[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would like to avoid dating multiple people at the same time,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: OU7GlZP.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
OU7GlZP.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
I would like to avoid dating multiple people at the same time, so help me pick who I should go out with between these 4 dudes.
I am 25.

>A - 27, PhD student, 7.5/10
Pros - very sensitive, intellectual, artistic, well-read, elegant, similar interests, decent sense of humour, similar background
Cons - shy, a bit overly emotional, just out of a long term relationship

>J - 33, university teacher, 8/10
Pros - same interests, adventurous, fun to be around, very charming, well-read
Cons - a bit of a manwhore, conversation can be a bit dry at times, extroverted

>L - 24, master student, 7/10
Pros - great sense of humour, caring, well-read, fun to be around, similar interests, makes me feel very comfortable, seems very into me
Cons - will move away after the summer

>M - 25, master student, 7.5/10
Pros - great sense of humour, very charming, similar interests, seems very into me
Cons - a bit of a manwhore, very closed off emotionally
>>
>M
>>
>>18364923
Why?
>>
You would like to "avoid" dating multiple or are you just a slut...it's ok to be a slut ...some men can smell a slut like a lion smells it's pretty from far away so they might not want nothing more but nutting down your throat
>>
>>18364936
I would prefer not going out with more than one person at the same time, but I'm not completely opposed to it if it is necessary to know them better and make a better choice. Of course, I'd be honest with them and I'd rather avoid it because it is a waste of time.

I am not a slut. I just started dating again, I broke up with my ex boyfriend of 9 years last September and he's the only person I've ever done something physical with (including kissing).
All of them seem interested in something serious. All of them know that I am not going to have sex right away so if they want a quick fuck I am a bad investment.
>>
>>18364909
None of them. Why don't you date someone that is not a student or university teacher. Damn how fucking boring.
>>
>>18364952
I am in university, I got to know them through university stuff.
>>
>>18364949
>All of them know that I am not going to have sex right away so if they want a quick fuck
Then why do you have two manwhores on your list? A manwhore is a manwhore and if you know it going in you are deluding yourself if you think otherwise. Tip. Part of a manwhore success is the ability to convince you they will treat you differently.

I also don't see that you are assured these guys will date only one woman.
>>
>>18364955
I get that but why don't you look outside all the university bubble?

Why not a man that is working in the private sector, successful or on the way there that will also have a network of people with varying background and interest.
>>
Define "Manwhore" sounds like /adv/'s version of roastie
>>18364949
>All of them know that I am not going to have sex right away so if they want a quick fuck I am a bad investment.
Debatable
>>
>>18364967
I don't have anything against it, I didn't purposely choose all guys who study or work in university but I spend most of my time there and that's how I meet people.
>>
>>18364967
I guess OP has to study, free time probably goes to student parties
guys in private sectors would take more time to find, and there's no guarantee they are any more interesting or attractive. But the interests would differ.
>>
>>18364909
Go on with L, the only con is that he's moving away after the summer. Rest of the boys had something nickpicky on their cons. Except L and he cant really help it if his ass is gone after 9/21 (yes I know that there is always a choice).
>>
>>18364971
I said it half-ironically.
J told me he slept around quite a bit when he was in univeristy, I don't think he is currently doing so and he seems willing to settle down.
I know M was FwB with a couple of girls my best friend knows, and he came off as a player when we first met.

L and A aren't into casual sex at all, L has a similar background and A is really not the type.

