[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I literally haven't left the house in months. How concerned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: RicketsXR1.gif (332KB, 549x866px) Image search: [Google]
RicketsXR1.gif
332KB, 549x866px
I literally haven't left the house in months. How concerned should I be about vitamin D deficiency?
>>
Pretty bad desu senpai. I have a desk job where I stay 8 hours inside and come home when it's dark. Doc told me to take vitamin D supps. Have you thought about a seasonal depression disorder light for your room? It can give you the dose of natural light you need. Or you can walk a dog or run in the afternoon if you are a NEET and That's why you've been locked up
>>
Get a job at Lowe's or home depot. They hire anybody and you'll get sunshine. Especially if you work garden, lumber, or a loader.
>>
>>18362047
Unfortunately going outside is pretty much off the table for me right now. I've thought about the SAD light thing a couple of times but never seriously looked into it. Got any additional info on that?
>>
>>18362087
Why can't you go outside? That's really bad for you.
>>
>>18362104
It's just not. I'd really rather this not become a "ohhhh anon you need to see a therapist or get on drugs or whatever" thread, been there done that.
>>
>>18362025
Go outside? Open the window?

Drink milk enriched with vitamin D (pretty much all commercially produced milk), eat fatty fish and consider taking supplements. Of course, check your vitamin levels first.

But if you're stuck in your house because of some psychiatric issues, you've got bigger problems than vitamin D.
>>
>>18362114
I just was curious why you can't go outside lol
>>
very. most normal people are deficient.
>>
they make pills and light fixtures for that. they aren't even that expensive, just buy some if you're worried.
>>
>>18362727
Well to be honest I hadn't really thought much about it until recently. Also as far as supplements and artificial lights, I'd be concerned about regulatory enforcement(or lack thereof).
>>
>>18362025
If you are low on vitamin D you will know all about it. Dizziness and unexplainable fatigue are the first symptoms, and it only gets worse from there.

The most obvious solution would be to spend more time outside or just open the window in your room, but vitamin D supplements also work quite well.
>>
If your pasty or pink not much since you absorb more sunlight another others tones,you'd have to worry if you were really dark by default and didn't get vitamin D source from your food.
>>
Drink milk. The end.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.