[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is going to college at 25 degenerate? Anyone with similar experiences?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

Is going to college at 25 degenerate? Anyone with similar experiences? Is it too late?
>>
Oh look. You must be new.

25 isn't too late. Just go do it and don't be a fuck up like the youngins there.
>>
I don't know. I'm planning to go to college and I'm 28. I don't care what the kids are doing. I'm there for myself and no one else.
>>
>pic way more interesting than your post.
>>
I'm currently 21 and some of my classmates are over 40.

It's never too late to think about your education. Go for it, man!
>>
Never too late, Im 33, graduating his december. People are mature enough that they dont give a fuck.
>>
File: fastnfurious.jpg (931KB, 2722x3629px) Image search: [Google]
fastnfurious.jpg
931KB, 2722x3629px
>>18365886
>>
>>18365927
>>18365908
I'm curious
how do older people pay for their tuition fee?
It's not a PhD so no bursary. Probably not scholarship either (competition). Do you guys work part time?
>>
>>18365936

OP here. I live in a civilized country wihtout tuition so this doesnt apply to me anyway.
>>
>>18365930
fucking lol wtf.
>>
>>18365886
If you don't have an education it's never late to get one. If you do have an education it's never late to learn more.

What the fuck dude just do it.
>>
>>18365936
No, we go to school part time.
>>
You go to college to get some form of degree to get a job that has to have that degree doesn't matter whatever age sex or horrific desires you have
>>
>>18365936
loans. that or like most of the older people that were in my classes when I was in college, welfare. basically if you want to go back you either need to tick all the boxes for all the welfare, or be well off enough that you can pay for it/ have a credit score that allows you to get loans.

me personally, I'd like to go back. I started going in 2009 right when the recession hit. my dad being a pilot had already taken a 40% pay cut that had been in place since 9/11 and was also going through divorce and bankruptcy. I didn't qualify for any kind of aid because they don't take that kind of stuff into account, just your parent's gross income. my mom being an alcoholic never saved anything and is terrible with money. I tried getting a job but my city got hit hard and unemployment was at 16%. then my grandma's cancer got real bad, I decided at that point, as my dad's checks for tuition were bouncing, as I knew every hiring manager in the 5 mile radius but no one would hire me, as my grades were suffering because I was so stressed, as my internship on a film production crew fell through because the lead cinematographer was a dope smoking retard that couldn't hold a set together... that it was time to drop.

I moved to the mountains and found a job at a resort where I proceeded to escape everything and wait out the economic bullshit, busting ass until a few months later I was running shit.

I'd love to go back to college because I would vastly prefer to have finished my film production and marketing major, or if I had made the switch to marine biology. tuition is massively expensive and matched with the fact that I have financial obligations on top of that its not feasible. OP if you've got the chance, I mean a really feasible chance, you take it without hesitation. my only option is busting ass and making my own business, and I know I'll get there, and maybe it happened for a reason, but it's a lot easier with that piece of paper.
>>
>>18365886
Got my bachelor's degree when I was 40. entered my career when I was 21 with an associated degree. tough grind with wife, kids and a job that involved travel. Get it now while you're young.
>>
>>18365999

>25
>Young

Nice trips tho
>>
>>18365987
You will get your own business!
I have faith in you.
>>
>>18365886
Self-improvement is never degenerate.
>>
>>18366017
I had my own business lol. put in $300 and was on the way too making 100k profit in the first year, then got a client that I was not aware was a partner at a law firm, a business law law firm, who specialized in contract law. my contract was good, but it wasn't good enough cause when he started screwing me and not paying I didn't have an out. fucked over three other clients when his project ran long cause he kept changing shit. the perfect storm of a client, shit happens. I'll have another business inside of two years and I learned a lot from this last one.
>>
>>18365886

does it matter?

would you rather have a degree and be building towards a career in six years, or be exactly hwere you are now but not worrying about whether or not people see you as a 'degenerate' for going to college later than usual (but somehow not calling you a degenerate for never going at all)
>>
>>18365886
I just finished my first semester at 27.

Best fucking decision I've ever made. I'm wiser and mature now so I made great grades and even made some "older" (my age) friends.
I'm going to go all the way and get a phD.

I took out every loan known to man and will apply for scholarships when they're available again in the fall.

If you're motivated there's no reason not to, but don't fuck around and pick your major before you go back. Attack your major with passion and make sure to have the by any means necessary mindset. Get em anon!
>>
I have questions about the picture that was here originally. not so much about the origins, but the intent.
>>
>>18365936
33 student here, for me I worked full time 40 hr week and went to school part time. This is why it has took me soo long to graduate, going since 2002. Get financial aid if you can, if not a loan. Just dont mess around with random classes, take the classes you need and get out. Go to community college and get your AA, then transfer to university to get your Bachelors. You'll save lots of money.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.