[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hate mathematics >Can't stand to look at it >Know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1491684260265.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1491684260265.png
293KB, 633x758px
>Hate mathematics
>Can't stand to look at it
>Know I'll never do what I really want to do in this world
>Will wind up like 75% of the American populace and hate my job

This is why I refuse to entertain the notion of having kids.

The industrial world makes you waste your life doing things you hate. What's the purpose in bringing more people into this?

You've got to be born with a certain personality type just to be happy in this shit. Normies are Normies because they're born that way. They're under-stimulated by their environment from an early age. It's stupid to try and blame individuals for everything when human-beings aren't created equal.

Self-improvement in 2017 is unnatural adaptation to a world that shouldn't be the way it is.

By the time Universal Basic Income is a reality, I'll be 75 years old.
>>
>>18367251
You don't hate mathematics, you're just horrible at it because you're stupid
>>
>>18367251
Buy some text books at your mathematical level and self teach. It may be an hour out of your week at first, but as long as you're consistent you'll eventually worth yourself into a habit of practising some mathematics.

And with all things you practise at, you'll eventually get good at it.
>>
>>18367343
If I'm stupid, how does that not provide validation to my world view?

How are we not all bounding down one track?
>>
File: CalculusWasAMistake.jpg (106KB, 720x561px) Image search: [Google]
CalculusWasAMistake.jpg
106KB, 720x561px
>>18367251
Stop being a faggot OP.
All math takes is actually sitting down and learning it.
A monkey can do that shit,honestly.
Stop being a faggot and actually do something with yourself besides complain.
>>
>>18367251
Agreed, YOU shouldn't be reproducing. Leave that to the rest of us who like math.
>>
>All these people talking about how they love math
I'd bet hard cash most of you barely passed trig. It takes a special type of autism to get a hard on over a double integral.

Take up a trade or something. Not everyone is meant for college.
>>
>>18367969
I'm a scientist, I keep up my skills on differential equations, calc, abstract algebra etc... because its really useful AND I enjoy it.
Stop projecting your sad failures and short comings on everyone.
P.S. if you want to be really good at a trade, math is super fucking helpful...
>>
Screw text books even, there's unbelievable amount of stuff on YouTube, and most of it is made to entertain and teach at the same time. I don't know your level OP but I bet you'd find something interesting there. Look up standupmaths (Matt Parker I believe the guy is called), 3blue1brown, Numberphile. They show the reason why people get a hard on for maths. There's a certain beauty about how everything works.

And yeah, being "fluent" in maths is a basic human skill, even in trades, so stop complaining and start learning. It'll be fun!
>>
>>18367995
I'm a STEM major and I'm perfectly content with my grades. I'm not saying it isn't useful, or that some people don't enjoy it. I am saying some people do not have the aptitude for it and there is nothing wrong with that. Trying to force yourself into a career built around something you hate is fucking stupid.

>P.S. if you want to be really good at a trade, math is super fucking helpful...
To an extent but they're not going to be using anything more complex than absurdly simplified algebra and I've yet to see a carpenter use trig over ratios for adjacent & opposite sides.
>>
>>18368028
Oh fucking neck yourself. Math is more than a few basic operations, it teaches optimal path seeking and logic which are both applicable to any task set.

"To an extent" piss off with your basic bitch math understanding.
>>
>>18368057
>Oh fucking neck yourself.
You sound insecure. I never claimed that math is merely a few basic operations. I'm pointing out that if someone is struggling with what I assume is highschool level content a career based around something a notch higher is a horrible idea.

>"To an extent" piss off with your basic bitch math understanding.
Go to home depot and purchase a carpenters handbook and you may begin to realize that you use a very different toolkit on the field.
>>
>>18368075
I suppose I'm not of the school that might claim spatial reasoning is innate and untrainable.

Physical tools are only one component of a job, take better mental tools with you and your effectiveness is multiplied.
>>
>>18368020
Thanks faggot,that is some good content
>>
>>18367969
>I'd bet hard cash most of you barely passed trig
I actually agree :) A lot of times on adv someone claim they like math, and can't give any example of what they like that is beyond highschool level when asked. But there's nothing wrong with that. It really doesn't take more understanding than trigonometry to read stuffs like Newton's Principia. (but I'm not saying that is easy)

>It takes a special type of autism to get a hard on over a double integral
I think 4chin skewed your view. That's just Calculus (maybe up to measure theory but I doubt that's what you mean). In real life, go to any decent uni, many guys in STEM first year should breeze through it, (given that the engineers don't care about the built up to Fubini or Tonelli theorem) and go to parties at weekends. Most people love something they get easy A on and get called smart for it.

People don't need autism to do well in math. People do need autism to sperg out about it on 4chan.

>Not everyone is meant for college
this is true. But to think people go to college and love Calc II have autism is just, lol
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.