[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend of 10 years just cheated on me. I stuck it out with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: 1450391524100.jpg (90KB, 567x736px) Image search: [Google]
1450391524100.jpg
90KB, 567x736px
My boyfriend of 10 years just cheated on me. I stuck it out with him while he was using drugs, let him live with me for years, he stole shit from me, and he has only known this girl from the methadone clinic for a month. This was the one thing I never expected him to be capable of because he was so fucked up over being cheated on with other people and we were going to be together for the rest of our lives. I'm in shock, I have been drinking for years to cope with all of the problems and it's part of the reason he stopped having feelings for me even though his addiction was way worse for me and anybody else I know who was hooked. Please tell me how I'm supposed to bounce back from this and find some hope.
>>
>>18365035
>I have been drinking for years to cope with all of the problems and it's part of the reason he stopped having feelings for me
huh
>>
>>18365035
If he did all that shit to you before he cheated why the fuck did you invest your time of 10 years to him? Sure at first he might have not been a drugging and an abusing asshole but you did invest your time with him for too long.
>>
>boyfriend of 10 years
>10 years
>>
>>18365036
I didn't stop having feelings for him while he was using and stealing from me so what's your point?
>>
>date scumbag for 10 years
>why is my bf a scumbag???
This has to be bait.
>>
>>18365046
>permanent bf
every girl on 4chan's dream
>>
>>18365044
>>18365050
guys don't just assume OP is better than her druggy bf. People like this end up together for a reason
>>
>>18365050
Not even convincing bait at that.
>>
Idk what you want me to do, I'm asking for help on how to get better even though all signs point to my life being completely wrecked. It's not like we're crackheads who beat each other whenever we couldn't afford crack.
>>
Be careful that girl doesn't make him relapse...I would just get out now before your stuff comes up missing again. Addiction is a LIFE LONG ...h is one of the worst drugs
>>
>>18365063
Dump him obviously. He's treated you terribly, why are you still with him? He sounds like an awful influence on your life
>>
>>18365063
>asking for help
I'm sure there are better places for that
/adv/ isn't for helping people with your issue, more along the line of "guys who cant talk to girls need help". For more complicated psychological issues don't listen to people here lol that's just self harming
>>
>>18365079
didnt they already break up
>>
>>18365081
Didn't seem like that to me, but admittedly I've been on the booze a bit
>>
>>18365080
Yeah I am gonna have to get professional help too but I don't really have anybody to talk to atm. This all happened just this morning.
>>
>>18365085
what are you alcoholic
geez get a grip
>>
>>18365035
>Please tell me how I'm supposed to bounce back from this and find some hope.

Leave him, make new, better friends, anf give it time. You'll heal, just don't give up.
>>
>>18365086
are you hot?
post a pic :)
>>
>>18365076
>Be careful that girl doesn't make him relapse

It looks like that's what's going to happen, this is all so fresh in my mind I don't know how much I am going to hate him for this. I can't fight his battles anymore.
>>
>>18365091
The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>18365086
Serious talk now, professional help is what you need. It sounds like you need to get this person out of your life, at least until you're both better. For now I would recommend you try and remove him from yourself.
>>18365089
Nope, it's the afternoon in bongland and I've just finished my last exam.
>>
>>18365094
I'm HELPING OP getting over her bf
>>
>>18365096
I already blocked him so that's not the issue here. He was the one that wanted to keep talking to me.
>>
>>18365035
You wasted 10 years of your life on a loser. Idk what you want anyone to say. I'm sure you've had hoardes of people telling you all the while that you're wasting your time, but you didn't listen... Well, life aint over OP, but it's a lot shorter than it used to be. Move on. Cut ties with that fucktard and move on.
>>
>>18365054
Oh trust me I'm not!
>>
>>18365035
First, you need to stop drinking. You can't justify your behaviour by saying "yeh im drinkin, but hes doing DRUGS!"
>Boyfriend of 10 years
So I assume you are at least 10. Kids know to not touch something hot once they burned themselves. So should you.
Second, dump him. If he cheated on you, chances are he'll do it again. Especially if he is on drugs and can't control himself. He can't encourage you to stop your bad habit, and you can't encourage him. That's why you need to go seperate ways and better yourselves individually.

And lastly, post nudez
>>
Stay with him. Next time he uses and doze off, inject him and give him an OD. He is a junky so there will be no investigation.
>>
When I was much younger I got married. It was a shitty relationship yet I stayed in it for 7 years. Why? Because so much of my personality became complaining about my shitty relationship and feeling superior. I always had something to talk about, I always had people feeling sorry for me and I had an ethical excuse for why I was failing to achieve goals within my own life.

After a while I had to stop and take stock of myself and my actions. What was I gaining here? Denying myself happiness and success in order to what? Feel superior to somebody who I was supposed to love? Is that how my love manifested itself?

I had to learn to let go of an awful lot of bullshit in order to be a better human being. Being a better human being allowed me to not only do the things I needed to do to truly be happy myself, but also connect and give to others and actually express love in a positive manner.

Previously my love was pretty poisonous. Yet I didn't know any better. I was raised to believe that what I was doing was the right thing to do. You are supposed to suffer for true love. You are supposed to overcome challenges in order to gain things of worth. You are supposed to suppress yourself in order to give fully to another.

It wasn't until I pulled my own head out of my ass in order to realise what I was actually milking from the situation that I could start to unpick these concepts.

Anyway blah blah blah, divorced, ruined both our lives for about 6 months, one year on cannot believe I didn't figure it out sooner, so much happier, so much more grounded as a person, so much more capable and honest and so much more to offer than being a whiny bitch making myself appear interesting by being a sob story by undermining somebody I claim to love.

What is my point? You don't get a medal for this shit. You chose to be with a retard who did horrible things to you and you tolerated it. Don't you want better? Don't you want better for those you claim to love? Are you surprised?
>>
>>18365397
Thank you for this anon.
>>
>>18365035
>doesn't break up with someone who steals from you
>doesn't break up with someone who causes so many problems he feels the need to drink
>doesn't break up with someone who doesn't pay rent for years
Sounds like you have 0 self esteem and let everyone use you. Start there.
>>
>>18365035
>>
You guys are some pretty awful people. You should leave him.
>>
>>18365035
>he was using drugs
>he stole shit from me
These are called red flags, OP. Ignoring them is not a virtue that will be rewarded.
>>
>>18366404
Yea well neither is being a hypocrite so I guess you can't get participation awards.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.