[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How screwed, from 1-10, 10 being dead, will I be if I were to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: death-grips.jpg (381KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
death-grips.jpg
381KB, 1600x1067px
How screwed, from 1-10, 10 being dead, will I be if I were to just drop out of college right now while hardly in debt and join a band doing a bunch of unstable jobs across the states?

Can play guitar and sing. I know a good amount of theory.
>>
>>18359076
8, you'd be more hungry than anything. Go for it, I triple dog dare you.
>>
>>18359076

You can do it if you work hard. I'll say 4.
>>
>>18359095
>>18359098
Odd question, but what are the requirements for a homeless shelter? Considering just stopping by if I do it to get food and continue my way

I also know that many large retailers throw out entire packages of food, could probably just munch on that and live in my car.

Do you guys have any tips or advice on spartan living? Especially while incorporating creative kindling
>>
Your life your rules do it and I'll buy merch.
>>
>>18359186
I'm probably going to do it.

Could be the end or the start of my life, will be interesting.

Guys know anyone who did this? Any actual musicians who did this?
>>
>>18359076
The absolute worst thing that could happen is that you'd waste a few years of your life.
>>
>>18359076
Collage sucks donkey cocks and sucks your soul. I don't know man that's a tuff one. It depends. If you absolutely must to be happy, then have a musical career. But know it will be miserable and you should take much enjoyment out of playing for people. It's all you will have. And if you're not good at it you're fucked.
>>
>>18359076
About a 6 or 7. This will probably fail miserably and you'll have wasted a few years of your life, but shouldn't fuck you forever unless you proceed to make poor choices(drugs, crime, debt, unprotected sex, ect) here on.
>>

You'd be living in your car during winter, which can be done with winter gear, but you'll still be working 40h work weeks like every other loser.
>>
I'd give it a 4.
>>
>>18359076
There is so much logistical consideration that has been left out of every post in this thread, including the OP. I suppose not even nine other people have the time to tell you in exact detail the extent of why this is a giving yourself a raw deal.
>>
>>18360037
So, 9.
>>
>>18359076
Assuming you don't have a decent living space, I would put you around a 7 or 8. If you do have a place to live perpetually, you are closer to 5. The job choice is just extremely luck-based and likely time-consuming. I wouldn't advise that decision, but it is yours to make.
>>
>>18359076

Look, you're not in a band and by the sounds of things you've never even been in a serious band. It is a terrible idea to drop everything to pursue an opportunity that isn't even there yet, if college really isn't your thing GET A JOB. I cannot stress this enough, you have no hope of becoming a professional musician if you can't afford food, because you sure as hell won't be able to afford gigging gear. In addition, it will take at least 2 months before your band has enough rehearsed material to gig and it might take even longer to book your first gig.

If you are serious about becoming a musician, start going to jam nights and local performances to meet local musicians who might be interested in being in a band with you.

One last thing; very few people in the music industry are performers or composers and even less are full time. Consider learning valuable skills like mixing, event management or creating instruments.

Hope this helps OP.
>>
If pic is related, I guess you are more into extreme music. I was in a hard touring band besides university for three years. Believe me dude, it is almost impossible to maintain an even low class lifestyle by working as a musician in that genre. It is really exciting in the beginning but after some time the whole thing gets really frustrating. There are so many good bands that do concerts everywhere but there is just a very small amount of people listening to this stuff. The market is fed as hell.
Also if you make it for one or two years, it is not said that you can continue like that.
Conclusion: Get a normal job, sorry.
>>
Watch Green Room. The beginning of the movie, before shit starts going down, is what you're in for.
Sleeping in cars, stealing gas, playing shows for beers.
You're not going to starve to death, but it'll never be easy
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.