[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi. my life is becoming hell. i live at home. my plan was to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

hi. my life is becoming hell.

i live at home. my plan was to move to another state in a few months. i have friends in the town im moving to. my parents would support me for 6 months while i live in an apartment while i:

1. find a job.
2. sign up for local community college.

this is starting to crumble. i hate my parents. i hate my house, i hate my life. this is how i was going to start over and it seems that i might have to do it on my own.

what can i do? can i literally drive there tonight, sleep on a street/couch surf etc? can i then get a job? who would hire a homeless 20 year old?

how can i get an apartment without a job? how can i get a job without an apartment? i won't technically be a citizen of the state for 1 year.

i'm getting dangerously close to another suicide attempt, but today isn't the day. today might just be the day i pack up my bags and walk out the door, past my screaming mother and shitty father, get in my car and drive there.

no plan, no money, no anything. homeless in a city with friends is better than living in this fucking prison cell.
>>
File: Pepe-the-Frog.jpg (105KB, 1024x998px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-the-Frog.jpg
105KB, 1024x998px
>>18359082
>my life is becoming hell.
>my parents would support me for 6 months
>i hate my life

wew lad.
>>
>>18359093
they offered, now they're taking it back.
that's fine. thats fair. its their money.

what the fuck do i do though? do i just leave anyway?
>>
>>18359097
Are you a bit behind/slow? I'm not joking
>>
suicide isnt caused by a bad life, suicide is caused by someone mentally unstable.

Anyway, make a plan. We don't have the specifics but I would say Start applying everywhere, fix your mental state, find a roommate to split rent with.
>>
>>18359102
nope. i didn't apply myself in high school because i didn't see the point. i'm currently studying at a local community college. i graduated high school with a 3.6 but no colleges would accept me because i dropped out of geometry when i was a sophomore.

i know this sounds crazy, the wanting to leave. but i mean it when i say that living in this tiny town in the middle of nowhere with obsessive and protective parents is my personal hell. i need to leave and i need to leave fucking soon.
>>
>>18359097
Just leave man. Get the welfare free shits where u move too, then do under the table jobs On CL . You'll figure it out
>>
>>18359106
i understand the instability part. i know i seem crazy. fuck, maybe i am a bit unstable. its because of where i am. i was fine until about a year ago. things are getting worse and worse and i just need to get the fuck out.

who would split rent with an unemployed 20 year old with no job experience, no degree, no anything, from another city?
>>
>>18359119
What I look for in roomates is someone with money+a job+and a plan.

I don't mean to discredit how bad your environment must be, but instability to the point of actual suicide is a very high bar. You're doing something wrong, you need to refine your outlook or get therapy.
>>
>>18359128
Crabs in the bucket mentality, you loser. Your basing your opinion on your own fear.
>refine his outlook.

Maybe OP exerting himself would be a push in the right direction towards that, no? And if you've read the five posts in this thread you know op can't really fail, right? He's a fucking phone call away from economic aid by his parents if shit goes south.
>>
>>18359128
ive got not job and no money. ive lived at home my whole life and ive never had a job.
>>
Join the Army.
>>
>>18359141
>Crabs in the bucket mentality, you loser. Your basing your opinion on your own fear.

Explain. Would therapy and a more optimistic mindset really not help him? Am I really suggesting such common advice out of a particular unnamed fear?
>>
>>18359155
Make a plan. What you come up with will be much more suited to you than anything we can come up with.

My suggested plan is start applying until you get a job, then roommate until you are more financially stable, then leave and build financially to do what you love in life.
>>
>>18359082
If you have friends in New City, go and couch surf for as short a time as possible, to avoid being a pest. Get a job - any job, a McJob if need be - using one of your friends as an address. Move out, on your own or with roommates as soon as possible. Change your address with the job. Save your pennies. Look for a better job.

Meanwhile, do all you can to patch things up with your parents, even if it means grovelling a little. Try to get at least partial support from them.

But plan on being self-sufficient very, very quickly.
>>
>>18359166
i don't mean to shoot down your advice but who would hire me? i can't get a roommate once im financially stable because no one will hire me.

ive got a blank resume, no money saved up, and ill be homeless. i wont even have an address. i couldnt get a job at a fucking convenience store.
>>
>>18359160
I did explain, you dufus. But in any case, I think you already succeeded making OP put his plans on the shelf. It was nice seeing him repeat three consecutive "i have to leave" in a row, and typing out his behaviour, consequently having to reflect upon it. But given the weak willed place he's coming from, I think you firmly put a nail in the coffin on this one. But i do hope I'm wrong...
>>
>>18359158
i couldnt make it through basic training. ive had trouble with my physical health my entire life.

im not fat, im essentially malnourished and have trouble eating to the point of constant fatigue.
>>
>>18359155
Just leave dude. You have a car, right? Live out of that. Do some odd jobs until you can land something steady. Fuck school, it's a waste of time and money, I promise you. You can go to trade school, but there's shit out there you can learn without schooling. Stop being a pussy, go.
>>
>>18359082
If you want to find a way you will. I left home when I was 16. Slept in shelters, cars, friends houses etc. Graduated went to college got a job. Etc. If you want it you'll get it. Plus those thoughts of suicide, they diminish when your to busy to think about when your fighting to survive.
>>
File: 1495906785434.jpg (135KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495906785434.jpg
135KB, 1080x1080px
Ok boyo, here is what you do. Get a job while you still live at home. Stay as long as possible or till you have like 3-5k (if you absolutely need to leave,1grand will be acceptable) then move out and get a cheap super shit appartment (like 500$ a month) get a job (walmart, mcdonalds etc) then after a while you can enter college. Good luck.
>>
>>18359082
>hi. my life is becoming hell.i live at home. my plan was to move to another state in a few months.
>this is starting to crumble. i hate my parents. i hate my house, i hate my life.
>i'm getting dangerously close to another suicide attempt
How is your life "becoming hell" if nothing isn't going to change after all...?
I understand if you are mad because something you were really looking forward to isn't going to happen now and if you aren't happy with your current situation but nothing isn't changing for the worse. If you could deal with it before you can deal with it now.

>homeless in a city with friends is better than living in this fucking prison cell.
It won't be.

Get things ready before you move.
>>
>>18359188
the looming fact that i may be here forever, the fact that nothing will change, the fact that i hate my family and everything. it is slowly starting to push me over the edge. living with these facts is hell.

and as for the homeless in a city with friends, you may be right. but in 5 years ill have a life. if i stay here, in 5 years ill be exactly where i am now.
>>
>>18359177
the car is my parents'.
>>
all right, everyone. thank you for trying to help. i mean that.

i guess i'm just going to find out what's behind door #2.
>>
>>18359218
>living with these facts is hell.
Living with that mindset is hell.
Staying few months longer doesn't mean nothing is ever going to change.
And your life isn't hell. You aren't abused. You aren't really prisoned or held in horrible conditions as you can access the internet. You aren't forced to labor according to your empty CV.
>inb4 we fight a lot
It takes 2 to argue. Learn to deal with things in a more mature way even if your parents don't.

And I'm not just saying it could be worse. Your life will become objectively harder if you leave now. You aren't going to feel any more free while stressing over where are you going to stay and how are you going to eat next month.

>in 5 years ill have a life. if i stay here, in 5 years ill be exactly where i am now.
You are alive now to right? You just leaving won't mean you have "a life" in 5 years. Plan this a little longer.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.