[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I met this guy and he is everything I've ever wanted in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1493780579783.jpg (66KB, 871x622px) Image search: [Google]
1493780579783.jpg
66KB, 871x622px
I met this guy and he is everything I've ever wanted in a man and more. We've been dating for almost a year now and it's gone off without a hitch.. but tonight was something else. We'vee always been a light drinkers but he decided to go balls to the wall tonight which isn't typical of him but he just got a promotion so why not. He has put me through hell these last few hours. He's verbally abusive on minute then he's crying and apologizing the next, then back to the argument from 30 minutes ago and rinse and repeat. I love this guy and yes I'd do anything even put up with his drunk ass (he threatened to walk home in a thunderstorm and I literally ran after him. He only came back inside when he saw I was crying and he said he was sorry again), but this I feel was way too much. The absolute anger in his eyes... Every time he started to get angry I played it off cool but I was fearing for my safety. I don't want to leave him. Through thick and thin, right? But what if we get married? What if he decides he wants to get drunk more often? How do I bring this up to him without feeling like an absolutely bitchy "you-cant-go-out" girlfriend?
>>
>>18360461
This is why you don't get married without getting to know someone first.
Being drunk doesn't magically change people - these issues have been there
Marriage also will not magically change people

Honest answer? Abort. You dodged a bullet. Same advice I'd give to a man telling the same story (as it should be).
>>
you must have been a piece of shit to him and he was gulping for long

i might blow up on my little princess gf aswell, sometimes shes just an ass
>>
this is why I don't drink heavily even though I've always been either a friendly or somber drunk. it's just unpleasant to be anything other than buzzed imo. you either need to have a serious conversation with your guy or break up. frankly I'd suggest breaking up because you present the very valid point of future problems.
>>
>>18360461
talk to him when he's sober
>>
>he's everything I've ever wanted

Stop idealizing him and give up on this dead relationship, what you told is weird as fuck.
>>
>>18360461
First, be clear in your own mind that you are absolutely in the right and he is absolutely in the wrong.

Then, when you're both sober, lay down the law to him that that must never happen again or you will walk. And mean it.
>>
File: 1483906243975.jpg (122KB, 558x743px) Image search: [Google]
1483906243975.jpg
122KB, 558x743px
I highly recommend you talk to him about this OP. Here you are likely to only hear from those who have been scorned by the opposite sex, so you will likely just be told to drop him. Do that or don't, this decision is up to you.

Good luck op, love is complicated.
>>
>>18360461
Very bad preview of what your miserable life will be with this guy but if you must insist in pursuing you tell him point blank this was the last time for if it happens again you are out.
>>
>>18360696
This
(It won't be the last time)
>>
>>18360461
Weird. When I get near-blackout drunk, I find everything increasingly hilarious and want to go to sleep. Smaller amounts just make me more articulate and conversational. It's strange because I'm normally pretty sharp and intense and somewhat cynical when I'm sober.
>>
lol fuck you cunt
>>
I know a girl whose bf got drunk and threw their cat out of the window. He acts normal when he's not drunk but there is something creepy about him and I think it's just an act to cover his psycho.
>>
abusive drunks exist its in their genes. Don't marry one, they are destined to be wife beaters.
>>
>>18360648
x2. He can't hold his liquor, he shouldn't drink. People are different kinds of drunks, some are just goofy but some turn evil when drunk. You should tell it this way, you are not against his drinking too much because you disapprove getting drunk, you are against it because of how he acts when drunk. You are not a bitchy gf, you both tried and it doesn't look good. If he was to do it more often, you should run. For a one-time thing, you should just lay down the law.
>>
Sometimes people get really drunk and act like assholes. Stop reading too much into it, if he's not getting drunk often, it's probably not something you'll have to worry about. He'll probably feel embarrassed and not drink for a while.

I've been a royal cock a few times, but it's not how I usually get when I drink. It just happens every once and a while.
>>
>>18360461
People like this just shouldn't drink. I can say that because I am one of those people. Booze doesn't really do anything for you if you think about it objectively anyway.
>>
>>18360461
I would still give him a chance. I hope this remains as a one time thing.
>>
Don't make excuses for him. Unfortunately, there isn't a real solution to this problem. Either you put up with his anger issues and risk being abused, or you become a nagging and overbearing girlfriend -- neither of these will better your situation.
I know it's hard to "throw away" a relationship. In the long run, though, it will be much better to save yourself from the pain of being with a man who displays this "absolute anger in his eyes." If he scared you this once, he'll scare you again, and again, especially when something as easily obtainable as alcohol is one of the triggers.
>>
OP. Seriously read what I'm about to type.
FUCKING
LEAVE
HIS
ASS
NOOOOOW.
>>
>>18360801
Yeah, same.

>A drunks man's words are a sober man's thoughts
is bullshit. When I'm sober, my thoughts are dark and angry, but when I'm drunk I'm kind of blasé and sardonic.

>>18360461
Talk to him, OP. Don't take leaving him off the table, because it sounds like he's got a darkness there that he's been hiding from you. Still, hear him out and see what he's willing to do to keep it from happening again. Words aren't enough, he has to do something concrete, like giving up drink, talking to a therapist or going to AA.
>>
This board has gone way downhill.

Ignore all these idiots. First off, act like an adult. When you have concerns or relationship issues, the first thing you do isn't come to the Internet and look for someone else's solution. You go and fucking talk to the person you've been dating for a year. You gave us one little slice of the worst moment you've had with this guy. What the fuck do you expect us to say? Obviously you know him better than we do.

This doesn't apply to just you, but: Don't come here and ask for advice when you haven't made any attempt to solve the problem yourself.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.