[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have to write an essay on the quote from the Bible: "Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (6KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 204x204px
So I have to write an essay on the quote from the Bible:
"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged"
Any tips
>>
>>18361753
Shit quote.
>>
>>18361764
Not my choice :/
>>
>>18361753
There's an idea that we could have been anyone else given their same experiences. When we judge others we condemn ourselves. Apart from this you could reference the story 2 Samuel 12 in which David learns that man should reserve judgment for God lest he suffer the cruelty of man.
>>
>>18361753
Well shit, what do YOU think of this quote?

I assume that you've read commentary on this verse. If you haven't, maybe you should.

What's the language used in other variations of this quote or teaching? How does this compare to the "golden rule"? What do you think about the sheer simplicity of this quote?

How do you think the word "judge" is being used here? Is it the same as the usage of "judge" as "to form a considered opinion or conclusion"? If so/not what do you think about that idea of what "judge" means?
>>
>>18361845
Good tips thanks
>>
>>18361753
idk but mention how god's kill count beats the devil's by 10 million.

also work in how if the devil is a evil, why does he punish evil-doers instead of rewarding them?

> inb4 athiest fedora tipper
couldn't give less of a fuck about religion but fucking with bible nutjobs is a fun time.
>>
>>18361948
I think this is a case where the much maligned "I *could* give less of a fuck" applies.
>>
>>18361948
You're not fucking with anyone when your knowledge of Christianity is comparable to a 2nd grader's.
>>
>>18361948
>if the devil is a evil, why does he punish evil-doers
Not a Christian but I figured the idea was the devil is a twisted opposite to god. God created a path towards righteousness and rewards those who have faith with paradise. The devil tempts sinners and then "rewards" them with damnation.
>>
OP you should unironically kill yourself for being too stupid to figure this out. I would pray to god that you fail in life but I don't think I'll need to, your complete retardation is evident and it will prevent you from going anywhere.

Anyways, if you are always judging others, you will assume others are judging you too. You normalize it by being opinionated and judging, so you assume its normal for everyone to judge you. It's just a fact of human empathy that you try to put yourself in other people's shoes when they view you. If "yourself" is a judgemental piece of shit, you'll think others view you the same.

Kill yourself as fast as you can, please.
>>
>>18362001
Although the motivation for the devil is kind of nebulous, according to mainstream Christianity, the devil doesn't punish or reward anyone. The devil isn't some sort of anti-God (read about Gnostic or dualistic heresies if you're curious about this notion in regard to Christianity). The decision and power to reward or punish belongs to God alone. If you read the Book of Revelation, you'll see that the devil is going to get chucked into the lake of fire for eternal punishment just like anyone else that pisses God off.

>>18362352
The word is "judge" not "be judgmental", and it's used here in the sense of "condemn". There's a difference.

Go read John 8 for an example of what it can mean to judge another, and why Jesus has a huge problem with it. This isn't about "so hey, don't have low opinions of other people because that's not nice".

It's "don't be a self-righteous asshole who decides it's your place to murder someone because you think their sin deserves it."

Only God is qualified for God's role of passing judgment on others. The threat that Jesus is making is that if you take it upon yourself to condemn others, God is going to condemn you.

Your shit about "well, if you're a judgmental asshat, you're going to assume everyone else is a judgmental asshat too" makes no fucking sense and if you got out of the basement more often, you'd already have observed that it's objectively not true. The only people who would believe this are little kids and aspies who haven't developed a theory of mind.

And I get being an abrasive asshole to people if you're trying to hit them in the face with how obviously fucking stupid their behavior is so that they think about what they're doing, but you just seem like you want to be an asshole.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.