[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So can any of you tell me about you experiences in therapy? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1485298800586.jpg (46KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1485298800586.jpg
46KB, 750x750px
So can any of you tell me about you experiences in therapy? I'm pretty sure I need it to keep from killing myself but I really don feel comfortable talking about my feelings. Every time I try to talk about things like that I more or less just fall apart. How does therapy work? Is it actually helpful?
>>
Bumping for replies, I'm in the same boat as OP pretty much. I need therapy because I clearly have major chronic depression and I think I have borderline personality disorder but I really want a professional to figure it out. I'm very paranoid though and walled off, I find it hard to talk about how I feel without using too much sarcasm
>>
Haven't been to therapy myself, but from what I have seen from people around me, it helps as long as you're willing to go through with it. Just posting this shows you want to do something about your issues, though, so I'd say try it out.
>>
I had major depression which caused me to drop out of college and become a NEET living at home. My parents forced me into cognitive behavioral therapy, and that combined with meds was really helpful. I was able to cure my depression in a little under a year.

It's not easy though, a big part of CBT is learning to recognize how you cause your depression, and how to actively control your emotional state. Several times I wanted to quit because my therapist was really bringing me to task on being a lazy POS, and the source of all my problems. but thankfully my family refused to allow me to quit and in the end I was much better off for it.
>>
>>18362070
How is cock and ball torture going to help anyone get over depression?
>>
>>18361991

I saw a therapist for 4 months since it was required by a doctor before I was able to get a prescription for a certain medication.

At first i hated the thought of being forced to go to therapy when I think i didnt need to or want to. I just wanted my damn prescription and move on.

But in the end, i really liked it. You arent required to talk about your feelings. You can talk about literally anything you want with your therapist. It will somehow make you feel better just having someone listening to you and asking questions about the stuff.

I talked about cosplay with my therapist.

It was fun. The only reason im not seeing my therapist anymore was because my insurance didnt cover it and i had to pay $100 out of pocket every fucking week. It was killer.

Also be prepared to be asked about any traumatic experiences you had as a kid because for some reason my therapist was convinced i was like sexually or physically abused as a kid even though i wasnt lol my childhood was completely normal and boring. Nothing traumatic happened not even in my teen years. But for some reason she kept trying to ask about any rape or abuse i might have gone through. She would try to bring it up indirectly and shit lol really weird. I kept telling her nothing happened but she would find some way to bring it up or ask about it again

Other than that it was a great experience.
Also dont EVER say you are having suicidal thoughts to your therapist even as a joke, especially if you have good insurance. They will send you to the hospital suicide ward for 48 hrs and try to keep you longer because your insurance has to pay over $2000 for every day you spend there. Didnt happen to me but it happened to a friend. They kept him there for 4 extra days over the 48 required hours.
>>
File: 2016-06-19_23-19-16.jpg (39KB, 640x355px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-19_23-19-16.jpg
39KB, 640x355px
You don't need a therapist, you need friends that care about you.
>>
>>18362110
>since it was required by a doctor before I could get a perscription for a certain medication

Did transition help you?
>>
>>18362117
I don't think I do honestly.
>>
>>18362110
Did you ever end up getting your hormones?
>>
>>18362097
Has being coddled like bitch ever helped?
>>
>>18362214
>Not wanting someone tall and strong to cuddle with
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.