i should quit ?
>>
Quit.
Do it for yourself.
You're the only person who will look out for yourself.
We are all going to be dead in 70 years.
Quit.
>>
>>18368178
I'm currently reducing my drinking from 15 years of constant obliteration because its causing too many acute health problems.
You think shit sucks now? Destroy your body with alcohol.... then it'll really suck. You can recover from where you are, but that won't be possible forever.
>>
Fuck it. I drink all day every day and sometimes I like to chainsmoke and then resort to bumming smokes. Who want to live to be old anyways amirite fellas?
>>
>>18368329
I want to live to be that old.
I want to see the world.
I want to meet awesome people and do awesome things.
Sorry you feel that way.
>>
>>18368178
Yes you should quit. Alcohol withdrawals can be absolutely brutal though. If you have anyone in your life that can support you it'd be a good time to go to them. If not and you're alone that's ok too, you can still do it. If withdrawals get too bad though seek rehab, as having medical professionals who are used to helping with these sorts of things could probably do you some good. End of the day you can only really stop if you choose to. If you're on the fence then getting off it won't really work. Either way whatever you decide to do, you can do it. Just set out a goal of what you want in life, and go for it till you get it
>>
>2L bottle enough to get you boozed
Damn nigga you weak. 2l gets me buzzed not overly drunk.
Anyways, don't fucking drink alone jesus christ, I like beer, but I very rarely ever drink alone, and in that case never more than 0.5l cause I don't wanna get drunk.
The drunk high can be tempting, confidence, feeling good, being more open and social etc. but don't do it alone.
Quit drinking or find a drinking buddy.
>>
Some people are naturally good alcoholics, if it's making you unhappy then slow down gradually to a stop
>>
I quit 5 years ago when the buzz was getting old and the hangovers would occur after 3 beers. Used to drink a case every 3 days or about a 1.75 of liquor every week for years. It gets old. I quit somewhat suddenly and surprisingly had no withdraw. But I still felt 'bored' for about a month later until something clicked in my head and realized I didn't need alcohol to feel good or have a good time. I drink non alcoholic beer when I go out and no one says anything. Waking up with no hangovers and having no 'heavy' alcohol feeling is the best high I've had in a while
>>
>>18368178
Most alcoholics would have moved on to hard liquor by now. You're probably not even getting very drunk anymore off of 2L of beer. Realistically, you should stop. Drinking is a distraction so you don't have to think about the things you should really be doing in life. Do those things instead. I've seen people in psych hospitals who have absolutely nuked their lives and livers with booze, and it's not pretty. The fact that you have the cognizance to post here about your concern is all the proof that you should need that you can stop drinking constantly. That being said, you should seek advice from a medical professional before quitting cold turkey. Alcohol withdrawals can kill you. If you're not going to do that, do yourself a favor and wean yourself down to avoid withdrawal. You don't have to never drink again, but you should make it an ironclad policy never to drink alone.
>>
>>18368178
Yeah, I'd quit in your position. Actually, I did (mostly) quit from a very similar position. I started out and would drink 2 or 3 0.5l bottles and get nicely buzzed, Then I had to raise the amount to 2 liters, then 2.5, and often enough I'd end up drinking 4 liters or more. occasionally up to 6 liters. At that point I'd just feel like shit when waking up, and that nice buzz I used to get when I started was all but gone.

About a year and a half after I started, I decided to just stay sober. From what I gathered on Wikipedia I was headed for an actual addiction. I didn't experience any withdrawal symptoms. so I think you won't have to worry about those too much.

Now I stay sober throughout the week, and instead take the time to enjoy a bottle of something really good on fridays or saturdays.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.