>>18364961
>I also don't see that you are assured these guys will date only one woman.
I am not. They asked me out and they seem into me.
I know L and M want to date just me (L in particular is very much into me).
>>
>>18364909
PhD math student here, you should arrange a meeting with all of them and let them decide their turn :)
>>
>>18364986
L is totally my favourite, I wouldn't even have half a doubt if he wasn't going to leave.
Getting into a LDR after 3 months together terrifies me.
>>
>>18364984
If she's got 4 guys lined up I don't think she'd have any problem meeting men outside the university bubble. I agree it would take more effort on her part but that's part of the point. She should think outside the box for a little challenge.
>>
>>18364993
If he's your favorite why force yourself with the other guys? You don't know what will happen the next three months.
>>
>>18364997
I know he's going to move 8000 km away from me. So I don't know if there's a point even if he's pretty awesome.
I don't want to date casually, I want to date someone I actually have a chance with.
>>
>>18364994
>If she's got 4 guys lined up
yes she likely meets these guys at the places uni students usually go to
I also think it's possible to meet guys in the industry, if she's doing internship, e.g law firm etc. or goes to parties at places in big cities where companies and universities are close e.g. Silicon valley.
Maybe she already met working men.
>>
>>18364988
>I don't think he is currently doing so and he seems willing to settle down
Why do you think this?
>and he came off as a player when we first met.
But
>All of them seem interested in something serious.
I think you're getting duped
Also if you're 24~27. Stay with the folks in your dating bracket. I'm sure the university teacher just wants a bone.
>>
>>18365009
Then if it were me none of the others work. I realize you are ready to find your next monogamous relationship but since you are why can't you be a bit more patient and keep looking? Just because they have asked you out, showing interest, doesn't mean they are a good choice.
>>
>>18364909
I'd choose either J or M personally. A is an option, but those cons are kinda a red flag. L is not worth going after if you want anything serious. J and M seem like they will treat you well and fun to be around. The manwhore thing doesn't really concern me unless you see em as cheater types or players. I don't care if a girl has many sexual partners before me, you have to assume the way someone acts when they are single is different from when they are in a relationship.
The emotionally closed thing is the only part that is concerning, but hopefully you can get to the bottom of that.
>>
>>18365018
About J - mostly what he told me. He made it clear that he wanted to date seriously and all, joked that he's old and such.

About M - we met in September when I just broke up with my ex. He was hitting on me pretty hard, and I turned him down because I wasn't ready for anything.
He has been very nice to me since. Most of the guys I turn down don't even bother talking to me again, but over time we became pretty decent friends and he was always respectful and kind. He recently told me he seriously likes me and he'd like to go out and date. He seems honest.

I'd prefer dating someone in my age bracket tho.
>>
>>18365020
I don't mind being single, I just feel ready to start dating.
It's just hard for me to get into a relationship if I already feel like "meh, it's not going to work out".
I can definitely be patient and keep looking, but I do like these guys.
Thanks for your reply.
>>
>>18364909

This is a fine decision to be made for you by 4chan, OP
lol also I doubt any of them likes you that much
>>
>>18365026
I don't particularly care about the partners number, but we have a very different experience in terms of dating.
It is a con not because I think they're horrible people for sleeping around, but because I don't know if we can get along well having such different relationship experience.

M is a very honest person and is very annoyed by cheaters. I am really sure he wouldn't cheat. I don't know J that well, but he didn't give me that impression.

A is pretty cool actually, it was very easy for me to get emotionally close to him, but I'm scared because he seems like a fragile person and not in the best place to start dating. L, heh.
>>
>>18365060
Just wanted to hear other people's opinions. Most of my friends told me to totally go for J because he's hot, I wanted to have someone else's point of view.

> I doubt any of them likes you that much
M and L really do like me, A and J just asked me out.
>>
>>18365071
ok :))
>>
>>18364909
>>18364909
If you're seriously having to weigh options between 4 people, then the answer is pretty obviously "none of them" imo.

This wouldn't even be a contest if any of them was actually right for you. You'd know beyond a doubt who you wanted to be with and that would be the end of it. Sounds to me like the only reason you're in this position is because you're trying to pick between the lesser of four evils, and "the best option at the time" not someone to be in a relationship with.

Plus, you don't sound like you're really in a place for a relationship if you're shopping around like this. There's a lot less of the "I like A, but B could be good too, and C isn't out of the question either..." bullshit if you really know who you are and what you want.

Sounds to me like dating multiple people is exactly what you need to be doing. You're being dishonest with yourself.
>>
>>18365314
I don't want to enter a relationship with any of them. I am trying to decide who I'd like to go out on a date with.

I don't know them well. I talked to two of them (A and J) maybe 5 or 6 times, and have been friends with L and M because of our extracurricular activities but it's not like we're intimate friends or anything.
I also haven't been on a first date in maybe 10 years so it feels all a bit overwhelming.
>>
>>18364909
I would say J if it wasn't for the extroverted part. However, being with an extrovert would be utterly exhausting for someone on 4chan so I guess it has to be M (L is obviously not even on the table and the overly emotional guy just out of a long term relationship can't be the best choice)
>>
>>18365346
>I don't want to enter a relationship with any of them. I am trying to decide who I'd like to go out on a date with.

Wait...

So you're not at all interested in a relationship or committing to one person, but you have qualms about casually going on dates with more than one person at a time?
>>
>>18365450
Not OP but m8 are you suffering from some sort of disability? OP is interested in getting in a relationship, but she doesn't know the people around her well enough to know if they are the right ones. She wants to go on a date with one of them in order to get to know him. She's asking which one of those 4 it should be
>>
>>18365455
You'll have to excuse the confusion, it just seems like OP is all over the place.

She actively just said she doesn't want to enter a relationship with any of them, for one. But if what she means by that is that she doesn't want to enter a relationship with any of them YET and is trying to figure that out first by getting to know them better, I don't understand what how she expects to do that without actively going on dates with them and seeing who she likes the best.

Maybe I'm missing something, but this seems to boil down to "I'm interested in multiple people, want to get to know them better before committing to one of them, but am unwilling to do the one thing I need to do (i.e. date all of them) in order to make an informed decision about the relationship potential with each of these people."

What is she asking for? How to decide how dateable these people are without dating them? It's not making much sense to me.
>>
>>18365071
>I wanted to have someone else's point of view

you want to have point of view of people with less than average social experience, who don't know these guys beyond the few lines of your concocted anime description. lol and you have friends to talk to? really?
>>
Wait for one of them to choose you.
>>
>>18365472
>She actively just said she doesn't want to enter a relationship with any of them,
I think she meant not immediately, but rather after she gets to know him
>What is she asking for?
It's in the OP:
>I would like to avoid dating multiple people at the same time, so help me pick who I should go out with
She wants to choose one to get to know better, and if it doesn't work out, she will then look at her options again. Maybe new ones will have popped up
>>
This is OP, bragging how sexy she is and has so many options.
>>
>>18365490
this is anon, telling OP none of the guys is right for her, that she needs to find other more interesting guys outside of her bubble, hint, hint
>>
>>18365480
Ok, I guess. Just seems like a lot of energy to be devoting to the matter if she legitimately isn't going to give a fuck about three of them in the end is all I'm saying.
>>
>>18365490
They are in STEM (physics and math). The fact that I am relatively interested in what they have to say and not morbidly obese is pretty much all that is required to score a date with them.
I'm not super sexy.
>>
>>18365508
Making a thread on /adv/ takes literally 5 minutes desu
>>
>>18365509
You should date the emotional one, at least he won't leave you then.
>>
>>18365509
>They are in STEM (physics and math).
whooaaa
>>
>>18365511
I do this all the time and I never feel any need to seek out the advice of strangers over it. It's not a big deal if you actually understand how little any of it means at such an early stage.
>>
>>18365441
Yeah. J's a huge people person. I really am not.

A probably is the most appealing intellectually, L would be the best but the fucker needs to move.
>>
File: 1806099.gif (9KB, 78x83px) Image search: [Google]
1806099.gif
9KB, 78x83px
>>18365519
>>
>>18365519
>>18365508
It will be the first time I go on a first date after puberty.
I understand it might be irrelevant for most but I have literally zero experience in the dating world as an adult, and I've been stressing over it a lot.

>>18365480
This is perfectly what I meant, thanks.

>>18365476
I mentioned it to a couple of my friends, and they just told me to go for the hot one and have fun. But, yeah, that's not what I exactly want.
>>
>>18365513
:( he dumped his ex tho.

>>18365517
?
>>
>>18364909

I would date A. He sounds hot
>>
>>18365676
He is. He has an adorable smile and a very cute face.
He's the one I know less but from what I know he is pretty amazing.
Speaks 5 languages, plays 2 instruments, loves reading (gave me a wonderful book last time we met) and writing, PhD in math. He's also very easy to relate to and very empathetic.
But he just broke up with his ex (6 weeks ago), they had been together for 8 years so I'm a bit worried about being just a rebound because he's not ready.
>>
these threads are so cringe, jesus christ
>>
>>18365704
Statistically he's actually more than likely to marry you.
People just out of long term relationship know better just what exactly they're looking for, and if you fit, you fit long term. And since they just finished one long term, there is usually no space for another long term that doesn't end up as marriage.
>>
>>18365775
That's actually pretty neat. I didn't think about it that way.
He's probably the one that showed less interest in me, but I don't know if that might be because he's generally very shy (blushes when he talks to me level of shy).
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.